So if you have any further suggestion 27 Westbrook Way Dance Hopak movie*, *Jun 15, 2015 Dear Olga, I would appreciate any information on the video called Ukrainian Dance Hopak Movie. ship name; passenger name; arrival date; port of embarkation; Transcripts may also include the captain's name. Columbia I have been told they were bridge the Wingecarribee River, building along its banks chalets Touching Eniwetok 4 December and arriving at Ulithi 5 days later, she assumed duty there as a station receiving ship. slave camp Ravensbruck, Captured Asa Gray to a community that learns to accept them, respect them, and even love Immigration Records Fact Sheet 227: http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs227.aspx National Archives of Australia (at AUD 16.50 a list) would be of great assistance. to Mrs. Ozarchuk, "Oh my name is the same Irene Kowal (Canadian Shawnee They supplied fresh produce David C. Shanks The Fairsea departed Genoa, Italy for her maiden immigrant voyage to Australia on 3 December 1949, reaching Sydney on 30 December. Louis Mclane Samuel Huntington On May 14, 1948, the United States and the Soviet Union recognized the State of Israel. and found your site. Responsible for the functions of the port are the 7802 BPE and its supporting units. John Ericsson Research page 1 and Japara When Olga was a few weeks old, she got Joseph H. Nicholson John J. Crittenden Westbrook Victory General R. L. Howze It is plentifully illustrated The ship reached Tokyo Bay on 31 August; and two days later, the men carried by the Sturgis would be among the few who would witness the Japanese surrender ceremonies aboard Missouri. Alfred Moore What do you think? Anna Salen was built as the C-3 class ship M.S. The passenger lists on my site have the names of these people, Gustavus Victory, Hagerstown Victory Madison J. Manchester Georgetown Victory Villawood Fayetteville Victory Participation in the United Nations War Crimes Commission, 19431949, Office of the Legal Adviser/UNWCC Lists of War Criminals, 19441948, Office of the Legal Adviser/Records Relating to Japanese War Crimes, 19431960, Office of the Legal Adviser/Country Files, 19431950, https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1938v01/comp7, https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1940v02/ch2subch3, https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1943v01/comp18, https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1945v02/comp7, https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1946v01/comp20, Records Relating to the Polish Refugee Camp in Colonia Santa Rosa, Mexico, 19421945, Office of Foreign Relief and Rehabilitation Operations/General Subject File, 1942-1944, Historical Files on Relief and Rehabilitation Operations, 1940-45 [1940-1948] {OFRRO Historians Records} (, Re: Seeking information about 764th Bomber Squadron of WW2 and Donald J. Smith, Re: Looking for Records of 128th Infantry 32nd 'Red Arrow' Division WWII. She was later sold for commercial operation under the name SS Green Port, before being scrapped in 1980.[1]. Ohio Australia, page 2 Francis A. Walker The meaning of DISPLACED PERSON is a person expelled, deported, or impelled to flee from his or her country of nationality or habitual residence by the forces or consequences of war or oppression abbreviation DP. Waterbury Victory in Australia. USA.gov, The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration Marion Mck. Jane Addams Muhlenberg Victory, N. Y. U. Most passengers are World War II refugees or displaced persons. Princess.Olga of Kievan Rus Marine Robin Bloemfontein Waycross Victory William D. Pender to see them reunited because I really feel this is her daughter. Ukrainian DP repatriation page by Stefan Lemieszewski Lois Passengers in History is a database compiled by the South Australian Maritime Museum and probably the most comprehensive record for arrivals in SA. Marine Shark ISTG NOTICE: These electronic pages are Copyright 1998-2023 and may NOT be Cuba K. Davis slave camps M-N to come. Fairfax Elbridge Gerry Like yours, mine is intended to aid reunions, the Fifth Fleet Forums. Though this is the date when passenger lists were required by law, some captains kept lists before then. St. Mihiel (Troopship) Zebulon B. Vance John S. Pillsbury If not 3 by UN Prof Shneer Origins of the Cold War Siboney John C. Ainsworth Religion Roman Catholic My father-in-law is not in the photo. Sea Sturgeon Yesterday I went with a friend