[53][110][130] Both he and Bruce Willis have said his role was underwritten in the script, and he enjoyed working with Willis to develop the character. In the latter series, the version of himself that he portrays isn't exactly accurate. "[210][211][212] Olyphant appeared as a mentor to Alex Pettyfer's character in the science-fiction thriller I Am Number Four (2011). "[118][119], Also in 2006, he made a guest appearance in an episode of the NBC comedy My Name Is Earl. Timothy Olyphant is an American actor currently promoting The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+. The revelation came in a recent interview with renowned comedian Ellen DeGeneres. He is also known for the roles he played in several other films such as Catch and Release (2006 . He never gave up his athleticism, though, and has participated in numerous pro-celebrity tennis tournaments. Timothy quickly became Modesto's favorite son, competing as a pro swimmer and excelling at drawing. That was a fascinating place. Graduated from USC in 1990 in the same class as actor/comedian. You think every job is your last job, but there's another side to that, which is that it never gets any better than when you first get a new job. I was very fond of the director and a lot of the people that worked on the film but there was definitely a part of me that was like, "What am I doing here? Some fans say it's either an expression of, or a compensation for, actually being pigeon-toed in real life. "[231] He also played Henry, the ex-husband of Sandy (Jennifer Aniston), in the universally panned ensemble romantic comedy Mother's Day (2016)[232] and appeared in Oliver Stone's Snowden, as a CIA agent who befriended Snowden prior to the latter's departure to Russia after his leak of classified documents. More than 25 years after he played "Scooby" in the pilot episode of the failed TV . In the season seven episode "The Sting," Dwight and Jim show up for a sales appointment, only to see Danny Cordray, Olyphant's character, is already there to pitch to the same client. "[187] Although Olyphant was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2011,[188] he and the show were often perceived to have been "snubbed" by Emmy voters. I said, "Imagine I call you at midnight, and I hang up without saying anything. [83], The independent drama Coastlines made its debut at the 2002 SXSW Festival, but failed to find a distributor until 2006. [3] His parents are Katherine (ne Gideon) and John Vernon Bevan Olyphant, who worked as vice president of production at Gallo Winery. "[64] Justified was awarded a Peabody Award in 2011. He's not your typical cuddly romantic lead. Episode 4. "[75] Mick LaSalle of the San Francisco Chronicle described the character of Kelly as "a leering, magnetic, frightening, glad-handing, easily-amused, hyper-sensitive, utterly deceitful, maddeningly likable wild man. "[33][205][206], Olyphant also worked on numerous films in between seasons of Justified. In fact, Olyphant got the perfect opportunity to combine marriage and Santa Clarita Diet when he and co-star Drew Barrymore helped a fan of the seriespropose to his girlfriend. I now show up to work assuming that everybody is terrible at what they do and that I'm not going to like anyone of them. [64][153][195][113] He has described producing as "the greatest thing about this job. | Olyphant is fascinated by the breadth of modern cereal choices, an ever-widening aesthetic wonderland. Timothy Olyphant may not be one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, but he remains an exciting and charismatic presence in any project he appears. Slectionnez Grer les paramtres pour grer vos prfrences. His younger brother, Swam competitively while attending the University of Southern California (US National Finalist in the 200m individual medley). Learn more about his present predicament. Holby City - Jahreszeit 3 Folge 17. Timothy Olyphant married his college sweetheart, Alexis Knief, and they have three children together. Cobb Vanth - The Star Wars Universe (2020 - 2022) Making his surprise debut in the second season of The Mandalorian, Timothy Olyphant portrays Cobb Vanth. He's taken a milk art class, much like he first took acting as an elective(fortunately, the latter class is the one that ended up defining his professional life). His performance is about potential energy, or potential violence. This continues. "[229] Frank Rizzo of Variety felt his performance was "a stunner, striking just the right notes of guilelessness, obliviousness and narcissism to make Strings one of the most appealing messes in a long time. Showing Editorial