We and our partners use cookies to display personalized advertising and for profiling and measurement purposes. The current 7 speed box on the F55/56 Mini isn't bad either, which is a DCT! Theres a perfectly safe gap, you pull away only for the car to pop out of first gear and leave you stranded at 90 degrees to the oncoming traffic a T-bone of an accident waiting to happen. Screenshot_20191117-211904_Auto Trader_1574025667655.jpg. STOP & START General characteristics of Goodyear bicycle tyres. Recall that it was in 2015 when Peugeot unveiled the new EAT6 (Efficient Automatic Transmission) transmission, a six-ratio box that would be used in various models of the PSA group. Yes. What problems does the Peugeot EAT8 automatic gearbox have? Read Answer What problems does Peugeot's EAT8 automatic transmission have? This new gearbox selector isn't aimed just at the internal combustion engine models with the EAT8 automatic transmission, but also e-208 and e-2008 models with their battery electric drivetrains . New Motoring 103,962 views Feb 13, 2019 697 Dislike Save NewMotoring 13K subscribers Peugeot has thrown away the old EAT6 six-speed automatic gearbox. Where to find the radio code on the Renault? This PEUGEOT automatic gearbox reduces fuel consumption by up to 7% thanks to improved efficiency with the extension of the Stop & Start function up to 20 km/h and the shift to 8 gears. It is a superb gearbox and having the 1.6 BlueHDI engine it gives . These are some of the most common problems that affect Peugeot automatic transmissions. The new EAT6 automatic gearbox in the Citroen C4 Cactus is vastly improved over the old robotized manual. What can be caused by any problems with AdBlue on the Peugeot 3008? GT Line? In the initial stages, these symptoms will be sporadic and only happen during slow accelerations but will worsen with time. Do you agree? How to change the gearbox oil on the Peugeot Django? Ram aisin transmission. This is very common on high-mileage cars, as the manufacturer claims this is a sealed for life transmission. Stylish, practical and good to drive, the well-equipped 3008 is one of the best family SUVs you can buy. I tried everything, moving my seat closer to the wheel to make sure the clutch pedal was all the way down. Aisin automatic transmissions are manufactured by Aisin Seiki and Aisin AW, formerly known as Aisin-Warner, and which was established in 1969 as a joint venture between Aisin Seiki and BorgWarner.The joint venture terminated in 1987. By continuing to use this site, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service. eryep actually, just looked the only one on Auto trader - it's definitely got flappy paddles - see attachment Torque converter gearboxes can have flappy paddles fitted so the driver can select the gears if they wish. . VIN Decoder. Web. I find this hard to believe, so if youre having the same issue please do get in touch. Under the bonnet, the same engine as my lockdown companion: a 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo, but this one is upped to produce 128bhp and teamed with an eight-speed auto gearbox. R. Reverse gear. Or completely stall. Unless theres a super-keen Audi driver behind you who is going for a full-blown racing start and not expecting the vehicle in front to suddenly lose momentum. So, even though it's got the flappy paddles, it's not classed as a dual clutch? Its easy enough to re-engage first because the cars anti-stall technology should kick in so all you have to do is dip the clutch. Characteristics, strengths and weaknesses of Apollo Alnac 4G Winter tyres, Features, strengths and weaknesses of Imperial Ecodriver 4 tyres. Doesn't sound like much does it? . Replacing the whole valve body is the only solution, but many specialized workshops sell rebuilt ones because this is a well-known problem. How to drive the automatic transmission of the Peugeot 3008, Changing the automatic gearbox oil on Opel Insignia. This article will explain the common issues that affect Peugeot vehicles with automatic transmissions. Honestly, you will have no trouble with this gearbox, it is very smooth and fantastic to use. Answer: The EAT8 automatic transmission present in various Peugeot vehicles, including the 3008, is the latest transmission model produced by the French compa. I haven't driven a dual clutch but in the main this is decent. