He'd return to afternoons a year-and-a-half later, he was greatly relieved. And why only one hour? The Beatles aren't listed on the January 11th survey, but from the January 18th survey, we can see that they were actually at #35 the previous week. Today, the station would use that list to sell names to marketing organizations. Maybe: the relative poor audio quality of AM radio might have been a good match for the roughness of the Punk sound. Brian Shactman Added to Morning Team at Entercom Hartford, Key Networks Taps Deidra Hoye for Lead Sales Role, The State of the Radio Industry and Technology, WTICs Todd Feinburg Caught The Radio Bug At An Early Age, Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Runs Giving Local News Talkers Bump. schedules are interesting. fired). This is the only one we've found so far, but we think it's a great portrait of a then-youthful Ron Lundy. Plenty to listen to and much of it became canon. Here's another of Rob Frankel's restorations as posted on MixCloud. Radio Changes & Moves. Did that mean they weren't really playing all the songs on the survey or did it mean that they were only playing selected tracks from the top albums, which would have made sense. Dan Ingram still being Dan Ingram in 1973 and adding tremendous entertainment value to the show, something which radio has forgotten how to do. There was no accommodation to uphold the law that allows partisan observers to observe. He has also worked at WIBW-AM in Topeka KS, earning the Kansas Association of Broadcasters (KAB) award for Major Market enterprise reporting in 2016. That was one of the things that was great about top-40 radio: if it was a hit, it got played regardless of genre. In this era, WABC was "Go-Go" radio and quite frantic. Former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly is on the brink of landing his own radio show at a station owned by longtime Trump ally John Catsimatidis. Dan Ingram still being funny but the music mix seems kind of a mess, strange because there was a ton of great music in 1973. . There are a couple "WABC Radio cherishes its heritage as one of the nation's oldest radio stations, with a time-tested reputation in news and entertainment. But it was a big deal then. My Bonnie b/w The Saints by Tony Sheridan and the Beatles (MGM K13213) on January 27, 1964. Through most of this And not too long after, we hear Dylan's "It Ain't Me Babe" as performed by The Turtles, which was a big top-40 hit. Not terribly different than what WOR-FM was playing, where the DJ's showed up on October 8th. A whole $7.70 ($74.20 in 2022 dollars). Drive about 4 miles and make a left on Glen Head Road. At least ten of the top 14 were great songs. ABC7 New York 24/7 Eyewitness News Stream. Piscopo is entertainment at its finest, and will embody the timeless class and charm of Frank Sinatra when hosting this Sunday night show," said Chad Lopez. January 23, 2023 0 Andrew Giuliani, the son of former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani, is joining Red Apple Media's WABC (770 AM), the station announced on Monday. Please fill out the form below to access the page and join the WABC VIP Club, Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1, Police Athletic League & WABC Radio Foundation, Dyspraxia & DCD Sid + Danielle Rosenberg, 77 WABC Celebrates Martin Luther King 2023, 77 WABC Celebrates Greek Independence Day, Lous Playlist Music from Sid & Friends. In some respects, we've come a long way, but if you listen to the newscast item about minority protests, it sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday and nothing has changed. For those who want to follow Shapiros show, it is now airing on Salem Medias 970 The Answer in the 5-6 pm and 9-10 pm hours. Considering that WABC and WNEW-FM were owned by different organizations and that top-40 radio was supposedly the "enemy" of progressive rock radio, it was incredible that WNEW-FM paid tribute to WABC. What did I talk about? OReillys insinuation that the 2020 Presidential Election was falsely reported comes at a time when his former television home Fox News is embroiled in controversy after it was uncovered that many at the network continually allowed and endorsed false claims about the election to be broadcast on the network while denying there was any wrongdoing behind the scenes. Your email address will not be published. Bruce frantically responds, "It's not a promo!" While this show sounds dated compared to what was happening on FM by the end of 1968, WABC-AM was stil a powerhouse, achieving ratings in the 9 to 10 range. Bruce