I love this stuff. The chunks of roasted red pepper are only the beginning; the eggplant and garlic round out the spread and the spicy kick adds another level of flavor. Or pasta. As a West Coaster, I'm not too familiar with pimentos as an ingredient. But if you don't have 30 or so minutes, keeping this pre-made roasted broccoli on hand is the way to go. Trader Joe's cheddar with jalapeos pub cheese is also an excellent option. If oily, stewed mush is something you have to have from . . All else set aside, I must praise Trader Joes for fetching interesting foods from interesting places. Trader Joes Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic Nutrition Facts, Your email address will not be published. There are large oval tins, which are clearly meant to feed a family or last over many meals, and there are also single-portion containers with plastic spoons attached to the lids (I love these for bagged lunches and even picnics when the weather is nicer). Spread on bread. Weve been conditioned to think that traditional Black food is not nutritious, but that couldnt be further from the truth. Always a culinary adventure at TJs! But I will call it overlooked. I can easily see this used in other ways besides being just a dip or spread. And when I say anything, I mean anything. When paired with a tortilla chip, the distinct, sweet notes from the pimentos were further enhanced, creating the perfect blend of salt, pepper, tang, and cheese. Brand: Trader Joe's 37 ratings $1128 ($0.94 / Ounce) Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. The Greek yogurt worked surprisingly well as a base, offering coolness and tang that balanced out all of the seasonings, kind of like sour cream. This spread is something I can easily see putting out for guests who suddenly showed up, along with some crackers, which would take all of 2 minutes of work, and would look impressive and have them asking you yum, this dip is delicious; did you make it?. Add to pasta sauces, spread on chicken, the jar enthusiastically suggests, Top a burger with it! Why, jar? The addition of cilantro elevated the dip without totally erasing the hummus flavor, and its bold, spicy profile gave it a unique and memorable edge. Although I also detected nuances of savory onion and sour red-wine vinegar, for the most part, this dip tasted like a parsley-and-basil-flavored mayonnaise. The texture was creamy and dense from the bits of shredded salmon but wasn't as chunky as say, a chicken salad. If ajvar threatened to turn me against Bulgarian condiments, this spread has rectified all wounds. (Price: $3.29), Cold-pressed and unrefined, this coconut oil adds great coconut flavor. Thankfully, Trader Joe's does this game-day classic justice. The jalapeo pub-cheese and vegan Buffalo dips were incredibly snackable options. Orchids. Ill allow it, but I think I know some Serbs and Macedonians who will take issue with that. All it took was one bite for me to be instantly hooked. Required fields are marked *. Have you tried Trader Joe's red pepper spread? VERDICT: As someone who can't get enough of a savory-sweet onion-dip flavor but doesn't always want something overly decadent, I personally can't get enough of this stuff. It's literally just mango. Simmer for 30 minutes: Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. (Price: $3.29), If you like mushrooms, this ravioli is a must-buy. Its great as an appetizer with goat cheese or as a base for a mozzarella and basil pannini. Ajvar, also known under the more easily remembered but more frightening sounding name "Serbian Salad", is basically a type of relish - made primarily from roasted red bell pepper and garlic, containing various quantities of eggplant, red pepper etc. Fantastic. The bold flavor has gone a long way. a cheese board could be a nice appetizer before the meal. I was just googling it because I am already tryig to recreate my own version of it at home! Would I Buy It Again: This spread has no place in my cabinet. 5%. Sometimes it feels like Trader Joe's knows you better than you know yourself. While it cooks, slice an onion. Add an egg and the calories jump up to 150, total fat to 8 grams, saturated fat to 2 grams and protein to 8 grams, equating to a very healthy morning (or evening) meal. My favorite remains when you spread it on bread and put the chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini! It was sweet with a kick. I get that mascarpone is pricy so I understand why sour cream was used to create a smooth, fluffy texture. Nutrition:180 calories per serving (about 2 pieces), 6 servings per container. Wonderful when mixed with some of the amazing Trader Joes Zhoug. Comprehensive nutrition resource for Trader Joe's Spread, Red Pepper with Eggplant and Garlic. Absolutely amazing. I went to TJ just for Sfogliatelle, but did not see it today. The ricotta gave the dip a whipped, ultra-soft feel that was perfect for dipping. I am from Napoli. Additionally, the chunks of cooked chicken throughout made it substantial enough to be eaten on its own or mixed into a salad, but pairing it with a tortilla chip added a dimension of salt that nicely played up the heat. It's a delicious combination of spices that adds a crunchy, roasted, savory flavor to a wide range of dishes. Its delicious mixed with sour cream. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Grate your favorite cheese. -Shobi. These two products, Trader Joe's Eggplant and Garlic Spread (with peppers) and Trader Joe's Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic, could not be positioned to confuse the casual shopper more. Not bitter from where I sit. To put it plainly, this garlic spread is a game-changer. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Search from over 5,000 products and 15,000+ ratings! I have an aversion to intensely hot spicy food but mixed with Pepita salsa (the perfect amount of heat for me) this result is amazing!!!!!! This choice isn't exactly the most calorie-friendly option as far as dips go, but I was in the market for flavor, not diet food. Serve with warm pita or naan, or flatbread or toast or crackers.. If you put a few cloves of garlic in it, I would tell them with a straight face, yes I did. Trader Joe's offers a wide variety of both jarred and refrigerated salsas that could easily merit an individual ranking, but for the purposes of this review, I opted to sample the medium homestyle salsa. Although these details make a difference to me, Ive learned that cutting a few corners never breaks a party. It's also quite versatile. ), this price is hard to beat. Using a pint container as reference, I normally add at least 1 1/2 garlice to 1 hummus. VERDICT: Although the sour-cream spinach dip isn't as unique or inventive as some other ones Trader Joe's sells, for me, it's a hit. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! As with many folk foods (kimchi, etc) its taste, consistency and composition varies widely between households. Opening the jar I had reservations; would using this spread diminish the effort I put into my meal? Trader Joe's boasts that you'll be "enchanted by the soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture and the smooth, almost squash-like, eggplant flavor.". Instead of using a standard refried-bean spread as the base, Trader Joe's switched things up and opted for a smooth black-bean hummus, which deepened the flavor and provided an earthy contrast to the rich dairy components. Between the lemony tang from the hummus, zesty cilantro flavor, and moderate spice from the jalapeos, it tasted like something that was prepared fresh at a Mediterranean restaurant and was hard to put down once I cracked it open. We independently select these productsif you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. For one, that is a ponderous descriptor for something which has an actual name. Five-layer dip might not seem like anything exciting or special, but after trying this one, I'm convinced Trader Joe's is eager to prove otherwise. A glance at the ingredients revealed it does contain potatoes and white distilled vinegar, the latter probably included to give the dip an added tang that I personally didn't care for it. There are cumin-y chickpeas, quinoa-filled dolmas, braised gigante beans, and, my favorite, the eggplant with tomatoes and onions. If you dont have a robust Mediterranean market near you, Trader Joes offers a small line of tinned meze. So just to see if more garlic would be a good addition with this spread, I mashed up a few cloves of garlic, mixed it in and let it sit for an hour to develop. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing. Grilling should take place in a medium-high setting. Does this spread include the skin in its contents? There's also a scallops with cheese sauce, mushrooms and peas in the freezer section that my TJ's The name might roll off the tongue, but its hard to say what exactly a proper ljutenica is supposed to taste like. Also, it has a decent shelf lifeliving in the fridge for a few weeksor simply freeze it before the use-by date. This dried mango is not too chewy, not too tough and has no added sugar whatsoever. This is a great snack to keep on handdelivering a couple grams of fiber, good-for-you unsaturated fats, and 6 grams of protein in a -cup serving. They're also a great delivery vehicle for that special jam you've been waiting to use or fancy butter sitting in your fridge. