(Pic included, the other 3 members of the party were sat to my right)When we raised this with an usher we were told there was nothing that could be done on the night. They make you feel like an interloper, or something tacked on at the last minute. But always, he's full of passion. West Midlands. However, make sure you see Celia Graham in the role of Christine rather than the dreadful Katie Knight-Adams. Katie Hall as Christine was what I hoped. When we bought the tickets I wasn't that excited. I have long-awaited for a discounted ticket to this show. the cast were magnificent. I first saw 'Phantom' in the West End over 20 years ago and cannot believe I waited till November 2011 to see it again - twice! His voice is much too weak, his acting is poor and the way he reads Raoul and decides to play him is insensitive and irritating. I am utterly astounded at the few negative comments about POTO (Phantom Of The Opera). My personal choice would always be to go for the Dress but being offered 65 seats for 35 made the decision to go for stalls. The drinks at the middle break were extremely expensive, but this is LONDON. The actor who played the Phantom could not be faulted. Being so close has some advantages. Several of the younger Pliny's letters are addressed to Suetonius, with whom he lived in the closest friendship. _____________________________________, We went to the matinee performance of 'Phantom of the Opera' on 23rd January 2014. HISTORY OF THE STAGE. Another limitation of Her Majesty's theatre is that it is acoustically bad and offers dismal views. If anyone in front of you leans forward, they completely obscure your view and you have quite an area of stage left cut off from view. Two friends and I went to the matinee performance of 'Phantom' on the 18th January 2011. I "didn't get" that the old guy bidding for the music box was actually Raoul and I think if ever I watched this again it would have more impact as I did enjoy the unusual opening to the show. ___________________, I saw Phantom of the Opera for the first on 13th July 2006. ___________________________________. Now, I always find Music of the Night the most boring song in the show - but this time I was completely gripped by it. I always though opera was amazing but this performance truly wins. Both Ben Forster as the Phantom and Celinde Schoenmaker as Christine were superb in their roles with powerful singing voices and there was definitely a strong rapport between them. Phantom of the Opera, 22Oct2017, I knew I would have a restriced view but it wasn't too bad. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePhantomOfTheOpera Slight block from the right and left side of the stage depending on which side your seats are on. It swivels when not in use and is flat on the stage. Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link. L. Kalberer, I was sitting in B21 in the Dress Circle which should have been fine as I'm 5'11" but two people in front of me actually blocked a lot of the view (they also rustled bags to show each other their shopping for large sections of the show). Overall we had a memorable night seeing a show that's rightly heralded as a classic - it hasn't jumped to the top of the list of my favourites, but in fairness a show with as much music in this particular style is never going to rank quite as highly as some others. The seats were quite good, offered great value for money. I find it hard to see the discerning person finding much appeal in Phantom of the Opera. Kelly Mathieson's Christine sang well while Jeremy Taylor, although he sang the role really well, the emotional bond between him and Vhristine never really came across very well and felt like something was missing. The Merlyns worst seats are really not that bad, and certainly shouldnt put you off if theyre the last ones left. And as for Alex Rathgeber, the review I read is not nearly complimentary enough. Being only 10 more than where we sat in the Grand Circle Row J before, these seats are much much better. But somehow the disappointment of what should have been a wonderfully enjoyable and romantic experience being destroyed so completely by such simple but effective factors has me utterly indignant. 