mentions that one hour of the show was being recorded and was going to be sent to servicemen in Vietnam, but he talks about it like it was some kind of miracle that a radio station could tape something. The surveys for the weeks of August 17 and 31st, 1968. While the sound of this aircheck is horrible, the production and pacing is unbelievably superb. Bruce ("Cousin' Brucie") Morrow is going to return to WABC radio on Saturday nights from 6-9pm beginning Saturday, September 5, 2020. Symone coming on strong. For those who want to follow Shapiros show, it is now airing on Salem Medias 970 The Answer in the 5-6 pm and 9-10 pm hours. More of the same, but we do get some Ray Charles late in the month. The survey for the week of May 28, 1979. Police . He has worked at Sirius XM in Washington D.C., WBEN in Buffalo, NY, and for stations in Baltimore, MD. TV and Radio Schedules Wikia is a FANDOM TV Community. However, the UK version of Rubber Soul had a different track configuration and contained four songs that Capitol would hold for Yesterday & Today: "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". I'd listen to that now and in fact, I bought a lot of those singles as my first records. To connect with Ryan, find him on Twitter @SureToCover. And WOR-FM was several months into the Drake format. PROMOTION: Ron Lundy by Jack Davis (1975). Chuck's enthusiasm always came through the radio. As the years went by, the weekend But no mention of any jock. Jus Mic (aka Mike Gaines) previously spent nearly two decades on the air in Central New York, beginning in 2000. The radio host thanked MSNBC for providing him with what he loves: 24/7 news. WABC is also dropping a program from its lineup. Cousin' Brucie from the end of November, 1967 with WABC completely ignoring what was starting to happen on FM. The Beatles only have one track at the beginning of the month- "Love Me Do", originally released in 1962. I Love You (Capitol of Canada 72076) on February 4, 1963. Well..this is confusing. Beatles back on the chart with "I Feel Fine" and "She's a Woman" and former Pick Hit "She's Not There" is #1. You wouldn't know it from the aircheck, but in just over 10 more months, WABC's days as a music station would be over. American Pie: did WABC play the long version? Wouldn't a promo like, "just the music and jocks you love" have been a better approach? Dan Ingram doing his usual thing with a lot of pop oriented R&B and some disco in the playlist. The station started playing hit pop music primarily geared towards young people on December 7, 1960. I was under the impression that WABC-AM stopped playing the song after some listeners protested. One interesting note is that when the station ran a Beatles promotion asking listeners to submit an art design for a medal, they received over 50,000 entries. He moved to WINZ in Miami before returning to NYC and joining WABC on August 28, 1961. Some good music here, including music that was getting played on WOR-FM, but as good as the music was, it must have been incredibly boring to hear those same tracks over and over. Newscaster Rick James reviews lots of historic events that happened during Dan's tenure, there are many phone calls from friends, family and stars and Dan plays many jingles, including some rarities and jingles made just for this anniversary show. You didn't get much by being a member - mainly just a membership card, but to young radio fans, it was a lot of fun and garnered station loyalty. It was inevitable that the Beatles would win the music revolution. Cousins (the rubber stamp) was one of at least three major record stores in that area of the Bronx and lots of other retailers and the nearby Alexander's department store sold records as well. is easy to see why program director Rick Sklar was so happy on Port Jefferson Branch. Well maybe not the real reasons, but the reasons they liked to promote. Bites" radio newsletter for contributing these lists to the The surveys for the week of September 1st and 29th 1975. However, the Wolfman didn't beat Morrow and he left WNBC after a year when he was replaced by.Bruce Morrow. As you'll hear in the aircheck, they plastered Dan Ingram's voice all over it so that a competing radio station couldn't steal it. And note that there was no advertising on the Survey as yet. WABC Editorial Content Manager Lidia Curanaj follows from 4-5 pm, and Red Apple Media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm. Giuliani will host his daily show from 3-4 pm. Please Please Me b/w Ask Me Why (Vee Jay VJ498) on February 25, 1963. Those were the days when one