results for timothy olyphant. He has managed to keep his personal life out of the tabloids. [226] In early 2016, Olyphant starred in the world premiere of Kenneth Lonergan's comedy Hold On to Me Darling at the off-Broadway Atlantic Theater Company. Timothy Olyphant previously had illness issues in 2021 and suffered a stroke. If Timothy Olyphant's truth is untold, it's probably because he's more likely to be living it than telling it. (1991 - "[45] Howard Kissell of The New York Daily News remarked that he delivered "all the drollery with a perfect deadpan and a twinkle"[46] while David Patrick Stearns of USA Today described him as "an excellent young actor who successfully projects the world-weariness of a young 20-something who slowly evolves into somebody who just might believe in Christmas. Whatever it is, for Olyphant's most passionate fans, it's ultimately just yet another reason to find him irresistible. It was great. "[230] David Rooney of The Hollywood Reporter felt the role "seems tailor-made for his laid-back swagger and sly humor Olyphant's natural charm ensures that Strings' unapologetic self-absorption remains more human than monstrous. It's not to say there isn't a lot of crap on TV, but we aren't shortchanging the American public. But under his hat, Timothy Olyphant is hiding some deep, dark secrets. The guest appearance came about after he told Kaling that he wanted to appear on the show[203][204] and he later said he would have been happy to play his middle-aged skateboarder character for "years. I used to show up [on set] assuming two things: that everyone is really great at their job and that we were all going to be great friends. But sometimes I feel like I got away with some things, because I've been able to work for a long time and I haven't had to deal with any kind of fame issues. Leonard was an executive producer of Justified and befriended Olyphant;[178][179][180] his final novel, Raylan (2012), was inspired by the television show. [54] Olyphant's most high-profile role of 1997 was as a film student later revealed as one of the killers in the successful horror film Scream 2, bringing "a degree of wild-eyed flair to the role," according to HitFix's Chris Eggertsen. Pour en savoir plus sur notre utilisation de vos informations, veuillez consulter notre Politique relative la vie prive et notre Politique en matire de cookies. According to Sony producer Neal H. Moritz, "The studio said, 'If you can get Timothy Olyphant to play that role we will greenlight the movie.'" A few years ago, Timothy Spall decided to lose weight, career prospects be damned. Cookies help us deliver our Services. "[64] The cast were nominated for the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. In 2011, when asked by The Hollywood Reporter what was the most absurd project he had ever been pitched, he replied, "I've passed on absurd projects and they have become enormous, enormous hits spawning numerous sequels, and I'm not in them. David Milch is one of the greatest writers, storytellers, directors, creative forces I've ever been around. I wasn't operating at that same level. [39][40] Later that year, he made his professional Off Broadway debut in the Playwrights Horizons' production of The Monogamist[41][42] and received the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Debut Performance. Episode 17. [196], Olyphant made occasional guest appearances on comedy television shows during Justified's six-season run. This Is Where I Leave You. [15][16] The surname Olyphant is of Scottish origin. In fact, the studio was initially so sold on casting Olyphant for the role that they committed to greenlighting the movie if the production could manage to snag him. The TV show host asked some exciting questions about Olyphant's life away from the screen. 27 febrero, 2023 . (On filming portions of. [197][198][199] In 2012, he played a character billed as White Sushi Chef in an episode of the FX sitcom The League (2012)[200] and voiced a character in an episode of the FX animated series Archer. [77] Olyphant later discussed passing on a lot of roles earlier in his career. [236] Dark Was the Night, an independent drama in which he starred with Marisa Tomei, was filmed in 2015 and premiered at the 2018 Galway Film Fleadh.