855-315-0431 Concerts Bad Bunny Billie Eilish Bon Jovi Coldplay Dua Lipa Elton John That said, this is a great show and I don't think you can be a regular West End theatre goer and not see it. Finally the performances, I would say John Owen Jones is one of the finest Phantom's of them all, easily outstripping Michael Crawford vocally. Slightly perplexed, I informed her of the conversation had the day previously with a See box office member of staff, she hinted that this keeps happening and See continually give out wrong information, and that I should make a formal complaint to them about what had happened. Please.) Youll have either an incomplete view because of the position of the seats, or something may be in your line of sight like a pole, speakers, or the sound board. Worst of all - missed the final part of the lair when, for all Id have know, Phantom could have just sauntered off stage!! ____________________________, 9th July 2011. Not only this but the heat in our seats was intolerable. Went to the stage door. It really was entertainment at its best. Unfortunately this just makes it confusing and far too abstract to be enjoyable or helpful to the storyline in any way. 020 3925 2998. Book London Theatre Week The Phantom of the Opera tickets in London on TodayTix. We sat in the Royal Circle and found the seating cramped and the view inferior to a good Stalls seat. Best are B 13 and 14. . He has two great Christine's in Gina Beck and Robyn North. I may only be 13 but I've seen 14 West End shows and Phantom Of The Opera is the best out of them all. Also from the grand circle you get a great view of the chandelier rising ad when the Phantom is up above the arch. These are probably the most uncomfortable stalls we have ever been in but the view is excellent and the small theatre itself (looking from the stalls) is lovely, very sweet and intimate but desperately need new updated seats!! Bromley My only gripe is actually about the theatre itself, something needs to be done about the seating, the seats are quite small. Im not normally a grouch! It started as soon as I entered the theatre; it was a lovely, grand and majestic theatre - it made you feel like you were in the Paris Opera House. The rest of the show he seemed very tired and bland. The spectacular staging always dazzles, and the score throbs emotion throughout. For an untrained singer his natural vocal technique is outstanding. This means that your view of the stage may be partially blocked. Excellent view of the stage and I enjoyed it very much. Her Majestys theatre is beautifully acoustic, and most of the stalls and dress circle benefit from almost no amplified sound, which is a rarity. Earl gives the best performance of The Phantom I have ever seen and heard. As for his voice, I don't see how some can say it's weak. Multiple emails bounced between me and a specific person, wanting to know the date I phoned, the exact time, who I previously spoke to, the number I phoned from.. (all of which I was unable to provide) This went on for a week, and finally they said they were unable to find any trace of my call, as I was unable to provide enough information, but they did not doubt that I had indeed phoned, and that i was told incorrect information, and that they would refund me the full price of one of my tickets. We were in Row B, which is the first row, I am only 5' 2" and my knees were crushed against a low black wall between me and the orchestra, sit further back for a much better view. You have to accept "Phantom" as a period piece and one of the last glittering relics of the golden age of London Theatre which the 1980's undoubtedly were. Thank you all very much for a fantastic night out. I do admit that the first 2 scenes I hadn't a clue what was going on, but after the Phantom makes his first appearance it makes sense. Coupled with a very limited choice of seats, I went for these. The overhang of the upper circle blocks the view of the upper part of the stage from row H. The restricted view prevented us from seeing significant action. Phantom's 23 years have led to it becoming stagnant. ____________________________. Good meal, and good seats (A24 and A25, front row of Dress Circle.) We did, and this vision in baggy shorts, spikey hair and sunglasses was The Phantom!!! Brilliant view, although little leg room - but that is because the theatre is old, so has to be expected. The roles of Christine and the Phantom really are quite demanding and emotional and at the end I actually felt sympathy for the poor old Phantom and was left wondering what would happen to him. Restricted View Seats Often, the view isn't as bad as it sounds like on paper, and so buying these seats are very much worth it. The Regent is a wide space, too, so the sightline is fine even on the side ends. The only action missed, which amounted to perhaps just 1 minute in total, was missed because I was sitting in the rear stalls, under the overhang of the circle. After asking the very helpful woman behind the desk whether they had seats available, she informed us that Her Majesty's theatre does not offer day seats, never has and never will. At full price, I would have preferred to have been one or two rows further back and a little closer to the centre, but as a TKTS purchase this was absolutely brilliant value. The Literary Theory Handbook introduces students to the history and scope of literary theory, showing them how to perform literary analysis, and providing a greater understanding of the historical contexts for different theories.. A new edition of this highly successful text, which includes updated and refined chapters, and new sections on contemporary theories Having seen the show a few times before we had our own personal taste on how we like our Phantoms to be portrayed and were not sure how Scott would fare - we neednt have worried. _______________________. We did not miss any action, although the view of the left side of the stage is limited. Synopsis. Phantom of the Opera, 27Apr2017, there is a pole right in front of the seat, with no warning. 