With some other volunteer medics, I was evacuated to a concrete underground room to sit through what sounded like the coming apocalypse. One day we would receive patients who had all been shot in the left groin area; on other days six or seven would arrive shot in the right groin. what does panic stand for in electrolysis; aquarius man leo woman pros and cons; lead singer iron butterfly televangelist; where can i pay my alabama power bill The Foundation supports surgeons in developing their operating skills in conflict zones and austere environments and a dedicated teaching faculty have now trained over 1,000 doctors through the Foundation's bespoke 5-day Hostile Environment Surgical Training (HEST) course. David Nott, probably the world's most experienced war surgeon, has grown used to loss. He became an air transport pilot and flew for Hamlin Jet in Luton, as a side job, for about ten years. The morning after I returned to London from Syria I took Elly to St Andrews for that unforgettable night-time swim. This little girl was dying, and needed to go to theatre immediately. I couldnt leave this little girl to die on her own. On that first day, all 11 patients who had been shot survived but only after a solid 18-hour shift at the end of which I fell on to my bed absolutely exhausted. It stems partly from the desire to use my knowledge as a surgeon to help people who are experiencing the worst that humanity can throw at them, and partly from the thrill of just being in those terrible places, of living in a liminal zone where most people have neither been nor want to go: Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Chad, Liberia, Iraq, Libya, Haiti, Gaza and Syria, to mention a few. I yelled at one patient, then had to pretend it was my sciatica playing up so she would leave. Suddenly, the door of the operating theatre flew open. I decided to email her. I am not sure where the information had come from but I was told that it was a credible source and thats why everybody had panicked and left. We will have a varied and interesting scientific programme, delivered to you in the state of the art Club Med conference centre. It was as if Elly had rewired my brain; that I had known her all my life. David Nott Foundation 1 Lyric Square London W6 0NB. I wouldnt want our daughters to miss real love in search of a romantic mirage; I am glad I didnt either. Following a colossal bang, a family of seven children came in with their dead mother. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. I was disillusioned, bereft even. The mission had taken me apart. I felt detached from the world and became increasingly irrational, flying into rages. Popularly known as the Surgeon of United Kingdom. Afterwards, I found myself feeling confused and lost. This went on for days, and I almost lost her. Fatherhood has made me even more emotionally connected to the children I see on missions. Registration forVal dIsere 2017 will open in in September. The planes I heard flying overhead were not about to fire rockets at me, but simply commercial airliners on their final approach to Heathrow. This course runs twice a year and we have at least 12 surgical scholars . [28], In 2016 Nott was a guest on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs: his music choices included "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones' and "Fix You" by Coldplay, his favourite being "Good Golly, Miss Molly" by Little Richard. Since 2015, the foundation has disseminated the knowledge he has gained, training other doctors in the art of saving lives. I wanted to be immersed in what was going on. More shells landed, the pounding getting closer and closer. Watch this space. But I think the main difference was Elly. Rating details. In 2016 Nott was a guest on BBC Radio 4s Desert Island Discs: his music choices included Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones and Fix You by Coldplay, his favourite being Good Golly, Miss Molly by Little Richard. So I closed my eyes and lay there, in despair for myself and for this poor, benighted country. I was no longer sure who I was myself. It was like something out of a Mad Max movie. Wherever you go, I will go too, she replied. Nott was born in Carmarthen in 1956 and lived with his grandparents at Trelech, near Carmarthen, until the age of four. I suppose she was expecting me to say, From Hammersmith, or something like that, but I told her I had recently returned from Aleppo. I was certain bodies must still be inside the wreckage of the vehicles. Having recognised that training others could greatly increase his capacity to help, Nott established the David Nott Foundation, along with his wife Elly, to organise training in emergency surgery for others working in war and . Source: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/courtsocial/article4395347.ece. [5][8] His father encouraged Nott to follow him into a medical career,[8][9] and also inspired his son's later war work by taking him to see the 1984 film The Killing Fields. A surgeon who has operated on people in war zones across the world has been awarded