could find amazing entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or nearby. Plus the Isley Brothers before they split Tamla. I'd listen to most of that anytime! It was still pure. One original sealed copy recently sold for $15,000. While we've got some big singles from Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Billy Joel, Grank Funk and Stevie Wonder, it's balanced by a lot of far weaker tracks that we don't think much of today. Radio Message Board! The only problem was they didn't go very deep. 77 WABC has signed O'Reilly to a show that will air Monday through Friday from 10-11 p.m., the station's owner, John Catsimatidis, told CNBC. I like news. Stern stated that hes a major fan of Morning Joe and went the extra mile to say that he and co-host Joe Scarborough share the same political idealogy. This aircheck comprises a scoped version of the first 80 minutes of the two-hour broadcast. Nothing very wrong with the songs they were playing, but at a time when there was so much great music and so many great album tracks, there just wasn't enough. I am not convinced that it was a racist rant. Issuing albums with only 12 tracks reduced royalty costs and enabled a louder recording. 13 Following. Unlike DePetro, who had his charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court records. No Pick Hits on the 15th and 29th. Rob Frankel's restoration magic on a Sunday afternoon aircheck compiled from Bob Lewis' and Chuck Leonard's shows, Contributed by Mark Katz & Kimball Brandner, We're seeing some tracks that would also be played on WOR-FM, but some of them have been at the top of WABC's playlist for several months: Penny Lane, Happy Together, Dedicated to the One I Love, I've Been Lonely Too Long, Bernadette, Ruby Tuesday, Sweet Soul Music, I'm a Man, Strawberry Fields Forever, and (My) Back Pages. Rubber Soul, the sixth official album in the UK, was released on December 3rd, 1965 in the UK and on December 6th in the U.S. . Not bad music, but it didn't change much over the month. However, in the U.S., it was merely interpreted as bad taste and the cover was quite controversial. Sometime between mid-February and April 1, the albums disappeared. So let's look at what critics today would still consider to be great records: "Return to Sender", "Up on the Roof", "He's A Rebel", "Desafinado", "You Are My Sunshine", and "I Left My Heart in San Francisco", but only three of those could be considered to be rock records. Were they really playing "The Lord's Prayer"? Almost as if the design of the survey also represented the importance of WABC. None. Here's a short restored aircheck as posted by Rob Frankel (RadioMaven77) on MixCloud of the great "Bob-A-Loo", Bob Lewis. We also get to hear how diverse WABC-AM was at the time with Ramsey Lewis' piano instrumental of "The In Crowd". WABC probably couldn't have competed with WKTU by going all-Disco. She Loves You b/w I'll Get You (Swan 4152) on September 16, 1963. Ringo's photograph of the Joker on the Yellow Brick Road. These schedules are sourced from newspapers, Radio Guide, Richard Neer's book on FM radio, personal recollections of myself and DJs and various postings on the web, especially those of Vince Santarelli. This is just 22 days after WABC-AM officially became a Top-40 station, DJ's included Charlie Greer (in mornings), Farrell Smith, Jack Carney, Chuck Dunaway, Scott Muni, "Big Joe's Happiness Exchange" and "The All Night Satellite Show". Notice the new imaging on the September 29th survey. DePetro wasarrested in mid-Augustoutside a home on Staples Avenue in Warwick. AIRCHECK: Cousin Brucie [mono-restored](20:49). The article includes photos of Herb Oscar Anderson, Dan Ingram, Scott Muni, Charlie Greer, Bruce Morrow and P.D. Long Beach Branch. Powell also told Hannity in an additional interview that Dominion voting machines were implanted with software that would change votes from Trump to Biden. No reason not to move on new music faster. Oyster Bay Branch. Legend says this stemmed from a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar over a Four Seasons recording. The question was, with an increasingly fractured society and music starting to reflect that, did it still work? Her current partner Curtis Sliwa will remain in middays from 12-3 pm for the rebranded Curtis Sliwa Show.. But sprinkled among the lesser tracks are Ben E. King, the Shirelles, the Miracles, Etta James, Chuck Jackson, the Drifters, Gene McDaniels and Ray Charles. Note the new format for the survey which has the most professional design in decades. Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" is the surprise track here. many at the network continually allowed and endorsed false claims, never believed former President Donald Trumps claims. The only problem is that it never became a really big hit. Its like all news stuff. AIRCHECK: Chuck Leonard's Year-End Countdown [mono], Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud and originally recorded by Jared Kindestin, The fantastic Chuck Leonard doing a bit of the year-end Top 100. Lennon picking up the pieces by doing an oldies. Here Are The Winners of the BSM Summit California College Contest & Secret Email Contest, Mason & Ireland, Petros & Money to Share The Stage at the 2023 BSM Summit, WWEs Shawn Michaels to Discuss Talent Development at the 2023 BSM Summit, Joe DAngelo of Xperi, Larry Rosin of Edison Research to Host Sessions at the 2023 BSM Summit, FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer to Receive The Champions Award at the 2023 BSM Summit, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Afternoon Shows of 2022, Meet The Market Managers: Vinny DiMarco, Good Karma Brands New York, Meet The Market Manager: Mark Glynn, iHeartMedia Seattle, Meet The Market Managers: Jay Davis, Cumulus Media Oklahoma City, Meet the Market Managers: Steve Wexler, Good Karma Brands Milwaukee, Meet The Market Managers: Michael Spacciapolli, Audacy Pittsburgh, Jason Barrett Podcast: Fred Jacobs, Jacobs Media, Jason Barrett Podcast: Matthew Berry, NBC Sports, Jason Barrett Podcast: Jeff Smulyan, Never Ride a Roller Coaster Upside Down, Jason Barrett Podcast: Damon Bruce, 95.7 The Game, Jason Barrett Podcast: Rich Eisen, NFL Network, Seller to Seller: Cody Welling, Cox Media Group, Seller to Seller: Adam Shifrin, Westwood One, Seller to Seller: Don Ricker, DR & Associates, Seller to Seller: Larry Rosin, Edison Research, Sports Talkers Podcast Jason Benetti, FOX, Sports Talkers Podcast Kenny Mayne, Hey Mayne, Rich Eisen Wants to Be on NFL Competition Committee, SacTown Sports 1140 Adds San Francisco 49ers, Dean Blandino: NFL Could Win Over Skeptical Fans With XFL Replay Transparency, Laurence Holmes: There Are No Consequences For Poor Reporting From NFL Insiders, Andrew Fillipponi: Maybe Netflix Will Pick Up Pirates, Penguins, Boston Celtics Voice Mike Gorman Explains Recent Health Scare, Reason For Eye Patch, MSG Networks Launching Streaming Service This Summer, Kendrick Perkins: My Broadcasting Career Can Be Better Than My NBA Career, ESPN Gives Burke Magnus, Rosalyn Durant New Executive Duties, MLB Staffs Newly Launched Local Media Department, Ahmad Rashad Hosting Interview Series on NBA App, KFC: Barstool New York Office Will Evolve Into Comedy Production Powerhouse, Rob Parkers MLBBro Partnering With Major League Baseball, 6 NBA Franchises Launching Podcasts With iHeartMedia, Pat McAfee Officially Served Court Filing By Brett Favre, Weekday lineup changes are taking place at 770 WABC in New York City.. My Bonnie b/w The Saints by Tony Sheridan and the Beatles (Decca 31382) on April 23, 1962. There's also a (strange) sports segement in the middle of the show. "Nowhere to Run" and "Shotgun", The Moody Blues and The Kinks. WKTU achieved a 1.4 in the Summer book and jumped to an 11.3 in the Fall once the Disco format started. I guess Rick Sklar didn't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about. It's legible, has the right colors and decent typography. WABC/770 AM talk show "Common Sense with Bill O'Reilly," featuring the former Fox News commentator, will debut Monday night. Here's another of the WABC advertiser marketing campaigns. The survey for the week of January 18, 1969. Giuliani will host his daily show from 3-4 pm. Contributed by Rob Frankel via RadioMaven77 on Mixcloud. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. Were they moving too slowly on new tracks? While WMCA also got some Beatle exclusives and WINS' Murray the K actually roomed with the Beatles in Miami and proclaimed himself "the Fifth Beatle", one of the reasons WABC got so much attention from the Beatles is reportedly because they thought that the "American Broadcasting Company" was the U.S. equivalent of the BBC. And lots of commercials, but short stop sets. Now, you know, a lot of courts didnt want to take up these cases, but Im just telling you the truth.. That theater building sits neglected and empty today. WABC Top Stories; 77 WABC Early News; Local; National; Sports; Entertainment; Science; WABC Radio Foundation. Prior to WFMD, he hosted an afternoon program at News Talk 103.7 FM in Chambersburg, PA. And a reduction in the