'Good.not great. The overhang from the circle also restricted some of the performance that was above the stage resulting in only feet being seen. Cannot see the top level of the stage and the top level of the set. *based on 10 bookings made through various agents' websites. __________________, I was visiting London from the US July 25 2005, and luckily procured fantastic tickets for Phantom of the Opera. Sat in seats K9 and 10 (Stalls), which provided a very good view, as did all seats in that row, but I think the seats should be down priced from Row N back, as they really are not worth full price. The day was made even better when regardless of the fact he would be performing later Scott spent around fifteen minutes at stage door talking and having pictures with us. They were asked by the staff to stop leaning forward onto the front of the Dress Circle though, but they still obscured a lot of my view. Grand Historical Tour. You have been warned!!! John Owen-Jones was playing the Phantom and I was so impressed by his range, acting and general musicality. I hope to see Brian reprising the role in the future as Phantom himself, and not as his understudy. The sound is perfect, the view is perfect and this time there was lots of legroom. The seats are a bit old and so aren't as comfortable as some other theatres that have been updated, but we had enough leg room. They can hold the audience within the compass of their eyes. CA, USA. I sat down and realized that my feet were dangling in mid air as I couldn't reach the floor. After providing them with the booking reference number on the ticket, I have the money back in my account, and was actually amazed at their ability to help me out (after being so notoriously bad!) The managers are the best I've seen in my humble opinion. ( We wish we had seen our fellow Welshman John Owen-Jones to compare). It is Lloyd Webber's triumph and looks set to remain that way for a very long time. What Im not fine with is the kind of audience it attracts. Beware of their Best Available Seats offer. (Central Stalls an' all!) At about 11am he called me forward and offered two seats at the end of row E and row B (front row). Saw Phantom 1st December 2006. ___________________. The last time we had the front row centre and the chandelier was terrifying! (And, no, we are not Phans or groupies. and Christine wasn't a shade of the beautiful, haunted talent she once was. 2023 whichseats.com, Her Majesty's Theatre (His Majesty's Theatre) Grand Circle K8, https://www.whichseats.com/her-majestys-theatre/grand-circle/k/8, Seat K8 in the Grand Circle at the Her Majesty's Theatre (His Majesty's Theatre), Her Majesty's Theatre (His Majesty's Theatre). But it usually works as a traditional two-tiered bank of seats with a narrow causeway separating the sections. Quite simply it was the cast. The first thing to say is that our seats in the stalls, Row F were fabulous, made even better by the fact that the rows in front of us were filled by school children which helped provide a flawless view of the action. Blenheim, New Zealand. 1st floor is mostly seating and is the upper level. I do believe that he single handedly ruined the show. As we bent double to look at the action it was obvious that even one row forward in G the view was much, much better. John Owen Jones has ruined any other Phantoms for me and sadly, Ben Forster just didn't have the gravitas that I would have liked. Theatremonkey show opinion. The seats are so close together I was basically cuddling strangers, and there was absolutely no room for anyone to walk past you down the row, forcing everyone to have to stand up and get out of their seat any time someone needed to get by. A hideously deformed musician enjoys chasing a talented young lady singer around the stage. When we got there, two seats next to us were empty, so we moved two seats closer to the centre. It was amazing seeing the costumes and actors close up and hearing the musical nuances from the orchestra which ordinarily you probably wouldn't hear. Yes view is restricted. I was right behind the conductor, but as is written elsewhere on this site, he isn't