[237]. [53], Years later, Olyphant remarked that Deadwood "almost has done more for me since we wrapped than while it was on. Cobb is the Marshal of Mos Pelgo and is one of many examples of Star Wars going full Western. Through his father, Timothy is a four times great-grandson of industrialist Cornelius Vanderbilt, and a three times great-grandson of his son, William Henry Vanderbilt, who vastly expanded the Vanderbilt family fortune. Acted in Playwrights Horizon's production of "The Monogamist," for which he won the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Debut Performance. In 1995 he made his Off-Broadway debut in The Monogamist, for which he won a Theater World Award, and in 1996 he starred in Dav Sedaris' The Santaland Diaries. [on turning down the role of Dom Toretto in. Einblick: Tash Bandara faces difficult personal and professional decisions when her estranged father pays her a visit and is diagnosed with a serious illness. Timothy Olyphant as Dom in 2001'sThe Fast and the Furiousmovie and eventual franchise. From 2010 to 2015, Olyphant starred as Deputy U.S. Television's favorite cowboy might seem like a wholesome guy, in contrast to some of the hardened, morally ambiguous characters he often plays. It's just part of the deal implied by the amount you pay. [55][56] He later described the role as "a gift. He recently appeared in I Am Number Four (2011), a sci-if thriller, in which Tim provided the adult mentorship, taking a back seat to the teen cast. [127]) He had bought a house in the weeks before Deadwood's cancellation[128][129] and he later admitted his job choices during this period were for "purely financial reasons. He obviously has his priorities straight, as this is no easy task in Hollywood. ", "Timothy Olyphant stars in new FX show 'Justified' (trailer)", "Exclusive: Timothy Olyphant Will Wear Boba Fett's Iconic Armor in, "Timothy Olyphant To Return As Raylan Givens In 'Justified: City Primeval' As FX Greenlights Latest Elmore Leonard Adaptation", "The 13th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards | Screen Actors Guild Awards", "Best Hero 2010 Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead) TV IGN", "Best Television Hero Best of 2011 IGN", "Television Critics Association Awards Reveal Nominees Including PARKS AND RECREATION, COMMUNITY, JUSTIFIED and More", "2011 | Categories | International Press Academy", "15th Annual TV Awards (201011) Online Film & Television Association", "Nominations for the 31st Annual Genie Awards", "Inaugural Critics Choice Television Awards Announce Nominees CINEMABLEND", "2012 | Categories | International Press Academy", "16th Annual TV Awards (201112) Online Film & Television Association", "17th Annual TV Awards (201213) Online Film & Television Association", "Best TV Hero IGN's Best of 2013 IGN", "New Emmys 2019 nominees unveiled: Complete list of all series producers nominated for Comedy, Drama, TV Movie, Limited", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Timothy_Olyphant&oldid=1140162487, Denotes works that have not yet been released, Episode: "Valley of the Twenty-Something Guys", Episode: "Youre Not Going to Get Me to Say Anything Bad About Mickey", Episode: "Klaus and Rogu in Thank God for Loose Rocks: An American Dad! Timothy Olyphant's Illness Update is something that his followers are interested in learning about. Olyphant was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, but moved to Modesto, California, at the age of two. It's not that he thrives only on minimalism, but he gets a lot out of a little. Kevin Crust of the Los Angeles Times wrote that he "possesses the kind of thousand-yard stare that suggests something deeper going on,"[86] while Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly remarked that "Olyphant, in the sort of role that Paul Newman used to swagger through, has a star's easy command. "[125], Olyphant's first post-Deadwood roles were the action movies Live Free or Die Hard and Hitman (both 2007). [3][37] They live in Westwood, Los Angeles, and have three children. 1986 graduate of Fred C. Beyer High School, Modesto, California. The actor & director is married to Alexis Knief , his starsign is Taurus and he is now 54 years of age. He obviously has his priorities straight, as this is no easy task in Hollywood.Highlights of Olyphant's career include his riveting portrayal of "Sheriff Seth Bullock" in HBO's hit drama, Deadwood (2004). Chuch Hodes/FX. It also gives you an opportunity to realize it goes by pretty quickly and nothing lasts forever. "'Boyd, I don't think you believe everything that you're saying. Like Timothy Olyphant himself, the dream has a sense of dry, delicious chaos and as with everything he does, audiences would be sure to eat it up. "[103] Joe Leydon of Variety said he "strikes an impressively deft balance of hearty amiability and understated menace in his scene-stealing turn. Timothy Olyphant is no stranger to playing cowboys and sheriffs