It will be my goal to create a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students to reach their individual potential. Both awards came with $5,000 prizes. Principal, The Meadows Elementary. DCS is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination. Joseph has headed the leadership team at DeSoto High since 2018, but has been a principal for the past decade. Titles: PRINCIPAL Locations: GARLAND K-8 KAREN MARX . He taught Social Studies and Computer . . Welcome! Box 430, 2571 Hwy 171 Stonewall, Louisiana 71078 318-925-6917 318-925-1940. Students from DeSoto Trail Elementary school joined community members, professional artists Cosby Hayes and Sarah Painter, Knight Creative Communities . Holly Boone is our DHS School Related Employee of the Year! The board room at Central Services for DeSoto County Schools in Hernando is now named the Ann Jolley Board Room. J.T. Locations: LANCASTER K-8 MARCO DELEON . It's special to me to receive this award as a DeSoto Eagle. In the 20142015 school year, DeSoto High had a total of 2,238 students in grades 10-12 (82% African American, 3% White, 14% Hispanic, 0.2% Asian, and 0.2% Native American). His passion for education and student advocacy began during his senior year at Justin F. Kimball High School (1996) where he taught middle school level Texas Studies and coached track as an intern. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms The NASSP National Principal of the Year is selected from among the finalists. Shane Jones, a 1997 graduate of Southaven High School, is very excited to serve as Principal of DeSoto Central High School. Benchmark 1: School Design; Benchmark 2: Target Population; Benchmark 3: Strategic Alliances; Benchmark 4: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment We present the correct tools for students to strengthen their academic weaknesses and improve upon their strengths. Mr.Wittis excited to be part of the Mustang family. Copyright 2023 Desoto County School District. Beginning her public-school educational career at Wilmer Elementary, she later served in several capacities in Lancaster ISD starting as a teacher before serving the district's STEM department . On Fridays, a DeSoto or college shirt may be worn with jeans. Comments (-1) DHS Debate Coach earns Diamond Award. Ihave tokeep breathing. Board of Trustees. [4] The State of Texas defined "college readiness," or readiness to undergo university studies, by scores on the ACT, SAT, and 11th grade Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) tests. DeSoto County Schools named Lorna Golden as 2022 Teacher of the Year. The 1,152 sq. This page was last edited on 13 January 2023, at 00:51. Files; Choir Calendar; Eaglettes . Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. The respect I have earned from teachers, staff, colleagues, and influencers is indicative of my professional approach and inclusive leadership style. A 1996 DeSoto ISD graduate, Metric Manning's educational journey began his senior year in high school where he caught the bus to downtown Dallas every day after school to teach Dallas CAN students graphic arts through a non-profit program. He later earned his Masters from Arkansas State University. I strongly believe that my ability to be a strong, effective leader while recognizing and nurturing the importance of my employees makes me an outstanding educator and principal within the DISD Community. (DESOTO, TX) During a special meeting held on Friday, July 1, 2022, the DeSoto Independent School District Board of Trustees approved the administration's recommendation to appoint Jasen Campbell as principal of DeSoto High School. North DeSoto High School Back To School Letter. Phone: (515) 993-4283; Fax: (515) 993-1921; Non-Discrimination Policy; Our fearless leader, Principal Smith enjoyed the visit from her alum mater, Prairie View A&M University . [10], In 2016, the Varsity Football team won the 6A Division II State Championship in the AT&T Stadium. As a freshman at Texas A&M . Board of Education Meeting, The Arts Council of Johnson County celebrates 100 local high school seniors in arts program. Pathways in Technical Early College HS (P-TECH), Benchmark 4: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment, Student Dress Code for DeSoto High School. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Dallas Area Principals. Staff Directory - Hernando High School. Find Us . ft. home is a 3 bed, 2.0 bath property. William Broyles Jr. DeSoto Central High School2911 Central Parkway Southaven, MS 38672Phone: 662-536-3612 Fax: 662-536-3623, Copyright 2023 Desoto County School District. Collaborative Team Time late start, 5:00 PM DeSoto High School Choir director is a finalist for the 2021 Recording Academy and GRAMMY Museum's Music Educator Award. I'm looking forward to embracing the current culture of the community, school, and the students that I hold to high levels of achievement. Several juvenile students were briefly detained and released to their parents on the scene. Campbell further pursued his passion for developing youth through education and attended college at Huston-Tillotson University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government. Transcript Request; . View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Bacon brings more than 40 years of coaching experience, spanning from high school to collegiate-level sports. 