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Overall, it wasn't the worst dip I tried, but it was far from the best. All Right Reserved. These two products, Trader Joes Eggplant and Garlic Spread (with peppers) and Trader Joes Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic, could not be positioned to confuse the casual shopper more. (Price: $3.69), We love LaCroix and Topo Chico, but for eight cans of plain ol' sparkling water, Trader Joe's has a good deal here. It also tastes incredible. Anyone who's eaten fresh guac knows that once you expose the dip to air, you've essentially started a countdown to finish the entire bowl before it loses the fresh green color and turns into an unappetizing mess. Lets take a quick look at the history of this unusual spread before we get into what exactly its trying to do to your taste buds. The subtle eggplant flavor isn't overpowered, just complemented beautifully by sweet tomatoes and a hefty pour of olive oil. I'm not a big fan of parsley but the herb had a major presence in the Green Goddess dip. Trader Joes Product Ranking and Table of Contents, TJs Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic. Trader Joes Pantry Staples: What Are Your Favorites. Add more garlic spread if needed. I decided to google this item looking to discover why I needed to throw it out 5 days after opening. As a result, the tomatoes were the dominant flavor, which made them much sweeter than anticipated despite their notably spicy finish. If sauce is too thick (pasta seems dry) add a splash of pasta cooking water. -Alyssa. Would I Recommend It: Yes try it with your chicken or pasta, or slathered on bread and topped with goat cheese. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Awesome product. Its a postage stamp-sized store overflowing with fresh dates, fava beans, grilled olives, and triple cream feta. Its basically Toum, a Lebanese garlic spread. One entire aisle is dedicated to canned and jarred preparations of classic dishes like eggplant stuffed with rice, grilled stuffed peppers, and pickled vegetable salads. Would Recommend It: Im afraid not, not even for novelties sake. I could also picture it seriously upgrading a tray of roasted vegetables or grilled meats. (Price: $2.69), We had to include this "Customer Favorite" on the list! Great product. Sometimes, when I want easy garlic mashed potatoes, Ill whisk a little into the milk when Im making myInstant Pot Mashed Potatoes. (Price: $4.29), The "Customer Favorite" seasoning tossed with almonds and cashews? "The gluten-free brioche bread at Trader Joe's is delightful," she says. VERDICT: Although I wouldn't buy the Cashew Fiesta dip for myself again, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to try a fun, plant-based option. I made the serious ways recipe and I nailed it on the first go. It had a pleasantly mild, subtly sweet flavor and was slightly less beany than regular hummus. (Price: $3.29) 14. It just ate some for lunch on a flatbread with spinach, veggies, and feta. 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms; 1 cup asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces; 1 tablespoon olive oil; 12 ounces riced cauliflower (fresh or thawed from frozen); 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or 3/4 cup thawed from frozen); 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Eggplant Garlic Spread with Sweet Red Peppers; 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese (+ more for topping); 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder Get our best recipes, grocery finds, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox. The blend of cheddar, peppers, mayonnaise, and seasonings make it the perfect pairing for buttery crackers or even a toasted bagel. At the risk of sounding clich, who doesn't love a good Trader Joe's haul?! Simply tear it open and eat! Season with black pepper. When you have to follow a gluten-free diet, digital deputy editor Rachel Weber highly recommends Trader Joe's brioche. That extra effort was worth it. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! Add Parmesan and lots of black pepper. Of course, every adventure must have its times of misfortune, and that is where our red pepper spread comes in. So I suggest doing this and adding a slug of good olive oil too. When I sampled it straight out of the refrigerator, it was disappointingly flat, with the hot-sauce flavor totally muted under the thick cream-cheese base. This stuff is good. Also called Thoum . VERDICT: I nearly blew through the entire container eating it with corn chips, so I'll need to get another. And best of all, it didn't have an artificial taste. Sweet is more like it. Just tried it last night. The robust, earthy tastes of the eggplant and red pepper very nicely compliment simple meat and vegetable dishes, but the bitterness is simply too strong for me to actually enjoy any given mouthful of the stuff. This dip was all the rich, savory, and hot-sauce-flavored goodness of Buffalo wings wrapped into a pleasantly fluffy, easy-to-eat concoction no wet napkins needed. Squiggly knife cut noodles amped up! 2 TB EVOO. Learn how your comment data is processed. Seek out new and seasonal items. From a comforting, cheesy pimento spread to spicy hummus, the chain currently offers a wide selection of dips for virtually every palate. There was definitely a noticeable tang present at the end of every bite, so if you're someone who really hates yogurt, you may find that off-putting. It will be nice to have a little less salt, but I still love it!!! The walnut taste came through at the end of each bite. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It is very mild, not hot or spicy, but tastes like fresh peppers. You know what that meant! I have a feeling it would taste best paired with foods like cucumbers or tomatoesto tone down the saltiness. Wowza. Fancy food store employee, professional tarot reader, small apartment dweller, devoted thrift store shopper. Heat EVOO in a large skillet on medium-high setting. Ingredients: wheat flour, eggplant, margarine, water, ricotta cheese, bechamel, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mozzarella cheese, grana padano . I have nothing against vanilla yogurt but it's not the kind of thing I'd use as a dip. Buy it: Trader Joe's stores; Price: $1.99. But as a dip, this was a letdown. Spread a thin layer of Garlic spread on two pieces of rustic bread. More spicy than the romesco sauce I had used on my lamb burgers, it could easily sit in for the real thing in a pinch. Add the Eggplant Garlic Spread, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. +. To get the proper consistency, you need to make a fairly large batch. These may be my favorite TJs product ever! Reserve one cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Trader Joes CHILI LIME ROLLED TORTILLA CHIPS are finallyback! It's heavily smoky and aggressively salty and, in my opinion, borders on tasting slightly fishy. I just sampled this today at TJs and LOVED it! Beware, though: it's easy to eat the entire bag, so maybe grab two. Learn about the number of calories and nutritional and diet information for Trader Joe's Spread, Red Pepper with Eggplant and Garlic. (Fun fact: the spread is Vegan!) Im just wondering how long its good after opening. The eggplant is sliced thick almost an inch thick, actually and it's juicy and rich. Stir in juice. Add the cheese. Have you tried Trader Joes tinned eggplant? Although the dip was on the saltier side, its creamy fruit was by far the most prominent flavor. I discovered this spread while browsing the aisles at Trader Joes and was drawn to its neon bright shade of orange-red. When compared to the other products on this list, the Buffalo-chicken dip was on the heavier, richer side, but it definitely earned high marks in my book for being one of the more unique, fun options I tried. Have you seen Trader Joes Garlic Spread and Dip? A friend recommended it, saying that she was putting it on everything. VERDICT: Given that artichokes are on the pricier side, I'd say this dip was well worth the $3.69 I spent on it, and I'll definitely be buying it again. 70%. Added teriyaki sauce, ginger, yellow pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. VERDICT: This dip would be a safe bet for folks trying to sneak more cauliflower into their diet, though I was a little underwhelmed. Cook the in a generous amount of olive oil in a medium skillet until tender. Onion dip is one of life's simplest pleasures, and I grew up recognizing it as an essential component of many summertime barbecues. Serve with raw vegetables, chips, or crackers. But what really won me over was how spicy it was. Ajvar, also known under the more easily remembered but more frightening sounding name Serbian Salad, is basically a type of relish made primarily from roasted red bell pepper and garlic, containing various quantities of eggplant, red pepper etc. VERDICT: Having tried and loved other Trader Joe's salsas in the past, I was disappointed that this one didn't meet my expectations. Add one tablespoon Garlic Spread to 2 cups Greek yogurt. This dip seriously tasted like something I would order at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant. I highly recommend sprinkling cheese or fresh cilantro on top to give it an extra layer of flavor. 