very tall and from where I was seated wasn't much of a problem. They were outdone by every other department working on the show. The seats on the rear side of the Stalls section may offer an obstructed view . Beware there is no actual spot to queue and we waited at one of the door on Haymarket but when they opened at 10am they opened another door. The rest of the cast were very good, and it was a great evening. ), but the true star of the show has to be the one and only John Owen Jones as the Phantom. But towards the end of Act 1, in the 'All I Ask Of You' reprise he seemed to lose his way. Five minutes later at 14.22hrs I was given an even better seat in stalls, K11. In its heyday Her Majesty's Theatre was considered Australia's finest theatre, and after an extensive restoration it has been returned to its world-class status and is as beautiful as ever. _________________, I tried to keep an open mind. Theatremonkey braces itself for the backlash when it admits it found this show utterly, utterly lame. However, very disappointed with Theatre Tickets Direct. Even for someone slim you also have to get out of the row to let people get past to their seats in the middle. Unfortunately, my camera had no battery and was charging at home so I'm definitely going back to get photos, which they very kindly pose for. The theatre was quite warm for a chilly night, only felt cold when side door near the seats was open. Performance schedule. They were schlepping their oversized M&Ms World bags through the aisles, munching snacks, cheerfully commenting their favourite scenes, and exactly during the most dramatic final moments someones phone went off I dont want to sound elitist, but when I pay a lot of money for a Musical the only sound I hear should be from stage, and not the excited yelps of some middle-aged superfan in the row behind me. I know this is musical theatre and that perhaps it requires more suspension of disbelief than other theatre, but in this case the only thing that could have suspended my disbelief was if you sentenced it to life. Reader reviews. All the views expressed in our published seat reviews are those of independent theatregoers and don't necessarily represent those of whichseats.com, producers or theatre owners. Rachel Barrell as Christine sung with considerable volume (but see below) and was the best of the cast. I did not think I would enjoy this, just booked it for my girlfriend's birthday as I know she likes musicals, however, I will be honest and say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole performance. The story is amazing as ever and the new cast (different from the last time) was just as good if not better. ___________________. He was physically imposing, powerful, menacing and sensitive. The only gripe is I had to move from side to side to see the centre of the stage, due to a tall gentleman sitting directly in front of me, but this must have applied to those sitting behind me due to my height. I find it bizarre that you would attack the staging and fly work of "Phantom". Tiny (child sized it appeared), and old - they leave you aching by the end of the performance. You can see the full body of the actors and set from the centre over to stage left wings. Anna Forbes as Meg seemed to change the way she played Meg the last time I saw her with Sofia. DAY SEATS: A number of 30 day seats are released at 10am each day online at: https://uk.thephantomoftheopera.com/day-tickets/. Do your research on a site that shows the view from each seat! John Owen-Jones made a decidedly un-menacing Phantom (great Valjean but ropey Phantom - remind you of anyone?) Even if there was someone sitting in E1, I think the rake would have been sufficient to see over their head. So, THANK YOU! Also, I am not a huge fan of Charles Hart's lyrics and the way words are sometimes crammed into songs, whether they fit or not (and quite often they don't rhyme which bugs me!) Otherwise a great view with slight obstruction of front left of the stage. The Booker Prize-winning novel-now a major motion picture from Fox SearchlightPictures. The sound wraps around you, and the sweat on the forehead of the first violinist feels close enough to mop. After this scene the unmistakeable unique theme music begins, the sound in the theatre was amazing, better than any cinema. I sat in the GRAND CIRCLE in Row H seats 26 and 27. Revel in the haunting beauty of Paris Opera House in Andrew Lloyd Webber's world-famous musical at Her Majesty's Theatre. A "Must-See" indeed. I have the soundtrack of the original, but I must say, the present Phantom knocks spots of Michael Crawford. The priciest seats are also the best, smack bang in the centre of the front rows. So go see the show. Micke & Marita, Ume, Sweden. It sits low, so you dont feel you are peering down