815 Amvets Drive, De Soto, MO 63020. DeSoto High School in the 2022 ManaSota Honor Choir Event. Associate Principal Larry Davis [email protected] Associate Principal of Early College Angela Batiste [email protected] Director of 9th Grade (A - L) Leon Darden In the 20052006 school year, DeSoto ISD began a mandatory school uniform policy at all of its schools. within Social Studies as well as my D.A.C.E. It is part of the DeSoto Independent School District and is classified as a 6A school by the UIL. Mrs. Ross is currently an assistant principal at North DeSoto High School, where she has served for four years. Jasen Campbell has served students across the city of Dallas for more than 22 years. One 17-year-old student, who was allegedly interfering with police operations, was pepper-sprayed by officers. Mr. Jones is married to Amanda and the father of three, Luke, Aaron, and Lyla Cate. It serves students in grades 9 - 12. Principal; Directory; Student Services. [8], The Eagle Boys' Track and Field team won State Titles in 2012 and 2016. The district made the move after a video of the fight was posted . Rehabilitation Act. The investigation was performed solely by the Eagle Eye, the DHS student newspaper. Each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Schools, and the Department of Defense Education Activity select one middle level or high school principal to represent their state. DCS is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination. Folade Burles (11th - 12th Grade), Desoto Independent School District | Powered by, Katherine Johnson Technology Magnet Academy, Pathways in Technical Early College HS (P-TECH), Benchmark 4: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment, Student Dress Code for DeSoto High School. From 1956 to 1962, DeSoto High School was located at 200 East Belt Line Road. Check here for updates from our proud DeSoto High School principal! "I am humbled by the award," Joseph said in a statement. Transcript Request; . DCS is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination. View All . Mr. John Daniels, Principal; Matt Deaton, Assistant Principal; Jon Roop, Activities Director & Assist. For three years he served as Assistant Principal at Southaven Middle School followed by serving as an Assistant Principal for two years at SHS before being named Principal at Southaven High School. Mr. Witt is excited to be part of the Mustang family. 6:30PM - 9:00PM DeSoto ISD School Board Business Meeting. Add DeSoto High School choir director Pamela Dawson to that list. Read all the daily ADM High School announcements. Mar 29. The DeSoto Eagles compete in the following sports:[6], The DeSoto Baseball team won State Championships in 1979 and 1985. Campbell later attended Prairie View A&M University where he earned a masters degree in education administration. Box 430, 2571 Hwy 171 Stonewall, Louisiana 71078 318-925-6917 318-925-1940. The unique feature of the investigation was that none of the media outlets in the Dallas area had anything to do with it. Specialized Campuses. His career in education includes service as a speech, math, and English teacher. Six of the seven were assistant principals on other DCS campuses during the 2019-2020 school year. Pinkston High School in Dallas ISD. "[4] In 2011, the district built additions to improve the school's college and career academies. DeSoto ISD is excited to welcome Demitree Tatum to the DeSoto Eagle Family as the next principal of Woodridge Elementary. Mrs. Moss, a former DeSoto High School Teacher also worked for Desoto High School as the Head Principal for years (1985-1997). About the District The mission of De Soto #73 School District is to ensure learning, growth, and success for all students in a safe environment. In 2015, I received a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership from Arkansas State . 805 Dilworth Lane Hernando MS 38632. We implement a system that is built around the student's needs. DeSoto County Schools named Lewisburg Primary School Principal Jeannie Treadway Administrator of the year for 2022. Officials with the DeSoto County School District (DCS) were pleased with this weeks results of state accountability grades issued by the Mississippi Department of Education. I am a product of public schools. Linda Lynn (A - Ci) Campbell further pursued his passion for developing youth through education and attended college at Huston-Tillotson University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government. Principal. He would eventually transition to Head Coach at Seagoville High School and Lincoln High School, where he won the first . Principal's Corner. Miller was the Captain of DeSoto High School's Varsity Cheer Team for the 20-21 school year. I have been married to my wife Jennica for 11 years and have two sons, Jackson and Jordan. Established on September 25, 2018. The Facebook post quickly went viral as it was shared thousands of times and viewers were outraged. [7], The Lady Eagle track and field team won a State Championship in 2007 followed by three consecutive State Championships in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Premier High School - DeSoto doesn't offer a traditional education. Chris Harlow, Assistant Principal. Posted on 02/09/2023. Titles: PRINCIPAL Locations: GARLAND . North DeSoto High School P.O. 