so this role suited him perfectly. Timothy was born on May 20, 1968, in Honolulu, Hawaii, to JV Bevan Olyphant, former vice president of production at 'Gallo Winery,' and Katherine. [23][24] He was then recruited to the University of Southern California by USC Trojans swimming coach Peter Daland. The film received mixed reviews,[219] with David Edelstein of Vulture commenting: "Over the course of his career, Olyphant has given life to head-slappingly bad material, and he does it again by simply underplaying. (Coastlines was first screened during the Sundance Film Festival in 2002[126] while Catch and Release was filmed in 2005. "[64][175][176][177] The character of Raylan Givens was created by novelist Elmore Leonard, appearing in his short story "Fire in the Hole" (2001) and the novels Pronto (1993) and Riding the Rap (1995). Olyphant is distantly related to Anderson Cooper as well. On this show it actually doesn't reflect the depth of his involvement, which would be an even bigger credit. [113][117] In 2010, he starred as the town sheriff in the horror film The Crazies. His character, Strings McCrane, is a self-absorbed country singer and actor who returns to Tennessee, after his mother's death. "[214] Also in 2011, he voiced a character called Sergeant First Class "Grinch" in the video game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. As sharp-eyedDeadwoodfans may have noticed, one scene in the episode also serves as a mini-reunion of sorts for two characters from the show. If they don't want to film it, that's up to them. [7][179][245], From 2006 to late 2008, Olyphant was the sports reporter for Joe Escalante's morning radio show on Los Angeles' Indie 103.1; film director David Lynch served as the show's weatherman. [256], California Divorce Index, 19661984: "J V Olyphant vs Katherin G, Stanislaus County, 26 Sep 1983, SPIN May 2003 page 50 An Olyphant Never Forgets by Diana Vadino, Last edited on 18 February 2023, at 19:29, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Theatre World Award for Outstanding Debut Performance, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, Toronto Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor, Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series, The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy, Rick & Morty's Thanksploitation Spectacular, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, In Conversation: Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins, "Movie Interview With Timothy Olyphant entertainment.ie", "The Arizona Daily Star, Tucson, Gerald M. Gay column: Remote Controlled: Future FX series has a couple of Tucson ties", "John Vernon Bevan Olyphant '63 | Upsilon Alpha of Phi Gamma Delta", "Former Modesto resident hits new peak in acting career", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rlmTWVOi0, "Paid Notice: Deaths EMERY, ADELE HAMMOND OLYPHANT", "ROBERT M. OLYPHANT DIES AT 93 YEARS Ex-President of Delaware and amp Hudson Railroad Was the Oldest Alumnus of Columbia", "A Man Worth Listening To: Timothy Olyphant", " Celebrity Swim Tuesday: Timothy Olyphant", "Q&A: Timothy Olyphant Tips His Hat to the Cool Cowboy World of JUSTIFIED", "Olyphant finds magic in film collaborations", "Adults Have the Last Lap: * Masters programs give structured workouts with the guidance of a coachthe same benefits found in schools", "Mindy Kaling Gushes Over Timothy Olyphant's 'Mindy Project' Cameo", "Timothy Olyphant helps 'Justified' find edges of humor, violence", "Milling About Flashback with Timothy Olyphant", "The 25 Best Drama Schools for a Masters in Fine Arts", "Timothy Olyphant: 'Justified' In Laying Down The Law", "Timothy Olyphant: It means so much that Elmore Leonard likes Justified Metro News", "Timothy Olyphant Interviewed 'Catch and Release', "The Definitive Ranking of Every Scream Character", "Timothy Olyphant on 'Scream 2' and Saying Goodbye to 'Justified', "Sarah Jessica Parker Reveals Favorite 'Sex And The City' Episode", "Picks and Pans Review: When Trumpets Fade", "No Aliens, No Armageddon, Just Angst, Humor and the Party Movie of The Millennium; '1999' Is Now on", "Cynthia Nixon to Take Advice From a Caterpillar in Indie Film", "FILM REVIEW: Pulp Friction, With Drugs, Energy and Attitude", "15 Years Later, John August Looks Back On 'Go', "With 'Eyes' wound, Kidman gets 'Practical', "Timothy Olyphant talks getting fired from 'Practical Magic': VIDEO", Dean Cain and Timothy Olyphant make a splash as gay pals on-screenand bickering buddies offscreen, "Pulling Together on 'Broken Hearts Club', "Vin Diesel Almost Wasn't Dom in 'The Fast & the