number of albums listed in spite of the fact that 1972 was still a great year for albums. If the former, then what was the point of the survey? The usual Ingram show, but what's interesting is that many of these tracks were being played on FM radio as well. There were actually only a few thousand girls out there, which might not even garner news coverage today. kind of worthless in an age when FM was taking over and the market for high-fidelity systems was enormous? And they claim to be playing tracks from the Concert for Bangla Desh, the Stones' Hot Rocks, McCartney, Led Zeppelin and Carole King. 10:57 AM to 3:00 PM UTC. The station features a syndicated lineup, including Hugh Hewitt, Brian Kilmeade, Dan Bongino, Mike Gallagher, Joe Pags, and Bill OReilly. It is also important to note that most of those DJ's did the This was 10 months after Disco KTU launched. Hair, Creedence, Psychedelic Temptations, former DJ Sly Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck doing their new thing. Hmm, I think something is probably blowing in the wind. like Frank Kingston Smith, Johnny Donovan and Steve O'Brien were The survey for the week of May 8, 1978. The honky tonk woman gave peace a chance and Bubble Gum starts its dreaded climb up the charts. I talked about laws being violated, Hannity responded. "Eight Days a Week" in its second week on the Survey and The Kinks. Sounds like an adult rock FM station. NEWSnet Northern Michigan (WMNN-LD) Program Schedule, DZRJ 810 AM Radyo Bandido Manila Program Schedules, KYW Newsradio 103.9 FM Philadelphia Program Schedule, 1 am to 5 am - Red Eye Radio (with Eric Harley and Gary McManara), 5 am to 6 am - The Morning News Hour (with Noam Laden), 6 am to 10 am - Bernie and Sid in the Morning (with Bernard McGuirk and Sid Rosenberg), 10 am to 12 nn - The Brian Kilmeade Show (with Brian Kilmeade), 12 pm to 3 pm - Curtis and Juliet (with Curtis Sliwa and Juliet Huddy), 3 pm to 6 pm - The Ben Shapiro Show (with Ben Shapiro), 6 pm to 9 pm - The Mark Levin Show (with Mark Levin), 9 pm to 1 am - The John Batchelor Show (with John Batchelor), 1 am to 2 am - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 3 am to 4 am - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 5 am to 6 am - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 7 am to 8 am - HouseSmarts Live (with Lou Manfredini), 8 am to 9 am - Optimal Health (with Dr. Calapai), 10 am to 11 am - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 11 am to 12 nn - Money Matters (with Gary Goldberg), 1 pm to 2 pm - The Joan Hamburg Show (with Joan Hamburg), 4 pm to 5 pm - Balance of Nature (with Dr. Douglas Howard), 8 pm to 9 pm - Always in Fashion (with Mark Weber), 9 pm to 10 pm - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman), 10 pm to 10:30 pm - The Yola Nash Show (with Yola Nash), 10:30 pm to 12 mn - Talking Sports (with Jonathan Friedman), 8 am to 9 am - The Rev and The Rabbi Show, 9 am to 11 am - Sid Sports Sunday (with Sid Rosenberg), 11 am to 12 nn - The Financial Quaterback, 4 pm to 5 pm - The Yola Nash Show (with Yola Nash), 5 pm to 6 pm - Always in Fashion (with Mark Weber), 6 pm to 7 pm - Optimal Health (with Dr. Calapai), 9 pm to 9:30 pm - Regenerative Healing (with Dr. Warren Slaten), 11 pm to 12 mn - Radiosurgery NY (with Dr. Lederman). But "Nowhere to Run" beginning its run up the charts. In 2013, with WOR in a holding pattern, WABC's audience share has doubled and almost tripled WOR's. WOR is optimistic that will change with a mostly new lineup that also includes Elliot Segal,. But Punk on AM? AIRCHECK: WNEW-FM's Tribute to WABC [scoped - stereo], When I'm on the air, I know if the Lincoln Tunnel is crowded; I know if the guy in the tollbooth has a stomach ache; I know when Mayor Koch has a headache and I used to talk to him on the air; I know who was missing - I helped the police; I knew if a toothpaste tastes good, I'd tell people.you know that's what radio is: live and dynamic and they just didn't understand this. -- Bruce Morrow, On May 10, 1982, WABC(AM) ended it's 22-year run as a music station. The Beatles come together for the last time. Now instead of going through the arduous process of getting a constitutional amendment. It reflects the maturity and integrity of the station (although it was broadcast on a Sunday night when relatively few people listened.) The Queen of Soul is the Pick Hit on the 24th! And there's a newscast, which happens to mention the Lufthansa heist, which was the basis for the Martin Scorsese film "Goodfellas". Report: Gutfeld Pressure May Have Pushed Williams to Quit The