on a show, and it is relatively close to the stage. ), after reading a few reviews about 'Raoul' being a bit drippy in a few performances I was expecting to hate whoever played him but was more than pleasantly surprised when Simon Bailey appeared. Website: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/london Earl Carpenter in the lead was very good indeed though not in the same league as Crawford who we had seen on two occasions. Buying through lastminute meant I couldnt choose my seats You may also get moved to a better seat if the auditorium isn't full! The 3 or 4 good tunes are all played in the first half an hour, which leaves a good two hours of "musical mess". I had expectations aplenty of the show, giving its 18-year run in the West End. Can't wait to go back and see it again. Would definitely sit here again but would be more wary of B11 as that seat seemed more behind the conductor than I was - definitely worth the green rating on the seating plan. Purchased tickets for here for a show in July. I will say it is hard to decide where the good seats are. I was totally "involved" whilst watching this one, feeling exhilarated and frightened, then sentimental and even a little tearful at the end!! Excellent seats. Saw "Phantom" last night for the first time (6th May 2009). The struggle that Christine faces in choosing between the Phantom and Raoul represents her two very different sides; the dark, edgy Phantom, verses the safe Raoul. I cannot recommend this show enough, and we will all definitely be going again. 2nd in line, and I got 030 in Stalls for 25 - way under Balcony missing a few of the stuff like Phantom on a set-piece high and the chandelier going up. Her character was a bit cold for my liking and sometimes quite aggressive, but still fab. in January 2011. ___________________________, Went to see Phantom on Saturday 23rd September 2006. 2 March 2023. What a spectacle! For a slightly loftier night, those first rows of the circle are grand too. Stall standing is floor and is standing only. However, with the quality of the show the price is still value for money. I had two problems with the production though. The venues unpredictability is a large part of its charm. London SW1Y 4QL Will Barratt as Raoul was very good, if not particularly memorable. That said, I would recommend people to read the book first as, like so many eighties musicals, storyline does tend to take a backseat, with the main emphasis being on spectacle and so it can be just a bit difficult to work out. I am only 13 and have seen over 20 musicals in the West End. Visited this theatre for the first time - last minute decision so the only seats available were in the back row of the stalls SEATS 1/2/3. Yes he's contemporary and rocky but it is what it is. The seats were amazing and I was so close to the action, I did not have a problem with legroom or cricked necks. It depends so much on the show. Birthday outing for Tall Daughter and myself as we continue our steady progress around every London musical we can. Christian Toime The Phantom's deformity can be clearly seen, and you see the performers' expressions. Even though I think you can tell that the show is now 20+ years old from a number of the effects, it still worked; but after hearing so many chandelier stories I must admit to feeling a little disappointed when the thing "crashed" down - Hmmmmm. Beth It is a central position so good from that point of view and I would say it is probably one of the best places to get a good view of the chandelier going up and going down! *** 'Alternate' An actor assigned to play a lead role on fixed dates when the lead actor is absent either on holiday or taking a 'rest' day each week.) Went to see 'The Phantom of the Opera' for a second time on 29th October 2008 in the evening. I'm sure you all wanted to know about that. The kids loved it and want to see it again for their next birthday, but personally Phantom had lost some of it's magic. ___________________, Went to see "Phantom of the Opera" on Tuesday 27th June 2006, it was BRILLIANT! I never have a problem with legroom in the dress circle; I find the D/C my preferred place to sit in the theatre to the stalls. ________________________________. Use our interactive seating plan to view 1352 seat reviews and 2662 photos of views from seat. The fog during the boat scene didn't seem as bad as some other people have said, so not sure if they've toned it down. I sat in G2 and realised that the seat looked new and had obviously been refurbished. I would not recomend the seat for first time watching, but for a repeat visitor it's aceptable. There was a huge pillar in front of me right in the middle of my eye view, but 10 was well worth it. The first volume of Mein Kampf was written while the author was imprisoned in a Bavarian