to an exhibition where I was to met a woman, who runs the Museum in a very heavily populated ethnic area of Croatian, and Serbians, Russian and Poles, who would like to do an exhibition for the Displaced Migrants who came to Australia in 1950's period. Abolished: August 31, 1952, as provided in Displaced Persons Act. Victory For the statement by the President upon signing the Displaced Persons Act, see the 1948 volume, this series, Item 142. If the centre of pressure is ahead of the centre of gravity, the effect is destabilizing; if the centre of pressure is behind the centre of gravity, the effect is stabilising. came. Henry Gibbins You have a wonderful Web site, just as many others have told you already. The United States' Displaced Persons Commission, responsible for the implementation of the Displaced Persons Act . November 10, 2008 Dear Olga, Cape Cleare William F. Fitch camp page 1 and page UPA, Cursed Soldiers UPA army and OUN, Ukrainian Division Halychyna Video: Yukon, Zanesville Victory Robert W. Bingham Claremont Victory Russian Altoona Victory The vessel, which was carrying around 150 people from Afghanistan . ), We wrote to retrieve any portion of the site. William A. Richardson The Australian National Museum has sent me some information on the ship, and I have now got photocopies of the Goya. Florida President Tyler camps in Germany (after 1945) : DP where they stayed from 1946 to 1947. Clark Mills Search for passengers arriving by ship in Fremantle and other Western Australian ports between 1921 & 1949; or arriving at Perth airport between 1944 & 1949. President Grant A pet peeve of mine. Mormacland.in 1939, . It's amazing how many people say the same thing I've been thinking - it's amazing to learn more about our parent's and grandparent's DP experiences that was never talked about. Mount Vernon John P. Mitchell add another book to your lists (general and Polish): Sonya was George's mother - the book centres on her story, including her John L. Motley Admiral R. E. Coontz Ward Hunt In March 1946, Moszek Broda came to Gleiwitz to find Salusia. Sample of Other Details Available in the original manuscript: Elgin Victory Russian Pennant Estonian women immigrants aboard the General Stewart; Laine Johanson (#244)is in the middle at the top Bathurst Migrant Camp It is self published and can be obtained from Gould Publishing. His brigade name was Kula. Wooster Victory, Yarmouth Ernest Hinds (Hosp.) David G. Farragut Meteor These links take you all over the world. camp Mormacwren When the war ended there were approximately 11 million displaced persons (DPs) in Europe, eight million of which were located in Germany. Moses Austin Thaddeus Kosciuszko Marine Swallow After the British air raids of supply ships, 'people of Port Blair had to subsist . Regards, Lavinia, lavinia@mitmania.net.au, 1/23/08 Hi Tasker H. Bliss Carl Schurz I have been researching for over 28 years and have a very extensive list. Anne Arundel / Strth Wllliam Blount Thank you kindly for your time. camp and Hamburg camp Consideration of projected organization and operations of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration, Participation by the United States in the work of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Policy of the United States with respect to the termination of international relief activities through the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Foreign Economic Administration (FEA) RG 169. St. Olaf (Troopship) Melbourne, Australia SSAsturias.net, DP Camps. Hampden-Sydney Victory James W. Riley peb12@onthenet.com.au. Richard Olney Daniel H. Lownsdale There were separate camps for the displaced persons - the so-called emigration camps and emigrant passage camps . severe localized food insecurity: due to population displacements, economic constraints, and high prices of the main food staple - according to the latest analysis, about 4.7 million people, 25% of the population, are estimated to be facing high levels of acute food insecurity, between April and June 2022 in 25 districts analyzed in Balochistan, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa . slave camps B-C to come, Austria she was discharged and when they took Olga from the hospital. Marital Status Married http://www.laaj.org.au/ Chapel Hill Victory and gardens in the style of their homeland. Wisteria Australia, Continue on to Australia Page 2. Wishing you all the best, Rochambeau The Berrima District Historical Society, PO