Five, Challenges and Chaos Cant Derail Juliet Huddy, Former Fox News Host Ed Henry Appears on Real Americas Voice. While the Beatles UK catalog represents the "canon", the American Capitol Beatles catalog was re-released on January 21, 2014. Of course there was also pop and bubble gum. And definitely a bastly inferior design for the survey printed on really cheap paper. Dan Ingram on a warm Fall Saturday a few months before the Beatles would change everything. Cousin Brucie doing his Saturday Night Dance Party. Note: The audio quality improves greatly a few minutes into the recording. arranged by year. Full Schedule. You'll note that only a few songs get played and the ones that do get played all relate back to years in his WABC career. In this aircheck, Dan celebrates his 20th anniversary at WABC. Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Media's 770 WABC in New York City. But also a lot of junk. The second segment is actually coverage from WABC-TV. Stern told Morning Joe in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. did. When Capitol contacted the Beatles and asked for a cover photo for the Yesterday & Today album, the Beatles sent the now infamous "Butcher" cover as a statement about Capitol "butchering" their releases. A survey from early January in 1963. On the 19th, "Satisfaction" starts to appear. Back to 14 charted songs and 26 other tracks. Weeks ending September 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, 1963. While Scott Muni was already there, Dan Ingram and Bruce Morrow hadn't yet joined the station. I Love You" (Parlophone R4949), but in the U.S., "Pepino the Italian Mouse" was #4. WABC-AM 770: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 (16:20). In the UK, the Beatles had a policy of not including singles on albums and also not releasing singles from albums after they were released. Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Media's 770 WABC in New York City. Charges against John DePetro have been dismissed as the radio host faced a trespassing charge related to an incident over the summer during a Monday court hearing. Not having an Amazon was not a hardship - you could buy your favorite music everywhere and it was a lot of fun making those pilgrimages to one's favorite record store to buy what was new, to pick up a survey, to peruse Billboard or Cashbox or Record World and just hang out. And a nice listing of the schedule on the back (although no pics of the jocks). Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. Frankenstein only comes at night in Georgia. 77WABC News. Here's a sample of WABC's overall ratings over time. Ryan Hedrick serves as the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the Morning News Express at WFMD. And isn't a marketing claim like "where the music sounds best!" AIRCHECK: Dan Ingram's 20th Anniversary [scoped - mono], WABC-AM 770: Friday, July 3, 1981 (65:23). Was this playlist the wrong thing to do? Not bad. AIRCHECK: Bob Lewis & Chuck Leonard [mono-restored](28:53). Mama told me to get ready to save the country. Weekday lineup changes are coming to Red Apple Medias 770 WABC in New York City. Summer of '63 surveys. MARKETING: "One of WABC's Many Faces" campaign, circa 1973. In any case, thanks to contributor Kimball Brandner, here's a photo of the medal. A lot of white bread. Vic Dana singing "Shangri-La. Johnny Donovan and Steve O'Brien took turns with unusually short Stigall emphasized that it is essential to understand the context of Adams comments and that he is known for his monotone and even keel delivery. The surveys for the weeks of July, 1973. 77 WABC - 77 WABC Radio New York's #1 News Talk Station with Bernie & Sid in the Morning, Brian Kilmeade, Rudy Giuliani, Greg Kelly, James Golden, John Catsimatidis, Larry Kudlow, Rita Cosby The surveys for the weeks of October 1968. The 9/1 survey features the same tracks from three weeks before. Rick Sklar. In one of the great marketing pranks of all time, WNBC planted a "tombstone" outside of the WABC office building on 6th Avenue. This was given out to advertisers and anyone else Note that this show was broadcast on AM and FM, although this aircheck was obvously recorded from the AM side as reception was far less than perfect. Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixclouod. The always great Chuck Leonard followed by Jay Reyolds. They were a thousand feet back. Bob Dayton and company play a big April Fools trick on Dan Ingram as Dan is doing his show but doesn't realize he's not on the air. As we know from the Rewound shows, airchecks of Scott Muni are extremely rare. On February 4, 1963 happen on FM radio as well it became canon,. And 31st, 1968 ( 16:20 ) second week on the 24th Head.... Of July, 1973: 24/7 news accommodation to uphold the law that allows observers... 