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Peugeot. Eight-speed torque converter auto. In some cases, it can even lead to the loss of affected gears. . Buy used for less at Buyacar. Aisin designed the transmission to package in the same space as preceding 6-speed designs, while increasing the total gear spread and reducing gear spacing. It's probably the smoothest auto box I've ever driven, far nicer than the DSG box on my last car (Golf GTD). (2016-present) have had reports of transmission issues. The main problems of the Peugeot EAT8 automatic transmission occur at low temperatures: the passage from first to second gear often occurs abruptly, producing a jerk. Contact Us Web. When in sport mode, it changes gear quickly but a torque converter gearbox will never change gears as quick as a dual clutch gearbox. Hi, I'm thinking of getting a 308 GT (petrol version) with the EAT8 gearbox & was wondering how good this gearbox is compared to other dual clutch gearboxes. What problems does Peugeot's EAT8 automatic transmission have? Later models of the Citroen C3 (2013-2016) have been known to have problems with the fuel injectors. I'd like to think that i'm not a snob, but i prefer manual shift cars My personal experience with automatic shifting has not been very good so far, and i've driven a variety of automatic shift rentals over the years. 2019 Peugeot 3008 EAT8 Automatic Review! Gearbox selector positions. After one particularly awful incident with a car full of children on the way to school, I sent Peugeot the dash camera footage. The control of the direction of progress us now automatic with the use of Park Assist or Adapted Cruise Control with the Stop Function, all this without any action on the part of the driver. Come join the discussion about performance, reviews, reliability, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, for all models. Aisin Seiki is a major [citation needed] manufacturer of automobile transmissions.. Automatic transmissions. Where is the radio fuse located on a car? Testimonials Gliding (running with the engine turned off) is said to damage the transmission due to lack of lubrication because of the oil pump not working. Platinum Spark Plugs: Which is Better for Your Engine? Privacy Policy For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. With the Peugeot 3008, the French car maker seems to have rediscovered the mojo that helped it develop the 205 GTi. I've been looking at the possibility of purchasing either a 308SW or 508SW, but noticed that the manual shift engine options are a bit limited, the highest performance available is the 130HP 1.5 BlueHDI or the 130HP 1.2 PureTech. From a safety point of view, the Park function is activated automatically as soon as the engine is turned off. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a2029dfaf8ca2e7a2144bdbe6236f84b" );document.getElementById("f9c35d78d0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. This can lead to poor engine performance, misfires, and even stalling. The Eat8 gearbox (8 gears) that is installed in the PSA group (Peugeot and Citroen), is an advanced gearbox .. The EAT 8 gearbox is also lighter in weight by a few KG compared to the EAT 6 gearbox. fz. I've heard that the VW DSG box is a bit jerky at crawling speeds, as in a traffic jam situation - is it the same with the EAT gearbox, or is it a smoother system? It also saves weight and is incredibly compact. Nov 1, 2022 ws vr. Your email address will not be published. To report any inaccuracy or your business (if you own the business in question), please write to. Older Peugeots that use a ZF 4HP20 4-speed transverse automatic transmission, designated as A4L, can have intermittent problems with going into limp mode. In most cases, the problem will be sporadic and more prominent when the vehicle reaches running temperatures. Home Auto Maintenance General Maintenance. Fault Code Lookup What to do in case of problems with the Peugeot 3008's EAT8 gearbox? Perhaps I wasnt depressing the clutch pedal fully, or maybe I wasnt engaging first gear properly. Information published on YOUCANIC is accurate and correct to our knowledge; however, there may be omissions, errors, or mistakes. To report any inaccuracy or your business (if you own the business in question), please write to. Excessive bore wear inside the valve body causes transmission fluid pressure losses and various shift issues. Fuel consumption: 19.2km . This results in harsh gear shifts. It also saves weight and is incredibly compact. EAT8 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX This PEUGEOT automatic gearbox reduces fuel consumption by up to 7% thanks to improved efficiency with the extension of the Stop & Start function up to 20 km/h and the shift to 8 gears. Sticking or clogged Lock-up solenoids, causing delays in gear shifts. Raise the car and secure it. Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 case) My 3008 is an automatic with a 6 speed EAT6 gearbox. Frequently asked questions about cars and motorcycles. This will start as an intermittent problem that only occurs while driving for longer but can worsen with time. . Peugeots that use an Aisin AWF6 6-speed automatic gearbox designated as TF70 or TF80 have a common problem that affects gear shifts in certain situations. EAT8 automatic gearbox, "Ecient Automatic Transmission" with Shift and Park by wire control oers even more Id been in contact with them regularly and they hadnt seemed that interested. Naturally there were no other reports of anything similar happening. BlueHDi? For most buyers, the entry-level 1.2 PureTech engine is the . What is the torque of the oil torque bolts? But nothing worked. When I finally get to test drive one, I'll make a decision, although it does sound pretty good & I know there are some definite quirks with dual clutch systems, so may be the perfect solution. The manual mode is also fun to use, in a different way to the way a traditional manual is, and once you appreciate that about the car, you wont regret going for the eat8 gearbox. Your email address will not be published. . How to fix Peugeot 3008 EAT8 automatic transmission problem? Be careful to use the approved transmission fluid. The Aisin AW F8FXX series is the world's first [1] 8-speed automatic transmission designed for use in transverse engine applications. ScegliAuto is not responsible for any inaccuracy of the data in the lists. BlueHDi? The source of the problem is a spring inside the regulator, which wears out and causes pressure loss. Acceleration (0-100 km/h): 8.8sec . Read Answer: How do I unlock the automatic transmission of the Mercedes CLK? What problems does Peugeot's EAT8 automatic transmission have? October 29, 2011 1:44 AM . But never owned one. Yes - it's a proper torque converter 8 speed auto box that has flappy paddle change IF the driver wishes to take manual control of the gear changes. We and our partners use cookies to display personalized advertising and for profiling and measurement purposes. My suspicions were confirmed when the car was driven by my colleagues, who also experienced the same issue. Do you agree? Web. The car makers are out to exploit the minds of drivers today. read all. It doesnt mean that every Peugeot vehicle will have transmission problems. Not all DSG are that bad. Peugeot launches the new 8-speed automatic transmission EAT8 that will gradually equip cars with BlueHDi Diesel engines and PureTech petrol engines, starting with the new 308. Version", "2022 Volkswagen Taos: What We Know So Far", "2015 Volvo S80 D4 Geartronic SE Lux review Updated Swedish Exec Gets Greener", "Volvo's 2017 S90 has standard semi-autonomous driving system", "2019 XC40 spearheads Volvo's new CMA platform", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=AWF8F35&oldid=1138630700, 2018present Mini Cooper SD (F55/F56) and JCW (F56) due to torque output over 300Nm, This page was last edited on 10 February 2023, at 18:36. Top Gear reviews the Peugeot 3008. . I've got the EAT8 in my 1.2 130 Tech Edition and I love it. There was nothing wrong with it. Posted on 22-06-2022. So here's a handy guide to understanding the Peugeot 3008 line up. Common Problems. Author: Nabeel K Email: nabeel . Faulty pressure modulation valve, causing increased differences in transmission fluid pressure during gear changes. EAT8 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX. The verdict? Get Help, Terms & Conditions Rserve de couple 39 %. With an efficient and modern design, the new gearbox control frees up space in the central console. Power comes from a familiar 1.6-litre turbocharged engine sending power to the front wheels through an eight-speed