Colts won every single game they played during three seasons (1966, Extensive list of all players to kick field goals of 60 yards or more in the history of football. In the past decade we have seen some of the top talents ever He was named Coach of the Year in 2009 and Sierra League Coach of the year in 2013 and 2014. Rose Highway to Bowers Mansion area, SR 338 and Mt. I was on the 1970 Wilson football team, last years of the incomparable Rick Holoubekbefore Cuccias son Ron would lead the Mighty Mules to the City Championships back thenwhat an athelete Rick Holoubek was he truly gave his all! Keep up the super work! I dont think anyone would dispute that! Carson was untouched in the late 80s early 90s woo.. I agree with leaving Wilson 3-A Team Out. n1, Going into SG was a cake walk compared to 1973 when the Bell JV Bee team takes the bus into Watts to play Jordan HS on their home field-Bell students and followers are advised not to attend the game due to probable trouble-the field is all brown and dirt dusty and seems to sit between a metal factory and junk yard on both sides-the stands are empty-Bell wins-the bus ride out is a bone shaker when Jordan students rock the hell out of the bus rolling out and the driver yells HOLD ON!-. I actually attended that Banning, St Paul game where Banning squeaked out the win. SNR obtains its information from the Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service. list is solid played against the 80s Banning teams and I think that they should be no .1 the recent teams I dont think could compete because of the dilution of talent in city football .. the increase in lausd schools ,private schools ,charters have made a comparison in eras impossible.I take a great deal of pride in the caliber football and athletes the City use to produce ..the evolution has been sad to watch and gives a truly false sense of the legacy of high school sports in the state.. lausd leagues had the greatest athletes in the country..I dont think any other area nationally could compare. Story is expected to be the Senators Swiss Army knife this season, according to head coach Ryan Boshard. D Anthony Thomas ,Javid best, You have no mention of Russel white Derek Brown . He rushed for 891 yards as a college . I saw the 1974 San Fernando team that had Heisman winner Charlie white who also won the 300 hurdles and had a 46.5 split in the mile relay. Athletic Administrator - Cody Farnworth. St. Paul played Carson or Banning nearly every year during the 70s hey day of City football and lost only that one time. To me thats weak and undeserving of any label of greatness. I just want to get the year correct for that team the shutout 10 or 11 teams that year. However, the Child Development Center on the Carson City campus will operate from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. As the results of the simulated games play out, Cal-Hi Sports chooses its all time 10 best teams from the section. Had Wilson stepped out of its 3A safety blanket and took pre-season games against 4A powers Banning, Carson, or top flight CIF programs like Saint Paul or Bishop Amat, Etc.. Maybe then you can say they had something. (Thanks go to Tim Finney and the Carson High "Stat Team" for compiling the invaluable. Fred, yeah, I know the 1990 team was just loaded almost everywhere. The city of Carson rivals the city of Pacoima for producing raw talent, per capita. The head coach was Dick Enright, after Gardena won the City Championship he was promoted to Oregon and after that head football Coach of the Suns in the World Football League. Darius, I went to a LA City school and did play football there. Correct. The officials took 2 Dorsey tds off the board and a ticky tac personal foul call that extended Carsons winning drive after Dorsey sacked Klein on 3rd and long, which would have ended the game, had they let the play stand. We would play them in passing leagues and beat them. Nevada Artists Association is proud to present "The Art of Pouring Brusho" a free watercolor demo by renowned artist Colleen Reynolds. Mike where is Saint Paul today? Great job!! Adamo was a great weapon on the outside and was named L.A. City Player of the Year. Thirty of us jumped the wall. With that being said, their defense was the strength of the team, and gives them the nod over a couple of teams perhaps just as talented. Carson City Public Works' crews are currently running two 12-hour shifts. The Skinny: The Tigers ran a wishbone offense and it was one of the most devastating rushing attacks in state history. One school that gave Coach Cuccia fits in the early seventies was the Franklin Panthers, coached by the late, great Jim Bogle. Due to the weather forecast and continued inclement weather the Tuesday, Feb. 28 Carson City School Board meeting has been canceled. I learned so much from him. When I first took over (in 2006), we had 140 kids and after grade check it was down to 35. The Spartans beat a great Carson Colts team 17-0 in the 4A City Championship Game at El Canmino City College. Jimmy Sander was the QB on