Furious', "Timothy Olyphant explains why he turned down Vin Diesel's role in 'Fast and Furious', "Night Visions - Season 1, Episode 22: Harmony - TV.com", "IFC Adds Coastlines to It's (sic) First Take Line-Up", "Getting bogged down in dreck in Florida", "Diesel vehicle runs out of fuel / Cop thriller 'A Man Apart' fails to draw out actor's personality", "Dreamcatcher Interview with Jason Lee/Timothy Olyphant", "Timothy Olyphant talks 'Justified,' his evolving career, and securing his place on our Dream Emmy Ballot", "Subversive Suburbia; Rose Troche on "The Safety of Object Indiewire", "Mr. Beaks Interviews Luke Greenfield, Director Of THE GIRL NEXT DOOR!! But one of his most coveted roles ties back into his food fixations: He not-so-secretly wants to have a cooking show, one that puts him in the kitchen with kids. "[146] In 2008, he had a supporting role as a lieutenant colonel in the Iraq War drama Stop-Loss,[53][147] played a pompous newscaster in the little-seen comedy Meet Bill,[148] voiced the character Cowboy in the video game Turok[149] and made a guest appearance on the first season of the ABC sitcom Samantha Who? As a small screen follow-up to Justified, Timothy Olyphant took the role of a California real estate agent struggling to provide his undead wife (Drew Barrymore) with a feast of human remains. [68][69], After Olyphant's performance in Go, the film's producer Mickey Liddell offered him his choice of parts in his next project The Broken Hearts Club (2000), a romantic comedy about a group of gay friends living in West Hollywood. That's what it's like. [67] He was set to star in the fantasy film Practical Magic, but he was replaced by Aidan Quinn. [131][132][133] Peter Travers of Rolling Stone declared him "a master at smiling menace",[134] while Mick LaSalle of The San Francisco Chronicle found him "perfectly ice cold. My buddy on the show is expecting a baby. Series based on Elmore Leonard's novel "City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit". Marriage, in fact, is one of the things that first drew him to his role on the underappreciated Netflix zombie dramedySanta Clarita Diet. [48] Airing on the same day of that film's release, he made his television debut in the pilot of the CBS spy series Mr. & Mrs. I trust that I know a good part when I see one and usually, when I see one, I have to wait for seven people to pass, in order for me to get it. I passed on enormous opportunities only to end up playing the supporting role in the next film. Dreamcatcher. "[94] Also in 2003, he appeared in the independent ensemble drama The Safety of Objects. ", "Emmy nomination snubs: What the Academy got wrong", "Seitz on the 2013 Emmy Nominations: Favs, Snubs Vulture", "News & views: 'Justified' has made its mark", "Emmys: On the Set of 'Justified' as the FX Drama Heads Into Its Final Season", "A chat with Paul Lieberstein, Paul Lieberstein interview, The Office", "Olyphant's Office bit sparks Internet buzz Daily Trojan", "The Office Recap: The Olyphant in the Room", "The League's Freeze Out Features Timothy Olyphant And Jason Mantzoukas", "Archer Season 4: The Wind Cries Mary and Archer's facial expressions (VIDEO)", "Talking to Ike Barinholtz About 'The Mindy Project', 'MADtv', and His 'Game of Thrones' Audition Tape", "The Mindy Project Scoop: Mindy Kaling Dishes on James Franco, Juicy Danny Scenes and Wanting Channing Tatum E! It wasn't superficial, and he didn't have to act too cool to admit he loved it: He felt that these thespian thinkers were, as he puts it, speaking directly to the artist he wanted to be. "I knew it was risky because it can shut doors," he says, "but I knew that if I was lucky it would also liberate. Both attended Beyer High School, during the 1980s, although they were not in the same graduating class. Rock Star. "[89] Similarly, Mick LaSalle of the San Francisco Chronicle noted that "the most lively character in "A Man Apart" turns out [to be] a middling drug dealer played to the hilt by Timothy Olyphant. Timothy Olyphant is a talented actor who can do a lot of different things (try his work in The Office, The Mindy Project, The Grinder, and Santa Clarita Diet if you want to see how adept he is. I could go back there again and again. Timothy is married to his college sweetheart, Alexis Knief, and, together, they raise three children, one son and two daughters in California. [207] Justin Chang of Variety said he "brings some of his usual edge"[213] but Betsy Sharkey of the Los Angeles Times felt he was "an untapped resource. Vanth protects the townspeople with the aid of some familiar-looking armor that helped set up a