an honorary degree. I tried to speak, but nothing would come out of my mouth. Another surgeon told me that hed heard that the snipers were playing a game: they were being given rewards, such as packs of cigarettes, for scoring hits on specific parts of the anatomy. The fighting lasted an hour, with the Free Syrian Army (FSA) firing from positions all around us. I was sitting on the Queens left and she turned to me as dessert arrived. A powerful and intensely moving memoir by an NHS surgeon who volunteered in war zones, operating under the most extreme circumstances.'Brave, compassionate and inspiring - it left me in floods of tears' - Adam Kay, author of This Is Going to HurtFor more than twenty-five years, David Nott has taken unpaid leave from his job as a general and vascular surgeon with the NHS to volunteer in . For more than twenty-five years, surgeon David Nott has volunteered in some of the world's most perilous conflict zones. I felt detached from the world around me. first pride plant based; how to remove fan oscillation knob without screw; john wesley dean iv; grants for youth baseball organizations; minecraft dungeons return . Pre-order at, King Charles hosts von der Leyen at Windsor Castle, Moment notorious prisoner Charles Bronson dances naked outside cell, Gabor Mat: No Jewish state without oppressing local population, Amplified jet stream could lead to 'disruptive snow in places', Isabel Oakeshott receives 'menacing' message from Matt Hancock, Dashcam captures moment two cars collide on a roundabout, Putin spy plane before being 'destroyed by pro-Ukraine Belarus group', Police search allotment sheds for Constance Marten's missing baby, Huge urgent police search for missing baby of Constance Marten, Student-athlete tells police her coach said 'kill yourself', Moment teenager crashes into back of lorry after 100mph police race, Putin orders intelligence service to find 'scum' who oppose him. From babies to pensioners, no one was immune. We waded forward blindly until we felt the water lapping at our thighs and then plunged in. One night, I was woken at 1am when my bed bounced off the floor following an enormous explosion near our safe house. David Nott with his wife Elly. We decided to wake her up. I had no family, my parents had both died several years before, and I had no other ties, no girlfriend. [19], These courses are also delivered on the front line, where doctors are unable to leave their posts, and have already been held in Yemen, Libya and Iraq, among others. I realised I never felt so alive as I did on a mission, or so fulfilled in my job at home as I was abroad. David Malcolm Nott (born 1956) is a Welsh consultant surgeon who works mainly in London hospitals as a general and vascular surgeon, but also volunteers to work in disaster and war zones and also organises training for others in this emergency work. Home for me at that time was fairly spartan a small flat overlooking the Thames. Lots of things went through my mind. Ammar piped up in his strongest Syrian accent to say that we were all surgeons simply trying to save the mans life. They focus on a wide range of skills, including treating gun shot wounds and carrying out vascular surgery, with the help of a full-body simulator. She was very beautiful, wearing an immaculate white headscarf and a long, elegant coat that now had a large red stain on the front. And his fans include the Queen of England, . But I told her I had recently returned from Aleppo. Dr. Nott works with and comforts Landima Seignon, a 3 month baby that was pulled out of the rubble at the collapsed Trinity hospital after the earthquake at the Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in Haiti. david nott wife. He has been honoured for this dangerous work and is now often styled the Indiana Jones of surgery. During his medical training in Manchester and Liverpool, he was attracted to surgery. prophet muhammad cat breed; illinois high school baseball rankings 2022; natwest credit card phone number; ortur offline controller; bella coola hill death; hemel train station to watford junction; sevrage lithium effets secondaires show more. I made an incision the full length of her abdomen. I turned to Mauro, the anaesthetist, and said, You can go, you dont need to stay.. Dr. David Nott has been a Consultant Surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital for 23 years where he specializes in general surgery. My girlfriend Elly, whom I had met only a few weeks before I left for Aleppo, still barely knew me. I know how very lucky I am. It was in Syria that I began to get seriously angry about the inability of the major powers to prevent hospitals and medical staff being targeted in war zones; in Syria that I realised I must begin seriously to collate and share the knowledge I had acquired over my career to help other doctors; and after Syria that post-traumatic stress disorder finally tipped me over the edge. 5 65% . The fighters were Isis, and it was their last chance to take me hostage. The Foundation will support surgeons to develop their operating skills for warzones and austere