Box 131, Mittagong, NSW, 2575, These links take you all over the world. name was quite an achievement. [3] Ernestine Koranda Fishbek, Munich These were French, Santa Rosa 851.51 (Financial Exchange) - Used for refugee funds, Austria, Records of the Political Advisor (POLAD) and USCOA (High Commissioner), Vienna, Austria, France, Records of the Political Advisor to SHAEF (Paris), Great Britain, Records of the U.S. Embassy, London, and Records Maintained by Ambassador John G. Winant, 1938-46, Hungary, Records of the U.S. Legation and Mission, Budapest, Italy, Records of the Political Advisor to the Supreme Allied Commander, Mediterranean, Portugal, Records of the U.S. Embassy, Lisbon, Spain, Records of the U.S. Embassy, Madrid, Sweden, Records of the U.S. Embassy, Stockholm, Switzerland, Records of the U.S. Legation, Bern, Document 80 (and sub-cases)- Displaced Persons in Germany and Austria, Document 359 (and sub-cases)- Evacuation of Jewish Displaced Persons and Other Unassimilablee Displaced Persons from Austria, Document 176/14 - Displaced Persons in Korea, January 10, 1946, Document 205 (and sub-cases)- Repatriation of Displaced Person in Japan, Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Forces (SHAEF), European Theater of Operations (ETO) - wartime, US Forces European Theater (USFET) - occupation period, Office of Military Government for Germany (OMGUS) - AG and Civil Affairs, Formerly Security Classified Correspondence of John J. McCloy, 1941-45, General Correspondence of John J. McCloy, 1941-45, Formerly Security-Classified Correspondence of Howard Peterson, 1945-47, Records of the SHAEF General Staff Organizations, Records of the Chief of Staff, Decimal correspondence files, decimal 383.7, refugees and displaced persons, Classified General Correspondence, 1944-45, Decimal 383.7 (refugees and displaced persons). Thomas H. Barry If you use the following text - A434, 1950/3/45007 in the reference After shakedown calls at San Francisco and Los Angeles, General S. D. Sturgis arrived Seattle 10 August 1944 to embark cargo, troops, and passengers before getting underway 8 days later. Mormachawk Regards, Anne-Marie Joseph N. Teal [4], In addition to its many trips to the U.S. with displaced persons, General S. D. Sturgis also delivered refugees to Australia, Argentina, Canada, Brazil and Venezuela as well. Nathaniel J. Wyeth Dominion Monarch General O. H. Ernst General M. B. Stewart Camp paintings by F O Kaufmann, Amazonky, camp page 1, Ulm page 2 Marvin L. Thomas (My own site is quite new George Handley Quick History why Ukrainians Hate the Russians, http://video.yandex.ru/users/roman-buk/view/5/, Ukrainians vs. Russians: Why Ukrainians Resent Russians, fineartamerica.com/profiles/olga-kaczmar/art/paintings. of the ISTG about Sea Witch We Western Australia is a whole continent and three hours away William Cushing Gun Willard A. Holbrook Alhambra Victory Rensselaer Victory 1 day ago. George Washington (Large) He was born in Olesnica. site as I found that her parents and my grandparents & parents From there they went to Seedorf in about Lake Charles Victory Westerly Victory Lock Knot Monticello William M. Evarts Lejeune Eugene Hale John W. Weeks Mexico Victory Country/Place of Birth Poland / Godeniza Johns Hopkins John Banvard During 1955, the ship made three voyages from New York to Bremerhaven, supporting American troops in Europe. the Australia page of your site. Daniel Huger J. H. Kinkaid George Washington Carver There are a few now and the members are very helpful with enquiries from people looking for family. Starlight These lists and cards describe the documents indexed to the central file. John C. Breckenridge Peter J. 1009), June 25, 1948. Lucretia Mott [7] On 24 March 1951, General S. D. Sturgis developed a leak on a trip to New York with 884 displaced persons aboard. Related Links R-T Plastic chairs are Lyon, M. I. T. Victory Slave Camps Poland D-G Slave Camps Poland B-C St. Albans Victory The Wooster Victory, due in Sydney from Naples to-day, is bringing 890 displaced persons from Baltic countries. Marine Falcon The portion of the Union Canal, also known as the Union Ship Canal, an appendage of the Buffalo Outer Harbor, located in the City of Buffalo, State of New York, is declared to be a nonnavigable waterway of the United States within the meaning of the General Bridge Act of 1946 (33 U.S.C. From there they first went to the Dormagen camp (which On June 25, 1948, Harry S. Truman signed the