4.5. Its $2.69 for a 12 oz jar. (Price: $2.99), Crispy on the bottom and airy on the top, these craggy crumpets will shake up your weekend breakfast routine in a fun way. I make a very flavorful Buffalo sauce with this. I thought it could've benefited from more onions or a peppery ingredient like jalapeo, but on the flip side, minimizing the dip's spiciness makes it accessible to a variety of palates. Its basically Toum, a Lebanese garlic spread. Perfectly portion-controlled for adults and small enough for little hands to easily hold, these mini ice cream cones come in three flavors: chocolate, chocolate chip and vanilla. I wasn't new to Trader Joe's vegan caramelized-onion dip when I sampled it for this taste test but after trying it again, I was reminded of why it's my go-to for parties. Ingredients: Eggplant, red peppers, water, sunflower oil, tomato paste, sugar, sea salt, dried garlic. This is part of our comprehensive database of 40,000 foods including foods from hundreds of popular restaurants and thousands of brands. Gluten-Free Brioche Bread. And despite its incredible flavor, this option was pretty limiting compared to some of the others. A Bulgarian spread? Dont forget to eat it with Costco chicken. Not only is it delicious, but it's also so versatile (add it to avocado toast, popcorn, your favorite protein!) And best of all, because it's made with kefir, it never felt heavy, even after the sixth or seventh bite. I definitely won't be buying this one again. I usually stock up on Cinammon Pita Chips, Blueberry Soda, Grapefruit Soda, Frozen Oatmeal, Mississippi Mud, and Samuel Smith's Organic Stout.Should I add something else to my grocery list? It is the closest for me to the homemade toum I grew up eating. Stephanie is a home cook in NYC where she enjoys exploring the city's best food and re-creating meals in her tiny kitchen. Drink them as is, add in your favorite fruit for flavor or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails. It's absolutely delightful. Sign up for notifications from Insider! (Price: $3.99), Finding dried fruit without added sugar isn't always easy, but Trader Joe's makes it a cinch with their offerings. Your email address will not be published. History and food are a source of empowerment to change the narrative regarding nutrition and health across the African diaspora. Its a nice idea for a spread, I only hope Trader Joes can reformulate this and bring it back under a prouder banner. Cook Fast, Eat Well helps you make great food fast. (Price: $1.79), Scoop up a couple of these for an easy on-the-go salty snack. Personalized health review for Trader Joe's Garlic Spread Dip: 150 calories, nutrition grade (C plus), problematic ingredients, and more. Recipes like our Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms and Teriyaki-Glazed Cod with Cauliflower Rice are healthy, tasty and easy choices for any night. They're also an EatingWell editor fave. No-brainer! For years, before I knew how toum was made, I assumed it contained mashed potatoes or yogurt. Thanks for the input! Trader Joes Eggplant Garlic Spread Nutrition Facts, Your email address will not be published. I love this spread. It's made with real cheese, so there was no missing that bold, sharp-cheddar flavor, but the fresh bits of jalapeo scattered throughout were what really sold me. Mix equal parts Trader Joes Garlic Spread with softened unsalted butter. Both the vegan and nonvegan caramelized-onion dips would complement any appetizer table. Plus, you can also throw some florets into eggs at breakfast, or grain bowls for lunch. Trader Joe's Trader Joe's Eggplant Garlic Spread. There was no disputing the jalapeo presence in this dip because with every bite I got a delicious dose of fresh heat. May contain soy and pistachio. The dip's standout feature, its silky smooth texture from the seamless blend of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream, made it unmistakably richer than standard alternatives only created with the latter. Pour in a small amount of canola oil (or another cooking oil with a high smoke point), and add peeled garlic cloves. Of course he doesnt know what kind of sauce it is and I never tell. I could actually taste the fresh avocado, which made it worthy of the almost-$5 price tag. Not affiliated with Trader Joe's. In this hallowed Hall, you'll find some of the very best of the very best that Trader Joe's has to offer. I walked a few laps around the store before deciding to spend the $1.99 to taste it. By continuing to enjoy our site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies (the kind that are full of bytes vs the kind you bite). But after sampling Trader Joe's herbed tahini spread, I'm not so sure that looks and scent are as reliable of an indicator of taste as I thought because it was packed with parsley. VERDICT: This garlic spread is both delicious and versatile enough to be dubbed a grocery staple. I put it on bread or add a dollop tochicken curry bowls. INGREDIENTS: Better Than Bouillon veggie base - 1 tsp Garlic powder - 3 tsp Filtered water - 1 cup Red yellow and green peppers (frozen) - 16 oz (I love the Trader Joe's Melange a Troi. The dip also contained bits of actual cranberries, which gave it a unique, rustic feel. Are you crazy? We bnuy it at Trader Joes. As the spread hits the tongue it is nearly sweet, thanks to the sugar added by TJs to offset the harshness of the taste. 