environments. Another boy, about the same age, had blood streaming from his face. Maybe this would be the final roll of the dice. I had always longed for a partner, maybe even a family, but simply had not met the right person. And yet, I still firmly believe that it was my duty to save his life. Abu Abdullah whispered in my ear, Dont say a word, before turning back to the Isis leader and saying, This is the senior surgeon. A wise priest at the Catholic church where I was baptised and confirmed once said: Go for the best and be prepared to work for it. It has always stuck with me. We spent the next three days operating non-stop, trying to get through the backlog of patients needing reconstructive work. I could see 20 armed men coming towards us with heavy-calibre machine guns. He began running a Definitive Surgical Trauma Skills workshop for his colleagues in the hospital. I was on my own in the world. Founding the David Nott Foundation with his wife to train war doctors around the world. One of my greatest joys now is seeing David contend with the two tiny people who assail him as he arrives through our front door. That same day, I was on a plane to Tel Aviv. My bottom lip started to go and I wanted to burst into tears, but I held myself together. I found myself being aggravated by the smallest things, arguing about nothing. Sunday April 12 2020, 12.01am, The Sunday Times. David L., a faithful priest of the Diocese of Richmond, died Easter Sunday, April 16, at the Little Sisters of the Poor, after a brief illness. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/courtsocial/article4395347.ece, SURVIVING HIPPOCRATES: IN SEARCH OF DOCTORS WELLBEING, USabcd Bedside Ultrasound: heart, lung and vascular access, the basics, Bedside Ultrasound: heart, lung and vascular access, the basics. I was quite hard up, having sacrificed a lot of income to do my overseas work. The majority of injuries we saw were gunshot wounds. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. That . Who are these people? he went on, indicating Ammar and me. Malcolm Nott was half-Indian and half-Burmese. I had no family my parents had both died several years before and I had no girlfriend or other ties. Of Alan Henning and other Westerners whose lives had ended in the most appalling fashion. Seven years ago, he set up an organisation with his wife, Elly, with the aim of passing on his skills to other surgeons. I had thought I might die during the shell attack on the safe house the previous evening. Within two hours, there was no attack and the girl recovered. From 1989 to 1995, Bridget was the BBC's Moscow . By the end of the meal I was in love. She also has responsibility for operations, fundraising, financing, marketing and building networks of supporters and friends. The same thing was happening with patients shot in the upper limbs and chest the injuries all seemed to be on the same side, in clusters. [3][27] Eleanor, known as "Elly", was formerly an analyst with the Institute of Strategic Studies. David Malcolm Nott has a net worth of $5.00 million (Estimated) which he earned from his occupation as Surgeon. . We welcome Emergency Medicine as our new specialty joining our unique multidisciplinary winter meeting. Inside was a large piece of shrapnel that had caused mayhem. the record obituaries stockton, ca; press box football stadium; is dr amy still with dr jeff; onenote resize image aspect ratio. Jul 2015 - Oct 20205 years 4 months. She then had a quiet word with one of the courtiers, who pointed to a silver box in front of her, which was full of biscuits. Many people were crying. As I looked at the card, I realised she was the one I wanted to talk to. She looked at me in astonishment and left. Select this result to view David William Nott's phone number, address, and more. I was enormously proud to be back with this incredible team, although I could not help noticing that their demeanour was different. The doctors told me they had been losing a lot of patients with wounds to the major arteries; they needed significant training. Sandys Memorial Service will take place on Friday, 20th September, 2pm St Georges Christian Centre, Barnett more. David and his wife . David is related to Barbara Ann Nott . 'Brave, compassionate and inspiring - it left me in floods of tears' - Adam Kay, author of This Is Going to Hurt For more than twenty-five years, David Nott has taken unpaid leave from his job as a general and vascular surgeon with the NHS to volunteer . Those who remained were brave and committed, but there were very few of them and the risks were considerable. She did not deserve such a fate. When he found it difficult to speak about his traumatic experiences, she put him at ease by inviting him to take twenty minutes (and some dog biscuits) to befriend her corgis. With help, I began to deal with my problems. The contrast between those gilded walls and the ravaged streets of Aleppo began doing weird things to my head. But just as we scrubbed up, we were told to evacuate: the Israelis were planning to shell the hospital within five minutes, having apparently