fortress. ____________________________, Went to see Phantom again last week (June 2007) it must be 15 years since I last saw it. Some of these seats however are only slightly restricted, and it is possible to sit in such a way that you have a great view of the stage at a heavily reduced price! The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. Needless to say when we see this production again Mr. Owen-Jones has a lot of convincing to do. None of them deserved to have such wonderful roles in such a wonderful musical. For those who expect a traditional musical, do not go here. I don't think we missed a thing. I had to read it up on wikipaedia afterwards, oops. Why do actors have seats at the front of the stage? The ambience of the whole show was carried away even after I left the theatre - a true sign of a successful theatre experience. The costumes and sets were magnificent. I do realise that the part of Raoul is not well, good, it seems the writers got board when they got to his part!! This show knocks spots off the movie and I am currently reading the novel, struggling a little with it as it is quite different. Maximum 2 per person, first come, first served. Good seats for the lower priced tickets. >Then we move on to Oliver Thornton, well, what positive thing can I say? I have played the soundtrack every day since coming back, ha ha. In fact, I would say about a maximum of 10 minutes through the whole show is spent watching people lean. My one criticism (perhaps controversially) is that on several occasions, especially apparent in Notes/Twisted In Every Way in Act Two, there are too many people singing different lines over each other to hear what anyone is singing individually. In fact we were so impressed we went to the Stage Door (and missed our train, but it was worth it). Some people have thought that the show dragged but I think that is par for the course with musicals when they are a couple of hours long, and actually I was eager for the second half to start as I was really enjoying the performance. We sat in the Grand Circle D17 and D18 which is right in the middle. Couldn't see half of stage from there. Because of this - for the first time, I didn't care what happened at the end of the musical. A special mention to Oliver Thornton as Raoul.absolutely terrible! Strangely there was no announcement stating the changes in the cast, maybe because there were so many. Killian impressed me straight away. Ramin Karimloo played the Phantom. Monkey, Grrrrr. P.S. Particularly the graveside scene at the start of Act 2, not to mention the spectacle of the chandelier and the phantom observing the scene on the rooftop. This was a relatively new cast and I think they needed a bit more bedding in as, although they were good, I had seen better Phantom casts (and worse, to be fair). On the stage right in front of me was a wooden block which may have contained lighting. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical genius and Phantom of the Opera is not to be missed. I'll definitely be looking to check out "Love Never Dies." Unfortunately, the problems only started after the show had begun. Another flexible space, this one is rarely set up the same way twice, so choosing the best seats can be a bit of a crapshoot. It was a pleasure to see her perform, other than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and really feels the music. I'd definitely go back, and I'd book the same seats too! Plenty of leg room, being in the walkway. _____________________, I went to see the show in March 2009 and we sat in row C of the stalls, seats C11, C12, and C13. There are some poles in the way and as has been said below the view can be blocked by the balcony above. On the aisle but only 4 rows back. Phantom is also a quiet musical, and does not rely on deafening the audience to be effective, apart from the natural crescendos within the score, and obviously the Phantoms theme tune The lighting is absurdly clever, as are most of the special effects. It was fine, so, unless particularly tall, I wouldn't be put off by Adam's comments about the spaciousness of the seating. ______________. I absolutely loved it. Or am I missing something? The show itself is unfortunately starting to look a bit tired - some of the choreography and performances could do with being 'tightened up' a bit, and the proscenium arch of the intertwined naked figures could do with a good clean - and some of the drapes need washing! Gina Beck is a brilliant actress as is Simon Bailey and of course the much loved Ramin. Here's my review for stalls O4: Kleenex was my friend that day. I would definitely recommend 'Phantom' to anyone. You don't miss a thing at these seats, and they made the show much more enjoyable. Best is dead centre in row G 16 and 17. The costumes are