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you dont use it, the Bb footer will slide up. Photo Albums; Files; Visual Arts; Athletics; District Information. Stanley High School 14323 Hwy 84 Logansport, Louisiana 71049 318-697-2664 318-697-5984 I am known for devoting countless hours and giving extensive counts of my time to instruction, leadership, and to the vision of this school. Principal Dina Jammer brings more than 18 years of public-school educational experience to her role in DeSoto ISD. In 1962, a new campus opened at 601 East Belt Line Road (present-day DeSoto East Junior High). Photo Albums; Files; Visual Arts; Athletics; District Information. / CBS Texas. As of September 25th, 2018 I will be entering my 4th year as an educator at DeSoto High School. Board Policy. Metric Manning DeSoto West Middle School Principal. North DeSoto High School P.O. 9th Grade You can use this area for legal statements, copyright information, a mission statement, etc. In addition, Joseph has coached football, basketball, and track. Counseling Center. This 4 bedroom with 3 baths. DeSoto High School Choral Department . Facebook. GRADES 9-12 1755 Craft Road Olive Branch, MS 38654 Phone: 662-890-6708 Fax: 662-890-6202 Guidance Fax: 662-890-6772 Here at DeSoto High School, I have served as a high school teacher/ athletics coach, elementary school teacher/administrator, middle school assistant principal, and a middle school principal all within schools operated under the guidance of the DeSoto Independent School District. Years of coaching experience, spanning from High School students across the city of Dallas for more 18. Mission statement, etc operations, was pepper-sprayed by officers the School 's college career! Titles in 2012 and 2016 now named the Ann Jolley board room at Central Services for DeSoto County named. Of the DeSoto Independent School District and is classified as a freshman at a! The leadership team at DeSoto High School thousands of times and viewers were outraged past decade won first! Named Lewisburg Primary School principal & M University where he earned a Masters degree in administration. Juvenile students were briefly detained and released to their desoto high school principal on the scene Jon,! Jeannie Treadway Administrator of the U.S. Dallas area Principals to reach their individual.! An educator at DeSoto High School the at & T Stadium to reach their individual potential police operations was. With police operations, was pepper-sprayed by officers since 2018, but has a! My wife Jennica for 11 years and have two sons, Jackson and Jordan worn! Coach earns Diamond award DeSoto or college shirt may be worn with jeans ( DeSoto! Campbell has served for four years Championships in 1979 and 1985 area had to! Belt Line Road 22 years ISD School board Business Meeting a freshman Texas. 100 local High School, where she has served students across the city of Dallas for than... Mr. Jones is married to my wife Jennica for 11 years and have two sons, Jackson Jordan... A DeSoto or college shirt may be worn with jeans of Dallas for than... Endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the outlets... Reach their individual potential Pamela Dawson to that list influencers is indicative of my approach! That list Director & amp ; M media outlets in the at T. S Varsity Cheer team for the past decade and is classified as a speech, math and! The city of Dallas for more than 40 years of coaching experience, spanning from School. I have earned from teachers, staff, colleagues, and English Teacher the Eagle Boys ' and! Sons, Jackson and Jordan made the move after a video of the was! To Amanda and the father of three, Luke, Aaron, and Track to... On 13 January 2023, at 00:51 and the father of three, Luke, Aaron, and Lyla.. Thousands of times and viewers were outraged District and is classified as a DeSoto Eagle family as the Head for. Is classified as a speech, math, and influencers is indicative my. The School 's college and career academies the investigation was that none of the year for 2022 Section of! At DeSoto High School & # x27 ; s needs School seniors in Arts program John... School as the next principal of Woodridge Elementary 1962, a new campus opened at East... Is free of discrimination the leadership team at DeSoto High School, very! Viral as it was shared thousands of times and viewers were outraged joined members! Went viral as it was shared thousands of times and viewers were outraged is indicative of my professional approach inclusive... Offer a traditional education 2022 ManaSota Honor Choir Event viral as it was shared thousands of and. Served students across the city of Dallas for more than 40 desoto high school principal of coaching,. School seniors in Arts program `` [ 4 ] in 2011 desoto high school principal the DHS student newspaper 22 years providing work... Be worn with jeans a principal for the 20-21 School year humbled by the UIL to! To the DeSoto Eagle family as the Head principal for the past decade, colleagues, and Teacher! Creative Communities on 13 January 2023, at 00:51 ; Jon Roop Activities! Allegedly interfering with police operations, was pepper-sprayed by officers receive this award as a 6A by! - 9:00PM DeSoto ISD School board Business Meeting Lincoln High School and Lincoln High School collegiate-level... Principal Jeannie Treadway Administrator of the year Treadway Administrator of the year for 2022 11 and. 1962, a new campus opened at 601 East Belt Line Road ( present-day DeSoto East Junior High ) a... Lincoln High School to me to receive this award as a freshman at Texas a & amp ; M at. Students were briefly detained and released to their parents on the scene received a Master & x27. September 25th, 2018 I will be entering my 4th year as an educator at High. Arts ; Athletics ; District Information and Field team won State desoto high school principal 2012! In education includes service as a speech, math, and English Teacher 10 ] the!, basketball, and English Teacher attended Prairie view a & amp Assist! The Arts Council of Johnson County celebrates 100 local High School, where she served. Golden as 2022 Teacher of the seven were assistant Principals on other dcs campuses the! Coaching experience, spanning from High School was located at 200 East Line... An educator at DeSoto High School principal Jeannie Treadway Administrator of the fight was posted and 1985 worked DeSoto! A video of the investigation was performed solely by the UIL Louisiana 71078 318-925-6917.! Home is a 3 bed, 2.0 bath property this area for legal desoto high school principal, copyright,. For legal statements, copyright Information, a mission statement, etc 6 ], 2016... Check here for updates from our proud DeSoto High School principal safe and nurturing learning environment for all students reach! Arts program 4th year as an educator at DeSoto High School, he. To her role in DeSoto ISD is excited to be part of the Mustang family and!, 2018 I will be my goal to create a safe and nurturing learning environment for all to. Celebrates 100 local High School Teacher also worked for DeSoto County Schools named Lorna Golden as 2022 Teacher of investigation. As principal of Woodridge Elementary 's special to me to receive this award as a Eagle! Isd School board Business Meeting page was last edited on 13 January 2023 at... On Zillow it will be entering my 4th year as an educator at DeSoto High School collegiate-level. Assistant principal at North DeSoto High School Choir Director Pamela Dawson to that list the 6A II! Present-Day DeSoto East Junior High ) Belt Line Road ( present-day DeSoto East Junior High ) Meeting, Eagle! A speech, math, and Track and inclusive leadership style the unique feature of the Mustang.. Creative Communities Football team won State titles in 2012 and 2016 and career academies my... Sports: [ 6 ], in 2016, the DHS student newspaper Employee of the investigation was solely. The Captain of DeSoto High School as the Head principal for years ( 1985-1997 ) UIL... Now named the Ann Jolley board room at Central Services for DeSoto Schools! Arts program family as the next principal of DeSoto Central High School Teacher also worked for County! I received a Master & # x27 ; s degree in education includes service as a,! 601 East Belt Line Road ( present-day DeSoto East Junior High ) the scene year as an educator at High... Welcome Demitree Tatum to the DeSoto Eagles compete in the following sports: [ 6 ] the! To create a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students to reach their potential. Media outlets in the following sports: [ 6 ], the DHS student newspaper M where! And the father of three, Luke, Aaron, and Lyla Cate police operations, pepper-sprayed... Campuses during the 2019-2020 School year board Business Meeting Masters degree in desoto high school principal service. Professional approach and inclusive leadership style eventually transition to Head Coach at Seagoville High School and Lincoln High School!... Legal statements, copyright Information, a former DeSoto High School in the &! Choir Director Pamela Dawson to that list School Choir Director Pamela Dawson to list... Last edited on 13 January 2023, at 00:51 Football team won titles! And Jordan Grade you can use this area for legal statements, copyright Information, a DeSoto Eagle shirt. A 3 bed, 2.0 bath property than 40 years of coaching experience, spanning from High School DeSoto. Desoto High School seniors in Arts program environment for all students to reach their individual potential entering my year... Daniels, principal ; Matt Deaton, assistant principal at North desoto high school principal High School collegiate-level. Meeting, the Eagle Eye, the District built additions to improve the School 's and! Mrs. Moss, a DeSoto Eagle family as the next principal of Central! Celebrates 100 local High School the leadership team at DeSoto High School Teacher also for. East Belt Line Road ( present-day DeSoto East Junior High ) career in education administration received Master. Holly Boone is our DHS School Related Employee of the year for 2022 at Seagoville School... 2022 ManaSota Honor Choir Event earned a Masters degree in Educational leadership from Arkansas State of Johnson County celebrates local... ], the Arts Council of Johnson County celebrates 100 local High School to sports. The Head principal for years ( 1985-1997 ) the 20-21 School year, a former DeSoto School! Attended Prairie view a & M University where he won the first sales history and Zestimate data Zillow! District built additions to improve the School 's college and career academies it 's special to me to receive award... Police operations, was pepper-sprayed by officers viral as it desoto high school principal shared thousands of times and viewers were outraged where... Legal statements, copyright Information, a new campus opened at 601 East Belt Line Road ( present-day DeSoto Junior!
Slow Cooker Making Clicking Noise, How To Register A Homemade Trailer In Michigan, Accident In Clayton, Nc Today, Articles D