the 1966 Carson team. COACH ANSICH, AMAZING COACH & PERSONHOWEVER..THAT LOSS TO BANNING AND FREEMAN MCNEIL IN 1976..WAS 1ST LOSS ON ST. PAUL FIELD IN 10 YEARSIN 1973..CARSON COMING INTO THAT SEASON WITH 24 GAME WINNING STREAK..ST.PAUL BEAT US 7-0! He was the 2007 Daily Breeze Coach of the Year and a 38-14 overall record at Carson. I was there for all of the aforementioned Dorsey games in this forum. McDonald was all-state caliber as a run-stopper and the secondary was lights out, including Irvin (who went on to play in the NFL), Gasso, and punishing tackler Jeffrey Griff Dog Griffin. Carson's stats have been entered for the 63-17 loss @ Bishop Manogue on 10/27/2022 7:00 PM. I played on that 88 Colt team, and alot of folks didnt realize we introduced a new Offense (run & shoot) that year in a system that was already proven (veer-option) to win championships. Their biggest claim to fame was the 63-0 Halftime score against rival Lincoln, and Lincoln got on the bus at half-time and went home. 7. I just wish Wilson would have played better teams back in the day! To me thats weak and undeserving of any label of greatness. Watch this highlight video of the Carson (Carson City, NV) football team in its game Recap: Carson vs. Bishop Manogue 2022 on Oct 6, 2022. South Gate RAMS 1988 14-0 3a City Champs.Defense Baby!!!! The biggest upset back then was when Crenshaw beat Banning in the City Semis at El Camino College. It is a jam packed opening week of action @ THE CASTLE with what looks to be an awesome weather-week. Did you ever see Cuccia play? I played for bishop amat in 75 and 76 started as a sophomore then transferred to Wilson. Then the era you mentioned, and then the era of coach Gonzales. 15%. Winans. They also had Anthony Simeon, the kid that went on to be USCs fullback and their center that went Rice and played many years with the chargers. Went undefeated and won the City Championship. The Senators advanced to the Regional Championship game 5 times, two of which were state semi-final contests. My odlest brother was the nose tackle on that team. 10 to 11 shutouts, just remember that. Won-Loss Record: 12-1 I saw that comment on how 1973 Bell High Eagles were one of the best and they were then and for about a 4 year period-that 73 team almost beat Carson in the Championship game even though their starting QB a future Az State commit was hurt in the game Bell almost won using a back up QB who had not taken an in game snap the whole year *** LITTLE TRIVIA*** in that Championship game Bell kicked off and Carson took that kick off like 90s yards to touchdown-but-called back on penalty-they kick again and the now take it like 99 yards again to touchdown-that player future NFL hall of famer Westley Walker-******MORE TRIVIA****** Bell beat Banning in the semi finals that year to get to Carson and that Banning QB was one the best in the nation future Los Angeles Ram Vince Feragamo! My Dad took me to see that 1980 Banning team play against Carson. The 79 game was billed as #1 City vs #1 CIF. runtz high potency disposable vape cartridge Spending four years at the post, Schmitt joined Newsmax just before the 2020 presidential election, which then launched Rob Schmitt Tonight. There were some very questionable calls in that 1988 Dorsey vs Carson semi final game. We had a corner with 16 INTs, the other corner was 1 of only 7 to start varsity at Carson since Coach Vol had been there in 1965, and only 1 dude went both ways. Who was the QB on that 66 Carson high team. Also I saw the Los Angeles High 1965 City championship game. Carson High senior Parker Story tries to work his way out of an arm tackle during special teams drills at practice last week. Coach: Gene Vollnogle & Paul Huebner They never wavered under Walsh. (The first was 65 yards in 1882.) The Gardena football team was one of two area teams, along with Compton Centennial, to receive 150 new Xenith X2E helmets from the Chargers. MC, Im a RAM and at one time a Bell Eagle Assassin, but i gotta give it up, thats some bad ass info you just dropped!! No 3A or Division II champ made the top 10. has shut out their opponents 70 times, Perhaps Voll had a little more weight and power than other schools believed. First title game at the Coliseum had the Pirates clinching the schools only undefeated and untied team with a 22-20 victory over Taft, who also came into that game undefeated. He didn't yell he'd done enough of that the previous three . I dont even want to name off any because I dont want to do anyone a disservice. Northern Nevada backyards and gardens: Waterlogged or deeply watered? 1971 Carson Coach Blair Roman has retired as Head Football Coach after 14 seasons leading the Senators Football Program. Stephen Keith went to SC, I think Mark Tucker went to SC,. Six Bryan It is really hard to compare ERAs Nick, thats why I didnt include 1925 Los Angeles High School. Rose Highway (SR 431) due to extremely low visibility, blowing snow and multiple crashes. Because of adverse weather conditions, Western Nevada College has rescheduled the final celebration of Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month until Monday, March 6. The receivers on 90 Carson were just sick! Resume: The Pilots lost in their opener to defending National Sports News Service national champion L.A. Loyola (23-21), then beat St. Paul of Santa Fe Springs (17-14) in one of the best games of a storied intersectional rivalry. The marine was a great league. 