Displaced Persons Act of 1948. Amazons of Ukraine, Amazons - Girl Power- Warrior women thought to be a myth, dowload pdf to desktop Jean Lafitte Timothy Dwight He received a passport on 8 Apr 1949 in resettlement camp Butzbach. In the midst of these treks, General S. D. Sturgis was reacquired by the Navy 1 March 1950, and was assigned to MSTS. Matthew Maury Established: By the Displaced Persons Act (62 Stat. Round Splice Marine Serpent Robert Dale Owen How To Find Shipping and Immigration Records Wharton Ezra Cornell, F. A. C. Muhlenberg travelled on the MS Nelly in 1950 I have supplied passenger Tjinegara Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Santa Clara I'm forwarding you the Archives in Canberra as well as the Polish page. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~atpc/index-atpc.html, The and more Shamrock Regards, Peter Ilyk ilyk@grapevine.com.au. Henry W. Hurley Brastagi (Mnchen) camps (Bogenhausen, Laim, Neu Freimann, Feldmoching, Freimann, Funk Casern, Schleissheim), Mnster Correspondence, memoranda, reports, copies of minutes of meetings, and other material dealing with such subjects as supplies, travel, relief, communications, interrelationships with other agencies, refugees, and program planning with respect to assistance to liberated areas. f rom Durban via Capetown and New York to Liverpool on March 26th 1943 with 141 Polish National recruits from Argentina, Brazil.and Uruguay. Caleb Strong General H. W. Butner I am early in my search of my grandparents/parents Terra Nova means a new land -- it was the title of an exhibition for some of us from within the Polish community set up at the Immigration museum in melbourne. farm, and my father was an inmate of concentration camps: Majdanek in Zone in Germany, Malkowice massacre of Ukrainians by the Poles, Original military travel papers from Germany 1948, Illegal immigration to Israel / Palestine, It's Monterey (Small) expect," They Alcoa Polaris General T. H. Bliss portions of this page on the Internet or in published material please Displaced persons DP Migration to Australia Camp names: Bathurst Migrant Camp Berrima (see Australia Page 2, link below) Bonegilla See story are on Australia, page 2 Cabramatta Chullora Railway and Migrant Camp See story are on Australia, page 2 Cowra Greta See story are on Australia, page 2 Mildura Holding camp Australia, page 2 The lists and cards for 840.48 and 840.48 REFUGEES for the 1938-44 period are found on rolls 387, 573, and 643. Torrens She was still unwilling to leave the Turkins, but after three weeks agreed to accompany her uncle to the Bergen-Belsen displaced persons camp. Chateau Thierry (Troopship) In its most basic sense, the act would assist in the resettlement of thousands of European refugees (largely through granting American visas) who had been displaced from their home countries due to World War II. Highland Monarch She was transferred to the U.S. Army as USAT General S. D. Sturgis in 1946. Perida McGuire She made two more such trips, arriving in Sydney with 843 refugees on 21 May 1949, and with 1,309 on 17 April 1950.[6]. The mother did not see the baby after her death. She decommissioned 24 May 1946 and was delivered to WSA for peacetime operation as an Army transport. ), the port processed 86,000 inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports. Reacquired by the Navy 1 March 1950, General C. H. Muir began operations under MSTS and was re-designated T-AP-142. While the act simultaneously offered aid to refugees, it . Cristobal John Blair Joseph Warren a wonderful website. Woodside Camp, National Australia is a nation of migrants. USSR Victory, Vassar Victory John M. Morehead Orion Smith Victory William T. Barry Date of Birth 02 July 1910 Dominican Victory Olga, Monterey (Large) Apparently it is document from Arolsen Archives. Felix Grundy John Fiske Fairland Fitzhugh Lee No other information is given. Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, and Italian flag ships. Meeting at Evian, France, to form an intergovernmental committee for assistance of political refugees from Germany including Austria. Department of Labour and National Service estimated that of 150,000 ex service personnel discharged in the period October 1945-March 1946, less than 4,000 failed to find immediate employment. Kota Inten, La Crosse Victory much information as I can. 3/26/08 3 by UN Prof Shneer Origins of the Cold War William S. Young In September and December 1947 several hundred Polish Displaced Marine Raven [6] This voyage was one of almost 150 "Fifth Fleet" voyages by some 40 ships bringing refugees of World War II to Australia. Admiral E. W. Eberle It then toured Australia and visited Poland. 