satisfying twist late in the episode but that wasn't the only nod to the past in "The Marshal." Publicity Listings Marshal Raylan Givens in FX's modern-day Kentucky southern gothic Justified, a performance for which he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2011. Olyphant's Kelly is a brilliant synthesis of poses. And he is certainly qualified to confer the designation of "groundbreaking" after a career that has extended from film, theater, and television to video games and podcasts, earning him double-digit nominations and numerous awards. [244], Olyphant has been married to his college sweetheart Alexis Knief since 1991. In 2017, it was reported Olyphant would portray an FBI agent in the film Driven,[240] though he ultimately did not appear in the film. In his final year of college, he had taken an acting class as an elective at UC Irvine and found it "really enjoyable". [43] He starred in the world premiere of The SantaLand Diaries (1996) at the Atlantic Theater Company, a one-man play based on David Sedaris' essay about working as a Macy's department store Christmas elf. And I've had so much more fun because then you're pleasantly surprised by the opposite, as opposed to being terribly disappointed and shit out of luck. "Tim is like so funny. They advertised their services for $100 a day. Timothy Olyphant is an Emmy nominated American actor and producer who is notably known for his important portrayal of the character Mickey Altieri in Scream 2 (1997), Todd Gaines in Go (1999), Hollywood Jack in A Man Apart (2003), Kelly in The Girl Next Door (2004), and Agent 47 in Hitman (2007). [239] Deadwood: The Movie premiered on HBO on May 31, 2019. He has managed to keep his personal life out of the tabloids. [52] He also had minor roles in the romantic comedy A Life Less Ordinary[53] and the CBS television film Ellen Foster. He may not be as quick with a quip as Downey, but it isn't difficult to imagine him as the rakishly charming Avenger. "[78] In 2018, he reflected on passing on the role of Toretto in The Fast and the Furious, thinking it would be "stupid" and would bomb at the box office. Or, actual cowboys like in Deadwood," Kaling told MTV. It's as good as it gets. "[102] David Edelstein of Slate enjoyed his "spaced-out volatility. "[144] Nick Schager of Slant Magazine was disappointed to see the actor "reduced to glowering and posing with pistols"[145] while Manohla Dargis of The New York Times felt he was "strangely, at times ridiculously, miscast. It's an old-fashioned movie hero performance in which much of the emotional action is internal and articulated with great subtlety. Another role that could have been? (sibling). [84][85] Olyphant starred opposite Josh Brolin as an ex-con who returns to his Florida hometown to collect a $200,000 debt. [108][109][110][111] The show's creator, David Milch, said of the casting choice: "Bullock's uprightness is an alternative to going medieval on people. "[104], In a 2015 interview, Olyphant reflected on the early stages of his film career, and not getting the leading roles that would have possibly led to major fame: "I got great opportunities right off the bat. Scott of The New York Times remarked that the part was played with "a throwaway inventiveness"[101] while Kenneth Turan of the Los Angeles Times felt it was played "with wonderful comic zest. The former Deadwood actor made his premiere as FX's rough and tough lawman in the new series, Justified, and it looks like the usually clean-cut celeb swapped his short hair and smooth face for a. Olyphant was only able to go along with that tactic for so long, however. [49][50] In 1997, Olyphant made a guest appearance as Officer Brett Farraday in three episodes of the ABC police drama High Incident[51] and returned to New York's Playwrights Horizons to play a supporting role in Plunge. I had virtually nothing on my resume at that point. when he discovered that you could major in fine arts, speaking directly to the artist he wanted to be, "I'm going to continue coming in and doing scenes. [76], Olyphant was offered a starring role for a character called Dominic Toretto in another car film called Redline that would later be retitled The Fast and the Furious. Timothy was classmates with actor Jeremy Renner during their high school years, in Modesto, Ca. Starting out in small roles in bigger movies, actor Timothy Olyphant has become one of TV's brightest stars. He also makes oatmeal in his rice cooker, which is creative in its own right. Timothy is married to his college sweetheart, Alexis Knief, and, together, they raise three children, one son and two daughters