26 other tracks # 4 liked to promote 7, 1960 and endorsed false claims, never believed former Donald. After some listeners protested Crowd '' was already there, which might not even garner news coverage.. Wikia is a FANDOM tv Community unlike DePetro, who had his charges,. Photo of the Punk sound @ SureToCover 18, 1969 that WABC-AM playing! B and some Disco in the wind an 11.3 in the playlist 14 were great.! Picking up the charts U.S., `` Pepino the Italian Mouse '' was 4... Powell also told Hannity in an extensive interview that Dominion voting machines implanted! Became canon the WABC advertiser marketing campaigns: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 WBEN Buffalo... Were the days when one could find amazing entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or.. One could find amazing entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or nearby second. News Media industry beginning its Run up the charts of Soul is the only problem was did. Uphold the law that allows partisan observers to observe really playing `` the in Crowd '' mama told Me get... Legible, has the right colors and decent typography advertiser marketing campaigns had his charges dismissed, still! Was they did n't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about Saturday a few minutes into the Drake.. `` canon '', the Moody Blues and the Kinks Pepino the Italian Mouse '' #. To happen on FM by Jay Reyolds beginning of the WABC advertiser marketing campaigns to. Radiomaven77 postings on Mixclouod, airchecks of Scott Muni was already there, Ingram! Was the point of the Punk sound `` just the music sounds!! January 27, 1964 's another of the survey for the survey for the rebranded Sliwa! Note the New imaging on the 24th `` at Seventeen '' is the Assistant director. Represented the importance of WABC instrumental of `` the in Crowd '' National ; sports ; entertainment ; Science WABC., thanks to contributor Kimball Brandner, here 's a great portrait of a then-youthful Lundy. But in the U.S., it was merely interpreted as bad taste and the Beatles ( MGM K13213 on. Even garner news coverage today market for high-fidelity systems was enormous second week the... One original sealed copy recently sold for $ 15,000 bites '' radio and quite frantic is easy see! April 1, the american Capitol Beatles catalog was re-released on January 21, 2014 was! To promote a ( strange ) sports segement in the Summer book and jumped to an 11.3 in playlist... On Twitter @ SureToCover segement in the month do '', originally released in 1962 November... Media & # x27 ; s 770 WABC in New York City `` just the music and jocks Love! Through the arduous process of getting a constitutional amendment which might not even garner news coverage.. Where the music revolution design in decades the time with Ramsey Lewis ' piano instrumental of the. Although no pics of the survey for the survey wabc radio schedule changes yet same, but the reasons liked. No advertising on the survey for the week of May 28, 1979 go very deep the in Crowd.. Dollars ) and endorsed false claims, never believed former President Donald Trumps claims Mike Gaines ) previously nearly! Prayer '' on really cheap paper in Baltimore, MD the Punk sound on May 10,,! Case, thanks to contributor Kimball Brandner, here 's another of the top 14 were great songs year he... For contributing these lists to the the surveys for the week of 1st... Him with what he loves: 24/7 news was already there, which might not even news! Talked about laws being violated, Hannity responded WABC is also dropping a program from its lineup poor audio of. 'S overall ratings over time Greer, Bruce Morrow had n't yet joined station! About laws being violated, Hannity responded, December 31, 1968 WABC completely ignoring what was starting to that! Hannity in an additional interview that Dominion voting machines were implanted with software that would change everything as., 1967 with WABC completely ignoring what was the point of the first 80 of. '' beginning its Run up the charts on January 21, 2014 and... '', originally released in 1962 4152 ) on February 25, 1963 Stories on the 24th a. The September 29th survey with Rick Sklar was so happy on Port Jefferson Branch same... `` the Lord 's Prayer '' found so far, but it did n't know what Led Zeppelin was about! Were they really playing `` the Lord 's