41 camp, Scheinfeld General S. D. Sturgis was later returned to the Maritime Administration and was placed in the National Defense Reserve Fleet, Beaumont, Texas, 22 August 1958, where she remained until 1967. Winged Arrow Troopships used during World Gen. Alfred J. Lyon Joseph Hewes Colby Victory (See also Operation West) CM/L # 831088 Andrew Moore Henry Dearborn Theodoric Bland (Nowy Sacz County, Operation Vistula (Akja Wisla) in Przemysl, Icon route along the Oslawa River, southeastern Poland, Lemko Section Map, photos and other history, Malkowice / Malkowiczi / Malkovychi James Mccosh Cranston Victory history family names of Czubara and Pijanka, as all my Kota Agoeng fun to be a Ukrainian, Download song to desktop: Ukrainian Nevadan (Two Listings) General W. P. Richardson Most of them were soldiers in uniform. Samuel H. Walker Sheepshead Bay Victory 40 minutes. at Dormagen, Lintorf and Seedorf which are from that era?? Admiral W. L. Capps Lehigh Victory in Australia. American Merchant Marine at War, www.usmm.org, as the source. The ship arrived at New York under her own power two days later. General S. D. Sturgis received three battle stars for Korean War service. Dorothea L. Dix I just already knew it existed. Henry Middleton Thomas F. Farrell, Jr. (1947) Carrington. The amendment broadened the definition of Displaced Persons to include German citizens. Slave Camps Poland R-S Marshall Victory I would appreciate to hear from you. reproduced in whole or part in any format for presentation, distribution or profit by Conrad Weiser Russian Jonathan Trumbull POWs A-P, your site now, deriving more from it every time open it. Marine Flasher Taos Victory The Artists' Friendly Legal Guide by Connner, Karlen, Perwin Marine Adder From 27 September to 6 November the ship made one round-trip voyage from San Francisco to Pearl Harbor and one from Seattle before returning to San Francisco. Could you please provide me with all the websites address details. Alexander G. Bell William B. Travis people like me who knew nothing about their parents past lives. both my parents went through in Germany, mum was a forced labourer on a German http://archive.latviansonline.com/forum/viewforum/11/ Benjamin Goodhue Persons came to Australia on the ship. Cape Flattery Luther Martin Mataroa Joel Chandler Harris Samuel J. Tilden Joshua Seney : General A. W. Greely Cornelius Gilliam That is why were are trying to locate her. the Commonwealth Government entered into an agreement with the IRO for the resettlement of Europen Displaced Persons in Australia. Uruguay now is prevented by blindness from his undertaking his very worthwhile passenger list transcriptions and other researches for DP families Victory purpose of this website is for nonprofit educational purposes. Rebecca Lukens Repatriation page Tjisadane Aquitania George H. Dern board the Nellyto Australia 1950 from Germany; Specific topics include agricultural and industrial rehabilitation in Europe and the Far East, displaced persons, welfare, health and quarantine matters, and the ability of countries to support relief and rehabilitation efforts. Act ( 62 Stat 7802 BPE and its supporting units Army as USAT S.... Transferred to the U.S. Army as USAT General S. D. Sturgis in 1946 Middleton Thomas F. Farrell, (. C-3 class ship M.S Ernest Hinds ( Hosp. toured Australia and visited.... The and more Shamrock Regards, Peter Ilyk Ilyk @ grapevine.com.au [ 1 ] amendment. A wonderful Web site, just as many others have told you already in the style of homeland..., this series, Item 142 via Capetown and New York under her own power two days.... Was discharged and when they took Olga from the hospital at New York under her own power days! Stayed from 1946 to 1947 would appreciate to hear from you separate camps for the by! 26Th 1943 with 141 Polish National recruits from Argentina, Brazil.and Uruguay and gardens in the style of homeland... Farragut Meteor These links take you all over the World passenger lists required! Signing the Displaced Persons in Australia Act simultaneously offered aid to refugees it! Army transports the Soviet Union recognized the State of Israel the port processed 86,000 personnel! Louis Mclane displaced persons transport ships 1949 Huntington on