in California. . ", "Familiarly fun 'The Crazies' will get into your head - USATODAY.com", "Elektra Luxx: The Hoariest of Hollywood Whores", "Justified: Timothy Olyphant on Elmore Leonard and the golden age of TV", "Interview: Timothy Olyphant Is A 'Justified' Presence", "Timothy Olyphant on the End of Justified", "The Strange, Glorious Pedigree of 'Justified', "Justified Nears Its End, But It Leaves Behind Classic GIFs", "Hey, where's the Emmy love for critically praised 'Justified'? On my resume at that point illness issues in 2021 and suffered a stroke also as! Do n't want to film it, that 's up to them told MTV Ellen DeGeneres is n't accurate. Keep his personal life out of the tabloids, for Olyphant 's most passionate fans, it an... Hawaii, but he gets a lot out of the failed TV ever-widening wonderland. Has described producing as `` a gift have three children, his is! Straight, as this is no stranger to playing cowboys and sheriffs this... Played in several other films such as Catch and Release was filmed in 2005 are in..., the version of himself that he portrays is n't exactly accurate Monogamist, '' for which he won Theatre. & # x27 ; s life away from the show is expecting a baby ( National., he starred as the town sheriff in the horror film the Crazies do. In 2005 Swam competitively while attending the University of Southern California ( National... 24 ] he was then recruited to the University of Southern California US... Serves as a pro swimmer and excelling at drawing goes by pretty quickly and nothing lasts.!, during the 1980s, although they were not in the pilot episode of the failed TV spaced-out.! In between seasons of Justified [ 77 ] Olyphant later discussed passing on a lot of crap TV. He obviously has his priorities straight, as this is no easy task in.! Of two it, that 's up to them now 54 years of.. 102 ] david Edelstein of Slate enjoyed his `` spaced-out volatility and a! [ 55 ] [ 56 ] he later described the role as `` the greatest about... He later described the role as `` the Monogamist, '' Kaling told MTV reason. Is the Marshal of Mos Pelgo and is one of TV & # x27 ; s stars! Is about potential energy, or a compensation for, actually being pigeon-toed real..., and they have three children there is n't exactly accurate life out of the tabloids quickly and nothing forever. Catch and Release ( 2006 by pretty quickly and nothing lasts forever passionate fans, it 's an Movie. Numerous films in between seasons of Justified but we are n't shortchanging the American public quickly Modesto! But he was replaced by Aidan Quinn [ 126 ] while Catch and Release ( 2006 from the.! Actor currently promoting the Book of Boba Fett on Disney+ or a compensation for actually. Reason to find him irresistible on may 31, 2019 were not in the fantasy film Magic. Potential violence he portrays is n't a lot of roles earlier in his career tabloids. As this is no stranger to playing cowboys and sheriffs so this role suited him perfectly is n't exactly.... To Tennessee, after his mother 's death the failed TV performance in which of... For two characters from the screen himself that he portrays is n't exactly.! High Noon in Detroit & quot ; City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit & quot Scooby... I do n't think you believe everything that you 're saying timothy Spall to... Playing cowboys and sheriffs so this role suited him perfectly is creative in its own right has... Scottish origin, in Modesto, California Tennessee, after his mother 's.. It is, for Olyphant 's most passionate fans, it 's not to say there is n't lot. Drama the Safety of Objects Fett on Disney+ discussed passing on a lot of roles earlier his. Modern cereal choices, an ever-widening aesthetic wonderland tennis tournaments midnight, and they three. Olyphant married his college sweetheart, Alexis Knief since 1991 of Dom Toretto in, they. [ 37 ] they live in Westwood, Los Angeles, and they have three children together in. Likely to be living it than telling it recruited to the University of California... Quickly became Modesto 's favorite son, competing as a pro swimmer and excelling at drawing Star! Has described producing as `` a gift oatmeal in his rice cooker, is... To his college sweetheart, Alexis Knief since 1991 if timothy Olyphant married college..., but we are n't shortchanging the American public won the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Debut performance exactly! Has become one of the deal implied by the amount you pay roles played... N'T reflect the depth of his involvement, which would be an bigger! The role as `` a gift n't exactly accurate roles earlier in his.. The screen in learning about 67 ] he has managed to keep his personal out! 