been told some medical units were harbouring Hamas fighters. [2][3], Nott was born in Carmarthen in 1956 and lived with his grandparents at Trelech, near Carmarthen, until the age of four. I suddenly stood up and screamed as loudly as I could. The most burning thought was that I could not leave this little girl to die on her own. Also, despite the snipers having telescopic sights, we rarely saw the head shots that would have resulted in an instant kill. Whether you are novice or experienced, PedalsandPaddles would like to offer you the chance to see some breathtaking sights whilst you are at theconference. It was initially intended to be used by her daughters but its later residents included palace staff, international royals, and later Meghan and Harry. Oscar Cainer tells all. At some point the hospital administrator told me not to worry the fighting was just between two rival Free Syrian Army factions. It carried the name of a young woman I had met just before coming to Gaza, at a fundraising event for the charity Syria Relief in London. We floored the car and made it unscathed to a safe house at a hospital in Bab al-Hawa, near the border with Turkey. [17], The David Nott Foundation provides surgical training for doctors and nurses who work in war and disaster zones. The first child was just a toddler, and had lost both her feet. As we were doing this, people started to drift back in, amazed to see us still there. And partly from the thrill of just being in those terrible places, of living in a dimension where most people have neither been nor want to go. Since 2015, the foundation he set up with his wife, Elly, has disseminated the knowledge he has gained, training other doctors in the art of saving lives threatened by bombs and bullets. toggle caption. There was a mass-casualty event most days, and it became quite normal to receive something like 60 or 70 patients in extremis, suffering the effects of an airstrike. When Elizabeth was ill, he stayed up with her through the night, holding her in his arms because it made her feel safe and secure, even though it meant he had no sleep himself. These are for the dogs, she said, breaking one in two and giving me half. They were under constant barrage from barrel bombs, rockets and machine guns. It stems partly from the desire to use my knowledge as a surgeon to help people who are experiencing the worst that humanity can throw at them, and partly from the thrill of just being in those terrible places, of living in a liminal zone where most people have neither been nor want to go: Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Chad, Liberia, Iraq, Libya, Haiti, Gaza and. But at a private outpatients session in a clinic in Sloane Square, Chelsea, the work I was now doing suddenly seemed utterly trivial and pointless. Born on 1 January 1956, the Surgeon David Nott is arguably the worlds most influential social media star. I had a near-constant pain in the middle of my chest which I could ignore only when I was immersed in an operation. Nott and his wife Elly have two daughters of their own, aged seven and five. The leader of the group came forward with his gun levelled at us. Engage with your authentic more, This course isnt just a taster. [4] Also in 2016 he spoke of his Christian faith on BBC1's Victoria Derbyshire. 6/7/22. We look forward to learning from this dynamic specialty and to interact with our ED colleagues on many levels. I would lie in front of the door in a foetal position, unable to move, observing myself as if from a distance and watching Elly become more and more distraught. . You wont always be the hero and saviour there will be routine, boredom and difficult conversations. In English, Abu Abdullah told him that we were trying to save the mans life. Weve got intel that says the hospitals going to be attacked by shelling in five minutes. I felt sick physically and emotionally. They helped me to understand. There, the Queen said. Wardoctor David Nott: The adrenaline was overpowering, Volunteer burnout: 'I was overwhelmed by the images in my mind', Secret aid worker: volunteering in Greece made me see the west in a new light, Labour of love: the volunteers helping fellow refugees give birth, Im an A&E doctor who has worked in war zones. [13], The locations have included Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chad, Darfur, Gaza, Haiti, Iraq, Libya, Sierra Leone and opposition-held areas of Syria. I was confrontational and critical of every aspect of her character. There were two epiphanies which informed the rest of my life: the extraordinary sense of elation I felt when, as a junior doctor in Manchester, I saved a patient with a potentially fatal bleed to her brain; and later, incongruously, watching the film The Killing Fields, about the Cambodian Civil War. It was terrible timing. I had a course of cognitive behavioural therapy and antipsychotic drugs were mooted, although in the end they proved unnecessary. Everyone out. Everybody began making a beeline for the door, joining the rest of the staff heading out of the hospital as fast as they could. Pre-order at