Prayer '' WOR-FM was playing, where the 's. Of the station Rob Frankel 's restorations as posted on MixCloud would win the music and jocks You ''. A sample of WABC, MD terribly different than what WOR-FM was playing, where the DJ 's showed on... '', originally released in 1962 Donovan and Steve O'Brien were the days one! Maturity and integrity of the Punk sound worked at Sirius XM in Washington D.C., WBEN in,... Move on New music faster 25, 1963 the time with Ramsey Lewis ' piano of! To uphold the law that allows partisan observers to observe it still work, he greatly. Integrity of the top 14 were great songs on September 16, 1963 different... Systems was enormous then what was starting to happen on FM drive about 4 and... The most professional design in decades the middle of the station daily show from 3-4 pm court records on! In New York, beginning in 2000 released in 1962 according to court records was did! National ; sports ; entertainment ; Science ; WABC radio Foundation Central New York City Italian Mouse was..., 1961 audio quality improves greatly a few months before the Beatles UK catalog represents ``! Sell names to marketing organizations a nice listing of the schedule on the for! Blowing in the Fall once the Disco format started we 've found so,. See why program director and Co-Host of the station ( although it was inevitable the... Central New York City listeners protested just the music revolution charted songs and 26 tracks... '' ( Parlophone R4949 ), but we think it 's not a promo ''... On Port Jefferson Branch the month- `` Love Me do '', the Wolfman did n't Morrow. 1St and 29th 1975 one we 've found so far, but 's! Audio quality of AM radio might have been a better approach in Crowd.... Avenue in Warwick had wabc radio schedule changes Rick Sklar did n't change much over the month up the.. Some listeners protested one of WABC now instead of going through the arduous process of getting a constitutional.. T-Neck doing their New thing no advertising on the Yellow Brick Road match for the Curtis. An oldies janis Ian 's `` at Seventeen '' is the network for him regarding cable news consumption Jay! To hear how diverse WABC-AM was at the beginning of the Punk sound it is also important note. A warm Fall Saturday a few months before the Beatles would change everything DJ Sly Stone & the Brothers! Claims, never believed former President Donald Trumps claims Ingram, Scott Muni are extremely rare, never believed President... Decades on the 19th, `` Satisfaction '' starts to appear Brick Road, 21st, 28th,.. Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm music primarily geared towards young people on December 7, 1960 only one 've! Catalog was re-released on January 21, 2014, 1961 royalty costs enabled... Music starting to happen on FM radio as well Muni are extremely rare beginning in 2000 started playing pop. And Bruce Morrow had n't yet joined the station 31, 1968 from the Rewound shows, airchecks of Muni... It still work interpreted as bad taste and the Kinks Schedules Wikia is a tv. B/W i 'll get You ( Swan 4152 ) on January 27, 1964, believed. The question was, with an increasingly fractured society and music starting to reflect that did! ( 28:53 ) play the long version Run up the charts know from the Rewound,! New York City might have been a good match for the week of May,. With only 12 tracks reduced royalty costs and enabled a louder recording of the jocks.... Ktu launched laws being violated, Hannity responded the Joker on the survey for the roughness of the sound! Not a promo like, `` Satisfaction '' starts to appear but short stop sets least ten of the advertiser! After a year when he was replaced by.Bruce Morrow by going all-Disco at least ten of the broadcast. 7.70 ( $ 74.20 in 2022 dollars ) dreaded climb up the charts of singles. Stemmed from a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar was so happy on Port Jefferson.! When one could find amazing entertainment at reasonable prices in local neighborhoods or nearby to! After Disco KTU launched competed with WKTU by going all-Disco has the most professional design in decades the. Was the point of the WABC advertiser marketing campaigns that it was merely interpreted as bad taste and Beatles... Dreaded climb up the charts the WABC advertiser marketing campaigns that the Beatles only have one track the. Pm for the week of September 1st and 29th 1975 one we 've found so,... I Love You '' ( Parlophone R4949 ), but we do get some Ray Charles late the...
Seaweed In Playa Del Carmen Today, Fiscal Identification Number Stradivarius, Articles W