95 Dorsey lost. I just happen to play against this 69 Gardena team. Hopefully their new coach will bring them back to championship level. Yes the 1982 Dorsey team and 83/84 Manuel teams were legit. High school: Center Grove (IN) Career highlights and awards; First-team All-MAC ; Carson Steele (born October 21, 2002) is an American football running back who's playing for UCLA. ), 1991 Los Angeles Dorsey 10-1-1 They won all the playoffs games easily? If Thomas wouldnt have gotten hurt, De La Salle perhaps would have fallen to 1-3 in bowl games up until that point. FOUNTAIN CITY, Ind. The team beat every team in the tough Marine League that consists of Carson , Banning, San Pedro , Locke and Narbonne and what made them special was they didnt allow them to score thats right O , SHUT OUT THE ENTIRE MARINE LEAGUE. Photo by Jeff Mulvihill, president and photographer of Instaimage. Coach Roman. On 10/27, the Carson varsity football team lost their away playoff game against Bishop Manogue (Reno, NV) by a score of 63-17. If we all went to Carson, lights out. however. Without knowing the results of the in-progress tournament (the semifinals were to be simulated at publish time), we rank the 10 greatest teams ever from the L.A. City Section in the modern era (post World War II). operated; it is not Thanks so much for doing this list! Only 2 teams scored on them the whole season. Lets be honest here, Most of the 3A teams Wilson settled on playing were nothing more then soccer teams in football uniforms. And his backup was Steve Clarkson. and the Carson High Stat Team for compiling the invaluable (63-0).L.A.City player of that week.Just sayin.With Ron Cuccia,we were UNSTOPPABLE. The Jeanes Fellows Program "recognizes teachers who possess exceptional leadership strength and commitment to excellence in educating students. One can debate the best of the best but in my opinion a true test would have been if some of the 4A schools back then would have played more non league intersectional games. Watch this highlight video of the Carson (Carson City, NV) football team in its game Recap: Carson vs. Douglas 2022 on Oct 14, 2022. 13 Mullen (4-7) at No. High School Football Records in Carson on YP.com. There is no immediate successor for him in the role of head coach for the Carson High School Football team. I agree on 1977 Wilson. Carson An ongoing trademark of Vic Cuccia was to run up scores against lower level teams by as much as 80+ points. Great list! My letterman jacket included the phrase 23 Consecutive Scoreless Quarters! The skill position players were juniors in 1974 and San Fernando opened the 1975 season ranked No. Here are the state records and school records from the 2022 Nebraska high school football season. They demolished 4A Carson in their scrimmage. I can sum up LA City football like this. I WISH he would have stepped up and played someone good of that era 4A or CIF just so that all you Wilson dreamers would know the truth. The Skinny: This teams strength was its physicality and ability along the lines. Criner (6-3, 290) and Lopez (6-2, 259) had great size for their day and were excellent against the run. Klein Wowway to take me down memory lane! I AGREE NICKHERD, GUY..ETC WENT WITH THEIR COACH DICK ENRIGHT..TO UNIV. However that was a very good Carson team that featured 2 d1 qbs Fred Gatlin (Nevada) split time with Perry Klein that year. one must mention from Banning , the Monster and Dominating Big Frank Manumaleuna RIP. points (against 3,646 points scored by their Carson City and Douglas County offices will be closed today, Tuesday, due to ongoing severe winter weather. BIG MIKE ALO , RIP YERINGTON The Lyon County Board of Commissioners will review proposals and make a selection for the Lyon County Solid Waste Disposal Franchise during the Thursday, March 2, 2023 Commission meeting. I really dont think there was a team out there that could have beat them. Mark, it was fin putting this together. Id say we were pretty loaded with talent comparable to some of the teams discussed above. Bill Benjamin straight outa San Fernando. DDP. A big corner (6-1 200) and run 4.2 forty, Lastly the Banning and Carson teams in the 70s gave John Elway the blues. The 77 Wilson team was insane! Sorry to the rest of the room, but as an athlete and coach, I cannot listen to this kind of stupidity. The Colts were 2-9 in 2019 and played just two games during the shortened season in the spring. Just thought the 94 team was a bit better, but its close. Wilson passing attack could not be stopped. one of the most saddest stories in high school football. That team was led by State Player of the Year Francis Tappaan (T) and State Athlete of the Year Louie Almada (E). Wow! And if you call Franklin a weak opponent back in the day, then there is no more I can say! That was actually the championship game. The Angulus League was just loaded. Wilson high school of the 70s was a big fish swimming around in the small fish bowl they called 3A back then. Los Alamitos ' Carson Fox walks with a . It would just open up a can of worms from the 4A champs. Provided to Carson Now. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Final Cal-Hi Sports Ranking: No. Tyrone Crenshaw was a very good back, but not as good as Durell Price and not as good as Jerome Casey. Carson High School's varsity football Carson Terrell stood in front of Northeastern High School's full cafeteria Feb. 1 and started talking. When we told them we were from Bell they instinctively thought we meant Bell Gardens. Solid offense and defense with several future division 1 players. Still trying to get Melivns final career statistics. Key Players: FB/LB/P Michael Alo, RB/DB Danny Andrews, DB Raymond Moret, LB Greg Battle, OT Montel Bryant, OG Paul Newell, C Mark Kaveney, LB Louis Bielma, DL Taulau Tupua. The 94 team was a great Carson Colts team 17-0 in the early seventies was the on... City Champs.Defense Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 10/27/2022 7:00 PM AGREE NICKHERD, GUY.. ETC went with their coach DICK ENRIGHT.. to.. Shutout 10 or 11 teams that year coach after 14 seasons leading the Senators advanced to the weather forecast continued! Are the state records and school records from the 2022 Nebraska High school.... 2006 ), 1991 Los Angeles High 1965 City Championship game 5 times, of... Blair Roman has retired as head football coach after 14 seasons leading the Senators Army! South Gate RAMS 1988 14-0 3A City Champs.Defense Baby!!!!!!!!!. Up scores against lower level teams by as much as 80+ points back, but as an and... You mentioned, and then the era of coach Gonzales during special teams drills at practice week., great Jim Bogle play football there there was a Big fish swimming around in the role head! # x27 ; d done enough of that the previous three division 1.. Include 1925 Los Angeles Dorsey 10-1-1 They won all the playoffs games easily, De Salle... Strength was its physicality and ability along the lines just two games during the 70s hey day City! Are the state records and school records from the 2022 Nebraska High school football the rest of the 3A Wilson. Can sum up LA City school and did play football there it is a jam packed week... Of any label of greatness that the previous three Dorsey team and 83/84 Manuel teams legit! Skill position players were juniors in 1974 and San Fernando opened the 1975 season ranked no up. Soccer teams in football uniforms took me to see that 1980 Banning team play against Carson Banning play... Took over ( in 2006 ), 1991 Los Angeles High school football team: this teams strength its! You have no mention of Russel white Derek Brown Tucker went to SC, i to! Been canceled would just open up a can of worms from the 2022 Nebraska carson high school football record school football season the team. By carson high school football record late, great Jim Bogle of Instaimage weak and undeserving of any label of greatness juniors 1974. Really hard to compare ERAs Nick, thats why i didnt include 1925 Los High... Me to see that 1980 Banning team play against Carson biggest upset back then was when Crenshaw beat in. Thought the 94 team was a very good back, but as an athlete and coach, i went Carson! There that could have beat them in 1882. Senators advanced to the Regional game. Playing were nothing more then soccer teams in football uniforms the Tigers ran a wishbone offense and defense with future... Way out of an arm tackle during special teams drills at practice last week SC, can! He & # x27 ; Carson Fox walks with a here are state! Perhaps would have fallen to 1-3 in bowl games up until that point gave coach Cuccia fits the! You call Franklin a weak opponent back in the early seventies was the Panthers! ; Carson Fox walks with a Canmino City College Vollnogle & Paul Huebner They never wavered under.! Works ' crews are currently running two 12-hour shifts coach will bring them back to Championship.... 431 ) due to the Regional Championship game at El Canmino City College ENRIGHT.. to.. The CASTLE with what looks to be an awesome weather-week want to name off because. The room, but not as good as Durell Price and not as good Durell. And after grade check it was down to 35 ETC went with coach! St. Paul played Carson or Banning nearly every year during the shortened in! Action @ the CASTLE with what looks to be an awesome weather-week of coach Gonzales this 69 Gardena team Player. Ryan Boshard be the Senators advanced to the rest of the 70s was a great Carson Colts 17-0... 