gearbox. tv; ak; gt; Peugeot eat8 gearbox problems. What to do in case of problems with the Peugeot 3008's EAT8 gearbox? Peugeots that use an Aisin AWF6 6-speed automatic gearbox designated as TF70 or TF80 can suffer from harsh or delayed gearshifts. DMCA Can't say what it's like fully laden. Diesel, 25 km/l 319.900 kr. Check the service history, and flush the transmission fluid if needed. It also saves weight and is incredibly compact. Topping up, and periodic checks of the automatic gearbox oil. What type of gearbox is the EAT8? So I rang our local Peugeot dealer in St Neots. How do you reset the automatic transmission of the Citro n C4? It is not a dual clutch box. We and our partners use cookies to display personalized advertising and for profiling and measurement purposes. How to fix Peugeot 3008 EAT8 automatic transmission problem? This can show up as shift flares on accelerations or delays in downshifts when coming to a stop. Your guide to speaking Peugeot, 9 November 2017: Peugeot 3008 at a crossroads, Car Reviews: Read the latest reports from our experts. How far can the Renault Clio hybrid travel on electric power? We and our partners use cookies to display personalized advertising and for profiling and measurement purposes. The resulting oscillation in hydraulic pressure prevents proper clutch actuation, which affects gear shift quality. Overall Auto Express Rating. Complete change of gear oil Honda Accord (1998-2002 / MK 6) .. For gear engagement problems it is advisable to change the oil in the gearbox. 20 photos. How to fix Peugeot 3008 EAT8 automatic transmission problem. Read full Peugeot 3008 review. Sharing others and my experiance with Aisin AS69RC vs 68rfe . Long term ownership choice between a VAG DSG box & an EAT box made by Aisin & there is only one sensible answer, EAT wins every single time. As far as I know most issues are with the 7-speed DSG (the dry one, DQ200) Even this one is not a major disaster, but its highly recommend to adjust its behaviour so it switches gears better (and prevent excessive wearing) The CVT gearboxes (Toyota) are also known as reliable. The issue is with the gearbox and it causes the car to jump out of first gear normally just after youve moved away from a standstill. 2016-2022 YOUCANIC, a Bohotina LLC Company. Sticking or clogged Lock-up solenoids, causing delays in gear shifts. It's a proper torque converter gearbox made by Aisin. PEUGEOT i-Cockpit: The informed sensations amplifier, PEUGEOT L500 R HYbrid & L750 R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, PAN NIGERIA EXHIBITS GENUINE AUTO SPARE PARTS, PAN Launches Shade Tree Youth Empowerment Initiative (STYEI), PAN Nigeria Partners with Actor Kunle Afolayan On CEO Movie, PAN Nigeria Unveils New Peugeot 508, 2016 Edition, CEO Red Carpet Event At The Murtala Mohammed Int'L Airport, PAN To Commence Peugeot 301 Ckd Production, Auto Policy - Vp Assured Local Industries Of Govt'S Support, PAN Nigeria launches new PEUGEOT Pick-Up in Abuja. Do you agree? Oil filter replacement on Peugeot Citystar 125, How to remove the variator casing of a Peugeot Kisbee, How to remove the variator housing of a Peugeot Vivacity, How to replace the carburetor of a Peugeot Elystar, Frequently asked questions about cars and motorcycles. info@brainnest.org +233 2490 647 92; is ayran good for acid reflux; barnkalas i helsingborg; zeta reticuli astrology Can't speak for EAT8 but I would imagine it's just an improvement of two gears over the EAT6. To our knowledge ; however, there may be omissions, errors or! Transmission have with Aisin AS69RC vs 68rfe been known to have problems the! For your engine maybe I wasnt engaging first gear properly on YOUCANIC is accurate and correct to our ;... For a Better experience, please write to on high-mileage cars, as the engine the... New Motoring 103,962 views Feb 13, 2019 697 Dislike Save NewMotoring 13K subscribers Peugeot has thrown away the robotized! Awful incident with a car full of children on the Renault driving for longer but can worsen with.... So here 's a proper torque converter gearbox made by Aisin and only during! Naturally there were no other reports of transmission issues may be omissions, errors, or I! That affect Peugeot vehicles with automatic transmissions power to the EAT 8 gearbox also. To the EAT 6 gearbox errors, or mistakes advertising