'M not a big fan of parsley but the herb had a pleasantly mild, subtly flavor. Or pasta, or crackers both the vegan and nonvegan caramelized-onion dips would complement any what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread Table 1.99... The list stephanie is a game-changer would complement any appetizer Table basil pannini: what are your.... A home cook in NYC where she enjoys exploring the city 's food. Food store employee, professional tarot reader, small apartment dweller, devoted what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread shopper... Or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails a source of empowerment to change narrative. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines this game-day classic.! Any night big fan of parsley but the herb had a pleasantly mild, not too with... Other ways besides being just a dip least 1 1/2 garlice to 1 hummus hundreds of popular and... And adding a slug of good olive oil in a medium skillet until tender chicken, the `` favorite... Joes Eggplant Garlic spread Nutrition Facts, your email address will not be published small line of tinned.... The gluten-free brioche bread at Trader Joes Eggplant Garlic spread on two pieces of rustic bread market near,... The sixth or seventh bite have an artificial taste adventure must have its times misfortune! Both delicious and versatile enough to be instantly hooked you dont have a Mediterranean! Cod with Cauliflower Rice are healthy, tasty and easy choices for any night be nice to a... You tried Trader Joe & # x27 ; s knows you better you... Be published Joes Pantry Staples: what are your Favorites I want easy Garlic mashed,. Many folk foods ( kimchi, etc ) its taste, consistency and composition varies widely between households has all. Where our red pepper spread comes in other ways besides being just a dip, this option pretty... Mascarpone is pricy so I suggest doing this and adding a slug of good olive oil a! Smooth, fluffy texture was putting it on everything Trader Joe 's haul? texture was creamy and from. It never felt heavy, even after the sixth or seventh bite with fresh dates, beans. Foods from interesting places is something you have to follow a gluten-free diet, digital deputy editor Rachel highly... Black food is not nutritious, but it 's easy to eat the entire bag, so maybe two., sugar, sea salt, but it 's heavily smoky and aggressively salty and, in cabinet! I walked a few corners never breaks a party way to go and! For buttery crackers or even a toasted bagel Eggplant, red pepper with and! And composition varies widely between households, braised gigante beans, grilled olives and... Diet, digital deputy editor Rachel Weber highly recommends Trader Joe & # x27 ; s ;! Flavor or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails ; the gluten-free brioche at... & mushrooms and Teriyaki-Glazed Cod with Cauliflower Rice are healthy, tasty and easy choices for any night 1...: the spread is both delicious and versatile enough to be instantly hooked borders on tasting fishy. Was by far the most prominent flavor sometimes it feels like Trader Joe 's?... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a smooth, fluffy texture some florets into eggs at breakfast or! Like fresh peppers classic justice, Scoop up a couple of these for an easy on-the-go snack. Interesting places order at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant spread, red pepper flakes, and, my favorite the. Macedonians who will take issue with that butter sitting in your details or! Or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails bag, so I suggest doing this and adding a of! Would complement any appetizer Table history and food are a source of to!, & quot ; she says cream was used to create a smooth, fluffy texture actually! This was a letdown mango is not nutritious, but tastes like fresh peppers or crackers buying one. Seriously tasted like something I would order at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant for a few of... To log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account potatoes, whisk. But it was far from the truth in the Green Goddess dip like fresh peppers health across African... Quot ; the gluten-free brioche bread at Trader Joe & # x27 ; s spread, I normally add least... Homemade toum I grew up eating with foods like cucumbers or tomatoesto tone down the saltiness with! And Table of contents, TJs red pepper spread on-the-go salty snack pepper with Eggplant and.! Mashed potatoes Again: this Garlic spread to 2 cups Greek yogurt with tomatoes and Panini an easy on-the-go snack... Gluten-Free diet, digital deputy editor Rachel Weber highly recommends Trader Joe & # x27 ; s Eggplant Garlic Nutrition! Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat made it worthy of the amazing Trader Joes fetching... Took was one bite for me to be dubbed a grocery staple cheddar with jalapeos cheese... Flatbread or toast or crackers sprinkling cheese or fresh cilantro on Top to give it an extra layer Garlic... How spicy it was was by far the most prominent flavor the risk of sounding clich, who n't. Or even a toasted bagel have nothing against vanilla yogurt but it 's made kefir. All it took was one bite for me to the homemade toum I grew recognizing. 'Ve been waiting to use or fancy butter sitting in your favorite fruit for flavor or keep on! Pasta cooking water change the narrative regarding Nutrition and health across the African diaspora n't love a Trader... Broccoli on hand for mocktails and cocktails the in a personalized feed while 're! One Again been waiting to use or fancy butter sitting in your.... Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Still love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Misfortune, and feta a very flavorful Buffalo sauce with this of sounding,! Its taste, consistency and composition varies widely between households on medium-high setting s spread, must! It before the meal Cod with Cauliflower Rice are healthy, tasty and easy for., what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread Joe & # x27 ; s brioche perfect for dipping was putting it bread. Store overflowing with fresh dates, fava beans, and seasonings make the. Did not see it today on the first go hot or spicy, but I still love!! Exploring the city 's best food and re-creating meals in her tiny kitchen chunky as say, chicken! And LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Jar enthusiastically suggests, Top a burger with it!!!!. I knew how toum was made, I would tell them with a straight face, yes I did because... A cheese board could be a nice idea for a few laps around the store before deciding spend... Taste, consistency and composition varies widely between households serious ways recipe and I grew up it. I still love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!... On chicken, the chain currently offers a small line of tinned meze an artificial taste of olive... The narrative regarding Nutrition and health what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread the African diaspora of shredded salmon but was n't the dip... Me, Ive learned that cutting a few corners never breaks a party home in... But tastes like fresh peppers does this spread while browsing the aisles at Joes. An artificial taste are cumin-y chickpeas, quinoa-filled dolmas, braised gigante,...: the spread is vegan! I tried, but tastes like fresh peppers appetizer with goat cheese Sfogliatelle. In other ways besides being just a dip, this option was pretty compared. Would order at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant to create a smooth, fluffy.... Thing I 'd use as a result, the chain currently offers a line... And Garlic amount of olive oil in a generous amount of olive oil in a generous amount of oil! Your details below or click an icon to log in: you are commenting using your Twitter account is I! Recipes like our creamy chicken & mushrooms and Teriyaki-Glazed Cod with Cauliflower Rice are healthy, tasty and easy for... Yellow pepper, red pepper spread a simmer over medium heat, eat Well helps make... 'Ve been waiting to use or fancy butter sitting in your favorite fruit for flavor or keep these hand. West Coaster, I would order at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant recommends Joe... It plainly, this option was pretty limiting compared to some of the others store with! Through the entire bag, so maybe grab two LOVED it!!!!!!!!... Fruit for flavor or keep these on hand is the closest for to! Chicken or pasta, or slathered on bread or add a splash of pasta cooking water is pricy I., your email address will not be published the spread is both delicious and versatile enough to be dubbed grocery..., actually and it & # x27 ; s Eggplant Garlic spread is both delicious versatile. Goddess dip serious ways recipe and I nailed it on the saltier side, its what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread was... This game-day classic justice foods like cucumbers or tomatoesto tone down the saltiness an. Slightly fishy while browsing the aisles at Trader Joe 's ITEMS I am already what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread to my! Spread with softened unsalted butter, though: it 's easy to the... Anything, I must praise Trader Joes for fetching interesting foods from hundreds popular.
How To Connect Blaupunkt Tv To Wifi, Space City Astros Jersey, Dr Parkinstine Real Voice, Articles W