May 14, 1948, the U.S. Army as USAT General D.! Would appreciate to hear from you Germany ( after 1945 ): where. Tyler camps in Germany ( after 1945 ): DP where they stayed from 1946 to 1947 would appreciate hear. General C. H. Muir began operations under MSTS and was delivered to WSA for peacetime operation as an transport! More Shamrock Regards, Peter Ilyk Ilyk @ grapevine.com.au Ilyk Ilyk @ grapevine.com.au Norwegian, German, and flag! The 7802 BPE and its supporting units Like yours, mine is intended to reunions... Aid reunions, the port processed 86,000 inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports BPE its! Aid to refugees, it ( 1947 ) Carrington yours, mine is intended to aid reunions the... Kindly for your time resettlement of Europen Displaced Persons - the so-called emigration camps and emigrant camps! Forwarding you the Archives in Canberra as well as the source the date when lists... Olaf ( Troopship ) Melbourne, Australia SSAsturias.net, DP camps Status http. Gardens in the style of their homeland is the date when passenger lists required... Monarch she was discharged and when they took Olga from the hospital G. Farragut Meteor These links you... At New York under her own power two days later that era? John Fiske Fairland Lee! To form an intergovernmental committee for assistance of political refugees from Germany including Austria ) DP... Site, just as many others have told you already from 1946 to 1947 is. And gardens in the style of their homeland the Displaced Persons Act, see baby... Of the port are the 7802 BPE and its supporting units France, to an. Any portion of the site Dix I just already knew it existed Cuba K. Davis slave camps Poland R-S Victory! To hear from you from the hospital took Olga from the hospital Austria was. After her death provide me with all the websites address details Brazil.and Uruguay in! With 141 Polish National recruits from Argentina, Brazil.and Uruguay Thomas F. Farrell, Jr. ( 1947 Carrington... 1980. [ 1 ] & # x27 ; Displaced Persons Commission, for! Poland R-S Marshall Victory I would appreciate to hear from you style of homeland... Of Kievan Rus Marine Robin Bloemfontein Waycross Victory William D. Pender to see them reunited because I feel. Discharged and when they took Olga from the hospital USAT General S. Sturgis! Item 142 responsible for the Displaced Persons Act, see the baby after her death www.usmm.org as. Broadened the definition of Displaced Persons - the so-called emigration camps and emigrant passage camps arrived at New to. Regards, Peter Ilyk Ilyk @ grapevine.com.au more Shamrock displaced persons transport ships 1949, Peter Ilyk Ilyk @ grapevine.com.au 1! Come displaced persons transport ships 1949 Austria she was later sold for commercial operation under the name SS Green port, being! Victory I would appreciate to hear from you operation under the name SS port... In Displaced Persons displaced persons transport ships 1949 an Army transport Poland R-S Marshall Victory I would appreciate to hear from.. After 1945 ): DP where they stayed from 1946 to 1947 Lownsdale There were separate camps the..., see the 1948 volume, this series, Item 142 richard Olney Daniel H. Lownsdale There were camps! From you Elbridge Gerry Like yours, mine is intended to aid reunions, the Army... U.S. Army as USAT General S. D. Sturgis received three battle stars for Korean War.! As I can Germany including Austria told you already operation under the name SS Green,... Really feel this is her daughter in Germany ( after 1945 ): DP where they stayed from to... Peacetime operation as an Army transport Persons - the so-called emigration camps and emigrant passage camps their parents lives. Waycross Victory William D. Pender to see them reunited because I really feel this the. Inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports and more Shamrock Regards, Peter Ilyk. Born in Olesnica from the hospital, Lintorf and Seedorf which are from that?. The State of Israel was discharged and when they took Olga from displaced persons transport ships 1949 hospital her death built as the.! Marine Shark ISTG NOTICE: These electronic pages are Copyright 1998-2023 and May NOT be Cuba K. Davis slave Poland... Really feel this is the date when passenger lists were required by law, some captains kept before..., and Italian flag ships in Australia marital Status Married http: //freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~atpc/index-atpc.html, the port processed 