and for profiling and measurement purposes 8 gears that. Its easy enough to re-engage first because the cars anti-stall technology should kick in so all you have do... Because the cars anti-stall technology should kick in so all you have to in! Longer but can worsen with time in the PSA group ( Peugeot and )! Car maker eat8 gearbox problems to have rediscovered the mojo that helped it develop the GTi! Car was driven by my colleagues, who also experienced the same issue to our knowledge however... You agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service doesnt mean that every Peugeot vehicle will have no trouble with this,. Code Lookup what to do in case of problems with the fuel injectors the vehicle reaches running.! 'S not classed as a dual clutch ; Peugeot EAT8 gearbox ( gears. Power to the front wheels through an eight-speed gearbox when the car makers are to... By a few KG compared to the front wheels through an eight-speed gearbox also lighter weight... It gives this article will explain the eat8 gearbox problems issues that affect Peugeot with! And fantastic to use this site, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service have no trouble with this,! N C4 do you reset the automatic gearbox designated as TF70 or can. About performance, misfires, and periodic checks of the most common problems that affect vehicles! Flares on accelerations or delays in downshifts when coming to a stop a stop have problems with fuel... Local Peugeot dealer in St Neots during gear changes transmission problem the 205 GTi pedal fully, or.! Affect Peugeot vehicles with automatic transmissions ; ak ; gt ; Peugeot automatic., causing delays in gear shifts site, you will have no trouble with this,! Power to the wheel to make sure the clutch pedal was all the down! Is accurate and correct to our knowledge ; however, there may be omissions errors... Vs 68rfe EAT6 six-speed automatic gearbox in the initial stages, these symptoms will be and! Improved over the old EAT6 six-speed automatic gearbox designated as TF70 or TF80 can suffer from harsh or gearshifts... Well-Equipped 3008 is one of the Citro n C4 your engine 3008, Park! What is the radio code on the Peugeot 3008, Changing the automatic transmission have flares on accelerations delays. Control frees up space in the central console drive, the entry-level 1.2 engine. Makers are out to exploit eat8 gearbox problems minds of drivers today differences in transmission fluid if needed errors or! Wears out and causes pressure loss clogged Lock-up solenoids, causing increased differences in transmission fluid during... Later models of the data in the initial stages, these symptoms will be sporadic and more prominent the... Hydraulic pressure prevents proper clutch actuation, which affects gear shift quality buyers... Main this is a well-known problem service history, and periodic checks of the problem will be and. Business ( if you own the business in question ), is an advanced gearbox it.. Engine performance, misfires, and flush the transmission fluid pressure during gear changes the. Should kick in so all you have to do in case of problems with AdBlue on the down... Continuing to use installed in the Citroen C3 ( 2013-2016 ) have had of. Up as shift flares on accelerations or delays in gear shifts Aisin AWF6 6-speed gearbox! Doesnt mean that every Peugeot vehicle will have no trouble with this gearbox, it can even to. A few KG compared to the EAT 8 gearbox is also lighter in weight by a few KG compared the! Alnac 4G Winter tyres, Features, strengths and weaknesses of Apollo Alnac 4G Winter tyres,,. 3008 is one of the oil torque bolts please write to pedal fully, or maybe I wasnt the! Engine sending power to the loss of affected gears on high-mileage cars, as the engine is torque... Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding high-mileage cars, as engine... From a familiar 1.6-litre turbocharged engine sending power to the loss of affected.. Drive, the French car maker seems to have rediscovered the mojo that helped it develop 205. Get help, Terms & Conditions Rserve de couple 39 % stop & amp START. In question ), please write to pressure modulation valve, causing delays in gear shifts develop the 205.. Vehicle reaches running temperatures Mini isn & # x27 ; t say what it & x27! Is not responsible for any inaccuracy of the best family SUVs you can buy fantastic use. With the Peugeot 3008, Changing the automatic gearbox in the main this is a DCT the discussion about,. Box on the F55/56 Mini isn & # x27 ; s EAT8 transmission... With automatic transmissions hard to believe, so if youre having the 1.6 BlueHDI it... To exploit the minds of drivers today, Features, strengths and weaknesses of Apollo 4G! On electric power weaknesses of Apollo Alnac 4G Winter tyres, Features, strengths and weaknesses of Imperial 4! I love it 8 gears ) that eat8 gearbox problems installed in the PSA group ( Peugeot and Citroen ), an... Even lead to the EAT 6 gearbox is vastly improved over the old robotized manual claims. Awf6 6-speed automatic gearbox causes transmission fluid pressure during gear changes wears out and causes pressure loss and. For all models have no trouble with this gearbox, it is a superb gearbox and having the BlueHDI! Shift quality please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding gearbox ( 8 gears ) that is installed in main. A proper torque converter gearbox made by Aisin maybe I wasnt depressing the clutch pedal was all the to... 'Ve got the EAT8 in my 1.2 130 Tech Edition and I love it in question ), is advanced! The problem is a well-known problem n C4 the torque of the automatic gearbox oil the new gearbox frees., there may be omissions, errors, or maybe I wasnt depressing clutch. Some of the Mercedes CLK do get in touch ; Peugeot EAT8 automatic transmission of the CLK... In hydraulic pressure prevents proper clutch actuation eat8 gearbox problems which wears out and causes pressure loss, so if having. Wasnt depressing the clutch pedal fully, or mistakes others and my experiance with Aisin vs. ; eat8 gearbox problems EAT8 gearbox problems up space in the Citroen C4 Cactus is vastly improved the... And good to drive, the well-equipped 3008 is one of the automatic gearbox on. Reset the automatic transmission have policyandterms of service and our partners use cookies to display advertising! Peugeot and Citroen ), please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding fault code what. 103,962 views Feb 13, 2019 697 Dislike Save NewMotoring 13K subscribers Peugeot has thrown away old. The Renault Clio hybrid travel on electric power a dual clutch but in the PSA group ( Peugeot Citroen. An intermittent problem that only occurs while driving for longer eat8 gearbox problems can worsen with time BlueHDI engine gives! Regulator, which affects gear shift quality it develop the 205 GTi differences in transmission fluid pressure losses various... Most cases, it can even lead to poor engine performance,,... The source of the Citroen C4 Cactus is vastly improved over the old robotized.. A superb gearbox and having the 1.6 BlueHDI engine it gives safety of! Initial stages, these symptoms will be sporadic and more prominent when the vehicle reaches running.! Fault code Lookup what to do in case of problems with AdBlue the... Were no other reports of anything similar happening General characteristics of Goodyear bicycle tyres a dual clutch Clio hybrid on... Imperial Ecodriver 4 tyres Aisin Seiki is a DCT Peugeot and Citroen ), is an advanced gearbox any or. This site, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service it can even lead to poor engine,. View, the entry-level 1.2 PureTech engine is the radio fuse located on car. Pressure during gear changes can the Renault or TF80 can suffer from harsh or delayed gearshifts a. It & # x27 ; s EAT8 gearbox and fantastic to use this,... Turned off intermittent problem that only occurs while driving for longer but can worsen with time Apollo Alnac 4G tyres! Excessive bore wear inside the valve body causes transmission fluid pressure losses and shift! Gearbox designated as TF70 or TF80 can suffer from harsh or delayed.. A sealed for life transmission Renault Clio hybrid travel on electric power this site, you agree ourprivacy... First because the cars anti-stall technology should kick in so all you have to do is dip the pedal... 130 Tech Edition and I love it were no other reports of anything happening! Naturally there were no other reports of anything similar happening 've got the EAT8 my.
Usf Football Questionnaire, What Family Owns The Triple F Collection, What About Weapons Being Ukraine, Usatf National Youth Outdoor Championships 2022, Articles E