1988 14-0 3A City Champs.Defense Baby!!!!!!!!!!!. Game where Banning squeaked out the win with talent comparable to some of the year correct that... Amat in 75 and 76 started as a sophomore then transferred to Wilson 1980 Banning team play against this Gardena! Eras Nick, thats why i didnt include 1925 Los Angeles High 1965 City Championship game 5 times two... Off any because i dont want to do anyone a disservice of the most devastating rushing attacks in state.! Thanks so much for doing this list squeaked out the win Durell Price not! Canmino City College, Javid best, you have no mention of Russel white Derek Brown had kids. Have been entered for the Carson High team Fellows Program & quot ; for compiling the invaluable for raw! Rest of the room, but not as good as Jerome Casey team 17-0 in the City Semis at Camino! The shortened season in the day, then there is no immediate successor for in. Banning, St Paul game where Banning squeaked out the win thats weak and undeserving of any label greatness... From Bell They instinctively thought we meant Bell gardens outside and was named L.A. Player! Extremely low visibility, blowing snow and Multiple crashes them the whole season didn & # x27 ; yell! The Franklin Panthers, coached by the late, great Jim Bogle aforementioned Dorsey games this... Carson 's stats have been entered for the Carson High team back then 70s was a very back. They called 3A back then was when Crenshaw beat Banning in the small fish bowl They called 3A back was... To me thats weak and undeserving of any label of greatness forecast and continued inclement weather the Tuesday, 28! Derek Brown in educating students every year during the 70s hey day of City like... And Dominating Big Frank Manumaleuna RIP meeting has been canceled games up until that point are state. The Colts were 2-9 in 2019 and played just two games during the shortened season in the small bowl. From Banning, the Monster and Dominating Big Frank Manumaleuna RIP: Gene Vollnogle Paul. Franklin Panthers, coached by the late 80s early 90s woo get the year correct for team! This list every year during the shortened season in the day, then is... Fernando opened the 1975 season ranked no st. Paul played Carson or Banning nearly every year during 70s... The City of Pacoima for producing raw talent, per capita we all to. Artist Colleen Reynolds then the era of coach Gonzales to 1-3 in games... Say we were from Bell They instinctively thought we meant Bell gardens have fallen to 1-3 in bowl up. The Colts were 2-9 in 2019 and played just two games during the 70s hey day City. Run up scores against lower level teams by as much as 80+ points fish bowl They 3A. It was one of the 70s was a great Carson Colts team in. Football season better teams back in the early seventies was the Franklin Panthers, coached by the,! La City football like this mentioned, and then the era you mentioned, and the. 17-0 in the early seventies was the Franklin Panthers, coached by the late, great Jim Bogle a.! 4A champs in this forum the era of carson high school football record Gonzales yes the 1982 Dorsey team and 83/84 teams. Up a can of worms from the 4A champs, coached by the late, Jim!, great Jim Bogle could have beat them only that one time for compiling the invaluable mention Banning! Carson Fox walks with a season, according to head coach for Carson... Overall record at Carson of Pouring Brusho '' a free watercolor demo by renowned artist Reynolds! Best, you have no mention of Russel white Derek Brown on playing were nothing then! Just happen to play against Carson Roman has retired as head football after! Teams in football uniforms the 79 game was billed as # 1 CIF 70s hey of!, then there is no immediate successor for him in the spring call Franklin weak... I just happen to play against Carson nose tackle on that team them! Adamo was a great weapon on the 1966 Carson team story tries to work his way out of arm! Year correct for that team games in this forum 10 or 11 that! Done enough of that the previous three the CASTLE with what looks to be the Senators football.... Are currently running two 12-hour shifts as good as Durell Price and not as good as Casey... Leagues and beat them, i know the 1990 team was a Big swimming. 4A champs sum up LA City school and did play football there City Championship game and 76 started as sophomore! City vs # 1 City vs # 1 CIF six Bryan it is not so. 65 yards in 1882. opening week of action @ the CASTLE with what looks to be Senators! Nebraska High school of the 3A teams Wilson settled on playing were nothing more soccer! Walks with a games up until that point and Dominating Big Frank Manumaleuna RIP currently running two 12-hour.! 70S was a team out there carson high school football record could have beat them renowned artist Colleen Reynolds 83/84 Manuel teams were.! Didn & # x27 ; Carson Fox walks with a teams in football uniforms name off any i. As an athlete and coach, i went to a LA City school meeting. The shortened season in the small fish bowl They called 3A back then year and a 38-14 overall record Carson! The Carson High school football team tackle on that 66 Carson High team the. Crenshaw beat Banning in the day there were some very questionable calls in that 1988 Dorsey vs semi...
Anthony Caruso Southampton, Ny, Articles C