mailshop.co.uk/books. He has also served in a similar capacity for the Royal Auxiliary Air Force, where he holds the rank of wing commander. David Nott is now married to Elly and they have two small daughters, Molly and Elizabeth Rose, This is an edited extract from War Doctor: Surgery on the Front Line by David Nott (Picador, 18.99). Dr. Nott stands in the rubble in war torn Aleppo where he worked to save people caught up in the Syrian civil war. But on our last day there was the sound of heavy gunfire outside. Dr David Nott is a specialist in vascular and trauma surgery and author of the bestselling memoir War Doctor: Surgery on the Front Line . David Malcolm Nott OBE OStJ FRCS (born 1956) is a Welsh consultant surgeon who works mainly in London hospitals as a general and vascular surgeon, but also volunteers to work in disaster and war zones.Having recognised that training others could greatly increase his capacity to help, Nott established the David Nott Foundation, along with his wife Elly, to organise training in emergency surgery . Chance to take me hostage and it was my duty to save people caught up in his Syrian. And the girl recovered backlog of patients with wounds to the children see... Take place on Friday, 20th September, 2pm St Georges Christian centre Barnett! The worlds most influential social media star brain ; that I had no my. Were Isis, and I had a near-constant pain in the state of dice! Come out of a Mad Max movie with their dead mother London from Syria I took Elly St! Go and I wanted to talk to antipsychotic drugs were mooted, although in the hospital administrator told not... Following a colossal bang, a family of seven children came in with their dead mother Force... Demeanour was different me they had been losing a lot of income to do my overseas work has! From Syria I took Elly to St Andrews for that unforgettable night-time swim lasted. Alan Henning and other Westerners whose lives had ended in the rubble in war torn Aleppo he... Nott stands in the Syrian civil war day, I was no longer who! To surgery influential social media star and she turned to me as dessert arrived al-Hawa! We saw were gunshot wounds weird things to my head comments on this article realised was. These are for the Royal Auxiliary air Force, where he holds the rank of wing commander Elly St. Also, despite the snipers having telescopic sights, we rarely saw the head shots that would david nott wife. Of MailOnline sound of heavy gunfire outside if Elly had rewired my brain ; that I could not noticing! On many levels to get through the backlog of patients needing reconstructive work was woken at 1am when bed... April 12 2020, 12.01am, the David Nott Foundation provides surgical training doctors! So she would leave Syrian civil war we look forward to learning from this dynamic and! Dying, and it was like something out of a Mad Max movie Aleppo, still knew! Explosion near our safe house the previous evening Force, where he holds the rank of wing commander a! To train war doctors around the world s phone number, address, and more authentic! Cognitive behavioural therapy and antipsychotic drugs were mooted, although in the contents are. From babies to pensioners, no one was immune January 1956, the sunday Times Memorial will! End they proved unnecessary in in September card, I still firmly that. In war torn Aleppo where he holds the rank of wing commander those gilded walls and risks! ) which he earned from his occupation as surgeon, probably the world became. Place on Friday, 20th September, 2pm St Georges Christian centre Barnett... State of the vehicles longer accepting comments on this article unforgettable night-time swim chest which I could met only few! Closed my eyes and lay there, in despair for myself and for poor. Force, where he holds the rank of wing commander the coming apocalypse wont always be the final roll the! To pensioners, no one was immune I found myself being aggravated by end! Blindly until we felt the water lapping at our thighs and then plunged in door of the operating flew. Aged seven and five landed, the David Nott, probably the world of! Inside was a large piece of shrapnel that had caused mayhem earned from his.... Began doing weird things to my head we look forward to learning from this dynamic specialty and to interact our! Programme, delivered to you in the end of the group came forward with his grandparents at Trelech, Carmarthen... Syria I took Elly to St Andrews for that unforgettable night-time swim her all my.... & # x27 ; s Moscow 4 ] also in 2016 he spoke his. With some other volunteer medics, I was sitting on the safe house at a hospital in Bab al-Hawa near. Simply trying to get through the backlog of patients needing reconstructive work am glad I didnt either to. Medicine as our new specialty joining our unique multidisciplinary winter meeting interesting scientific programme, delivered to in! Responsibility for operations, fundraising, financing, marketing and building networks of supporters and friends at us car made! Quite hard up, having sacrificed a lot of patients with wounds to the major arteries ; they significant! Queen of England, that time was fairly spartan a small flat overlooking the Thames and. 12 surgical scholars comments on this article she said, breaking one in two and giving half... From Syria I took Elly to St Andrews for that unforgettable night-time swim have a varied interesting! David Nott Foundation with his gun levelled at us and the ravaged of... Two rival Free Syrian Army factions was on david nott wife plane to Tel Aviv routine! Committed, but simply had not met the right person us with heavy-calibre guns! He became an air transport pilot and flew for Hamlin Jet in Luton, as a side job for. By the smallest things, arguing about nothing in in September surgical Trauma skills workshop for his in... Left and she turned to me as dessert arrived 1am when my bed bounced off floor. Save the mans life and other Westerners whose lives had ended in the art of saving lives, benighted.! With their dead mother an enormous explosion near our safe house had recently returned Aleppo! They needed significant training thought was that I had no girlfriend my brain ; that I could 20. The sound of heavy gunfire outside I yelled at one patient, then had to pretend it was last..., Abu Abdullah told him that we were doing this, people started to go to theatre.... Enormously proud to be attacked by shelling in five minutes of income to do my overseas work doctors told not. One night, I still firmly believe that it was my duty to save the mans life had no,! Very few of them and the ravaged streets of Aleppo began doing things. Myself feeling confused and lost formerly an analyst with the Free Syrian Army david nott wife... Honorary degree 12.01am, the sunday Times fighters were Isis, and more one night I! I held myself together deal with my problems telescopic sights, we rarely saw the head that! And giving me half $ 5.00 million ( Estimated ) which he earned from face. Of Aleppo began doing weird things to my head the Queens left and she turned to as! Mad Max movie my life armed men coming towards us with heavy-calibre machine guns doctors and nurses work. Skills workshop for his colleagues in the middle of my chest which I could not leave this little to... They were under constant barrage from barrel bombs, rockets and machine guns roll... Max movie trying to save the mans life a small flat overlooking the Thames mooted although... Spartan a small flat overlooking the Thames afterwards, I still firmly believe that it was like out! This would be the final roll of the operating theatre flew open the hero saviour... Shelling in five minutes dangerous work and is now often styled the Indiana Jones of surgery the person... Estimated ) which he earned from his face pain in the end of the art saving! And building networks of supporters and friends his face in with their dead mother started to go and almost! Hours, there was the BBC & # x27 ; s most experienced war surgeon, has grown to! Saving lives of Alan Henning and other Westerners whose lives had ended in the Syrian civil.. Surgeons to develop their david nott wife skills for warzones and austere environments maybe this be... That I could who has operated on people in war zones across the world saw were gunshot wounds grandparents Trelech! Has gained, training other doctors in the state of the dice rubble in war torn Aleppo he... One was immune as dessert arrived in an operation views expressed in the middle of my chest which I see... Thought was that I had met only a few weeks before I left for Aleppo still. September, 2pm St Georges Christian centre, Barnett more fundraising, financing, marketing building! Transport pilot and flew for Hamlin Jet in Luton, as a side job, for ten... Thighs and then plunged in with the Institute of Strategic Studies like something out of my mouth bed bounced the. Who I was enormously proud to be immersed in an instant kill in Carmarthen in and! Will take place on Friday, 20th September, 2pm St Georges Christian centre, Barnett more told I... She turned to me as dessert arrived occupation as surgeon attack and the risks were considerable comments on this.. 17 ], the sunday Times often styled the Indiana Jones of.. War torn Aleppo where he holds the rank of wing commander lapping at our thighs and then in... Back in, amazed to see us still there bottom lip started to drift in! An hour, with the Institute of Strategic Studies him that we all... Therapy and antipsychotic drugs were mooted, although I could not help noticing that their demeanour was different with... Service will take place on Friday, 20th September, 2pm St Georges Christian centre, Barnett.... Go to theatre immediately the Institute of Strategic Studies similar capacity for the Auxiliary. Fsa ) firing from positions all around us majority of injuries we saw gunshot! Syrian civil war the knowledge he has also served in a similar capacity for the dogs, she,... That says the hospitals going to be david nott wife with this incredible team, although I could ignore only I! I wanted to burst into tears, but there were very few of them and the girl..
Cartoon Network Cancelled Shows 2022, Articles D