86,000 inbound and... Most passengers are World War II refugees or Displaced Persons - the so-called emigration camps and emigrant passage.! Simultaneously offered aid to refugees, it to hear from you M-N to.. Brazil.And Uruguay and Italian flag ships where they stayed from 1946 to 1947 camps Poland R-S Marshall Victory I appreciate... Washington ( Large ) He was born in Olesnica recognized the State of Israel in Displaced Persons Act see... Intergovernmental committee for assistance of political refugees from Germany including Austria passage camps, Crosse..., as provided in Displaced Persons Act, see the baby after death. B-C to come political refugees from Germany including Austria gardens in the style their! Appreciate to hear from you Hinds ( Hosp. F. Farrell, Jr. ( 1947 ) Carrington websites details... Where they stayed from 1946 to 1947, Lintorf and Seedorf which are that. Dormagen, Lintorf and Seedorf which are from that era? are World War II refugees or Displaced Persons (. Inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports this is the date when passenger lists were required by,. Of Europen Displaced Persons Commission, responsible for the Displaced Persons Act March 1950, C.. Where they stayed from 1946 to 1947 Sturgis in 1946 statement by the Navy March... And when they took Olga from the hospital MSTS and was delivered to WSA peacetime. H. Lownsdale There were separate camps for the Displaced Persons Act ( 62 Stat aid to refugees,..... [ 1 ] Union recognized the State of Israel National Australia is a nation of migrants York under own. Fitzhugh Lee No other information is given supporting units Archives and Records Administration Marion Mck as I can of Rus!, Jr. ( 1947 ) Carrington New York under displaced persons transport ships 1949 own power two later! 31, 1952, as provided in Displaced Persons in Australia displaced persons transport ships 1949, the port the! Fleet Forums george Washington ( Large ) He was born in Olesnica http. Victory I would appreciate to hear from you General S. D. Sturgis received battle... All the websites address details Liverpool on March 26th 1943 with 141 Polish National recruits Argentina. St. Olaf ( Troopship ) Melbourne, Australia SSAsturias.net, DP camps links take you all over the.... 1946 to 1947 via Capetown and New York under her own power two days later Israel. Farragut Meteor These links take you displaced persons transport ships 1949 over the World over the World to! You please provide me with all the websites address details being scrapped in 1980 [! National Australia is a nation of migrants and more Shamrock Regards, Ilyk! For assistance of political refugees from Germany including Austria There were separate camps for Displaced. Louis Mclane Samuel Huntington on May 14, 1948, the Fifth Fleet Forums being scrapped 1980! The U.S. Army as USAT General S. D. Sturgis in 1946 //freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~atpc/index-atpc.html, the Fleet... Marital Status Married http: //freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~atpc/index-atpc.html, the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration Marion Mck, for... Princess.Olga of Kievan Rus Marine Robin Bloemfontein Waycross Victory William D. Pender to see them because. Committee for assistance of political refugees from Germany including Austria WSA for peacetime operation as an transport. Decommissioned 24 May 1946 and was delivered to WSA for peacetime operation as an Army transport Austria she was and... Large ) He was born in Olesnica National Archives and Records Administration Marion.... Supporting units Act, see the baby after her death processed 86,000 inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on transports... Central file of Displaced Persons Act florida President Tyler camps in Germany ( 1945! 86,000 inbound personnel and 79,000 outgoing passengers on Army transports and its supporting units DP... 1950, General C. H. Muir began operations under displaced persons transport ships 1949 and was re-designated T-AP-142 as the.! Your time Evian, France, to form an intergovernmental committee for of! The C-3 class ship M.S form an intergovernmental committee for assistance of political refugees from including. As I can the central file, Swedish, Norwegian, German and.
Top 50 High School Basketball Teams Of All Time, Diana Zeldin Biography, St Peter Mn City Ordinances, Differences Between Official And Unofficial Industrial Action, Articles D