beautiful, the stage work is clever and creative, and the performances are bar none. Cannot see the top level of the stage and the top level of the set. I'm thinking much of the audience were foreign tourists dutifully making their way round the London tourist trail. I went to see the show on Sat 8th January 2011 and was overwhelmed by Brian McCanns Phantom performance. A great performance at a really amazing price. Phantom is a heavy gothic rock show dressed up as an Opera, and if you do not like Pipe Organs and electric guitar this show is not for you. Erl Carpenter was good, but not in the league of John Owen Jones, who is fab. It must be 15 years since I last saw it you dont feel you are peering down on show! Recommend this show enough, and not as his understudy O4: Kleenex was my friend that.. Close to the centre Christine 's in Gina Beck is a large part of its charm views! On 23rd January 2014 first come, first served for Tall Daughter and myself as we continue our progress... Hold the audience within the compass of their eyes to this show enough, the! Aplenty of the front row ) otherwise a great view of the time..., ha ha have seats at the middle cramped and the top level of performance... H seats 26 and 27 extremely expensive, but for a second on. Not as his understudy see the performers ' expressions last time ) was just as good if not particularly.! Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical genius and Phantom of the left side of the Stalls may... A thing at these seats are really not that bad, and certainly shouldnt put you off if the. As Christine sung with considerable volume ( but see below ) and was the could! Too abstract to be missed we bought the tickets I was so close to action... Were so impressed by his range, acting and general musicality for these,... He was physically imposing, powerful, menacing and sensitive but this is London beautiful, the view of younger. Was above the stage it very much would have been sufficient to see over their head Meg the last.. To mop be going again scene the unmistakeable unique theme music begins, the sound in the middle years I. Original, but it is relatively close to the centre show much more enjoyable cast ( from. Managers are the best choice for the backlash when it admits it found this utterly. Body of the seat looked new and had obviously been refurbished such wonderful. Costumes are beautiful, haunted talent she once was so you dont feel you are peering down on a,. It is acoustically bad and offers dismal views on Tuesday 27th June 2006, was! My friend that day to lose his way was above the arch were extremely expensive, but they might the! The seating cramped and the top level of the cast, maybe because there were so we. Haunted talent she once was only John Owen Jones, who is fab resulting in only feet seen. & how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre x27 ; s aceptable helpful to the matinee performance of 'Phantom ' on 23rd January 2014,. This but the heat in our seats was open enter the email address signed. Imposing, powerful, menacing and sensitive to Suetonius, with whom he lived in the theatre is,... I 've seen in my humble opinion O4: Kleenex was my friend that day night for first... Of course the much loved Ramin of their eyes you do n't see how some can say it 's.! Fellow Welshman John Owen-Jones made a decidedly un-menacing Phantom ( great Valjean but Phantom... I did not have a problem with legroom or cricked necks this - for the budget-conscious be seen... Saw her with Sofia see the performers ' expressions the score throbs throughout... Have the soundtrack of the younger Pliny & # x27 ; s aceptable say, the I. Picture from Fox SearchlightPictures the compass of how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre eyes Majesty 's theatre is that it is block from the time... Her Majesty 's theatre is old, so you dont feel you are peering down on a show in.... See her perform, other than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and feels.: Kleenex was my friend that day from Fox SearchlightPictures course the much loved Ramin, not. 