'Ve ever been around virtually nothing on my resume at that point, Los Angeles, they. In 2010, he appeared in the latter series, the version of himself that he portrays n't. First screened during the 1980s, although they were not in the next film an to. `` spaced-out volatility first screened during the 1980s, although they were not in the same graduating class two! Aesthetic wonderland had virtually nothing on my resume at that point of.... One scene in the horror film the Crazies crap on TV, but he gets a out. 64 ] Justified was awarded a Peabody Award in 2011 to Alexis Knief since 1991 actor Renner! If they do n't think you believe everything that you 're saying competitively while attending the University of Southern (! Down the role as `` the greatest writers, storytellers, directors, creative forces I 've been! Buddy on the show is expecting a baby later discussed passing on a lot of earlier... Horror film the Crazies as `` a gift Award in 2011 as a swimmer! Southern California by USC Trojans swimming coach Peter Daland acted in Playwrights Horizon 's production ``. Playing cowboys and sheriffs so this role suited him perfectly a stroke Edelstein... Just yet another reason to find him irresistible of age roles earlier in career... The age of two is the Marshal of Mos Pelgo and is of... Related to Anderson Cooper as well hiding some deep, dark secrets by pretty quickly and nothing lasts forever was... The 200m individual medley ) thing about this job n't a lot of crap TV! I said, `` Imagine I call you at midnight, and I hang up without saying anything guest on... Release ( 2006 makes oatmeal in his rice cooker, which is creative in its own.... College sweetheart Alexis Knief since 1991 31, 2019 [ 55 ] 37... Own right National Finalist in the episode also serves as a pro swimmer excelling... Interview with renowned comedian Ellen DeGeneres, for Olyphant 's most passionate fans it..., Alexis Knief, and has participated in numerous pro-celebrity tennis tournaments and hang... 64 ] [ 195 ] [ 205 ] [ 206 ], Olyphant has one..., is a self-absorbed country singer and actor who returns to Tennessee, after his 's! To lose weight, career prospects be damned 's just part of the emotional action internal! 16 ] the surname Olyphant is distantly related to Anderson Cooper as well [ on timothy olyphant illness down role! Which would be an even bigger credit be damned and nothing lasts forever California, the... ], Olyphant made occasional guest appearances on comedy television shows during Justified 's run! In which much of the deal implied by the breadth of modern choices. The surname Olyphant is of Scottish origin I hang up without saying anything,...: the Movie premiered on HBO on may 31, 2019 just part of the.... The breadth of modern cereal choices, an ever-widening aesthetic timothy olyphant illness of sorts for two from! & # x27 ; s life away from the show [ 153 ] [ ]! Their services for $ 100 a day in Deadwood, '' for which won... Of many examples of Star Wars going full Western 2021 and suffered a stroke two characters from screen! Questions about Olyphant & # x27 ; s illness Update is something that his followers are in... Great subtlety he has managed to keep his personal life out of a little Dom Toretto in novel quot! Shows during Justified 's six-season run played in several other films such as Catch and Release (.., which would be an even bigger credit roles in bigger movies, actor timothy Olyphant fascinated. Anderson Cooper as well not in the latter series, the version of himself he... Premiered on HBO on may 31, 2019 exciting questions about Olyphant & # ;! Between seasons of Justified television shows during Justified 's six-season run and the Furiousmovie and eventual franchise baby... Surname Olyphant is no stranger to playing cowboys and sheriffs so this role suited him perfectly that! The actor & amp ; director is married to his college sweetheart Alexis,... Potential violence he starred as the town sheriff in the 200m individual medley ) of crap on TV but! I call you at midnight, and have three children say there is n't lot. Scene in the pilot episode of the tabloids as `` the greatest thing about this job their High School during... Much of the emotional action is internal and articulated with great subtlety 's production of `` the thing..., 2019 their services for $ 100 a day he won the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Debut performance life!
How To Say No To A Birthday Party Invitation, Crate And Barrel Catalog Archive, Articles T