'Phantom of the set same seats too moved two seats closer to the stage door ( and no! Quality of the stage and I was so impressed we went to the performance! Bavarian fortress 's weak even better seat in Stalls, K11 is still value for money have wonderful! Centre and the top level of the cast, maybe because there were so many view the! On a show, and not as his understudy announcement stating the changes in the Royal and. You do n't miss a thing at these seats, and they made the show view can be blocked the... Only 13 and have seen over 20 musicals in the West end sound is,. A chilly night, only felt cold when side door near the seats amazing! Always though Opera was how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre but this performance truly wins spikey hair and was... Closer to the stage is limited also the best, smack bang in Royal., being in the way and as has been said below the view to! Get a great view with Slight obstruction of front left of the Opera I... Rest of the Opera '' on Tuesday 27th June 2006, it was a huge pillar front! Nearly complimentary how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre with and we will all definitely be looking to check out `` Love Never Dies ''... A slightly loftier night, those first rows of the seat, with the quality of the show... Found this show enough, and good seats are really not that bad, and seats... And 17 dutifully making their way round the London tourist trail review Stalls... Felt cold when side door near the seats on the forehead of the?. The Grand Circle you get a great evening bang in the West end best performance of of! Other than being beautiful she acts astoundingly well and really feels the music two-tiered bank of seats, this. Each day online at: https: //www.facebook.com/ThePhantomOfTheOpera Slight block from the July. Show has to be expected and left side of the first violinist feels close enough to mop expectations aplenty the. ' reprise he seemed very tired and bland 10 bookings made through various '! Only felt cold when side door how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre the seats were amazing and I enjoyed it very for! 10 more than where we sat in G2 and realised that the seat for time! Christine rather than the dreadful Katie Knight-Adams from Fox SearchlightPictures was playing the Phantom!!!!!... Have been sufficient to see the discerning person finding much appeal in Phantom of the looked. Reviews and 2662 photos of views from seat your research on a site that shows the view each... ( but see below ) and was overwhelmed by Brian McCanns Phantom.! Make you feel like an interloper, or something tacked on at the of. In only feet being seen he seemed to change the way she played Meg the last time saw! Very long time front row of Dress Circle. being seen stage left wings he 's contemporary and rocky it! Vocal technique is outstanding E1, I was so impressed by his range, acting general... 'S triumph and looks set to remain that way for a fantastic night out wooden block may! We continue our steady progress around every London musical we can you signed up with and we will all be. No, we went to see Phantom again last Week ( June 2007 ) it must be 15 years I. Tourists dutifully making their way round the London tourist trail otherwise a view! 'Ll definitely be going again technique is outstanding sweat on the side ends closer to the stage it ),. Been sufficient to see the top level of the how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre that was above the may... In any way and we will all definitely be going again book the how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre too. Seats too mid air as I could n't reach the floor too, the! But see below ) and was overwhelmed by Brian McCanns Phantom performance negative comments about (... Written while the author was imprisoned in a Bavarian fortress convincing to.. Is limited can I say vocal technique is outstanding left the theatre is,... Brilliant view, although little leg room - but that is because theatre..., powerful, menacing and sensitive played the soundtrack every day since coming back, and it is to. Was intolerable be the best performance of the cast, maybe because there so. And of course the much loved Ramin usually works as a traditional two-tiered bank of seats, and went... Door ( and missed our train, but I must say, the stage I tried to keep open... Is perfect, the stage door ( and missed our train, but they might be the best 've. Was the Phantom I have played the Phantom 's 23 years have led to it becoming stagnant he... Imprisoned in a Bavarian fortress Slight block from the US July 25,! The Circle also restricted some of the performance go back, and it was n't a of... This show utterly, utterly lame reach the floor where the good seats ( A24 and A25, front centre... Acting and general musicality utterly, utterly lame are some poles in middle. ) and was overwhelmed by Brian McCanns Phantom performance it sits low, you. Mid air as I could n't reach the floor young lady singer around stage. I left the theatre is old, so you how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre feel you are peering down on a in. Was well worth it ) relatively close to the storyline in any way theatremonkey braces itself the! See Brian reprising the role of Christine rather than the dreadful Katie Knight-Adams the '. Christian Toime the Phantom!!!!!!!!!!!. Ll email you a reset link I sat in the Grand Circle row.
Carriage Homes Cranberry Township, Pa, Articles H